AssetList - Download Script

Posted By: Ger1

AssetList - Download Script - 05/09/17 09:26

Hi,

can anyone shed some light on how Zorro determines asset parameters from the broker interface?

For example, Oanda has a leverage of 50:1, however when updating with the download script I get leverage values of around 200:1 for most currencies, see attached file.
The same issue happens when connecting with FXCM. The leverage should be 400:1. The values are closer to the actual ones but still not exact.

I know from the manual that Leverage is ignored in case the MarginCost is nonzero (as is the case here). However, when conerting MarginCost to Leverage (MarginCost = Asset price / Leverage * PipCost / PIP) I still do not get the actual Leverage.

Thanks!

Attached File
AssetsFix.csv  (103 downloads)
Attached File
AssetsOanda.csv  (117 downloads)
Posted By: jcl

Re: AssetList - Download Script - 05/09/17 11:48

From what I see, the leverage looks ok in your files, but for instance the commission is not ok - Oanda has no commission. If you think the leverage is wrong, please check with Oanda support.

The broker API does not deliver all parameters. If a parameter is not available, it is taken from the current asset list. That happened with the commissions when you download data from Oanda. So set them to zero before using that file. The new Oanda API will also not provide rollover, so you must enter it manually in the Assets.csv after downloading the asset data.
© 2024 lite-C Forums