How to avoid "Rate limit violation of newly..." on OANDA?

Posted By: panz

How to avoid "Rate limit violation of newly..." on OANDA? - 07/25/16 16:50

I tried to trade Z systems on an OANDA Demo account.

I read in the document about the rate limit, so I only ran 1 Zorro instance, and updated all Forex pair M1 price history for 2016 using Zorro's Download script through an FXCM demo account beforehand. In Z.ini, I set NFA = 1, FXOnly = 1, and Hedge = 5. I also deleted all the CFD rows in AssetsOanda.csv and saved the file as AssetsFix.csv.

However, when I click "Trade" for either Z7 or Z12 (only tried these two), Zorro would log in to OANDA and then show a bunch of error messages, similar to these:
!Rate limit violation of newly established connections. Allowed rate: 2 connections per second
!Rate limit violation of newly established connections. Allowed rate: 2 connections per second
Error 053: USD/JPY unavailable!
Error 053: GBP/USD unavailable!

Then Zorro will pop up a dialog saying "Some assets are not yet uploaded. Wait 10 seconds, then start again. Otherwise check name, remove asset, or set FXOnly."

I even tried updating the asset list by using the Download script with Oanda account to "Save Assets to" AssetsNew.csv and renaming it to AssetsFix.csv. Same problems.

Could anyone help? Thanks!
-Zhong
Posted By: jcl

Re: How to avoid "Rate limit violation of newly..." on OANDA? - 07/26/16 08:57

You use an outdated plugin. Make sure that you really have the current version.

Re: How to avoid "Rate limit violation of newly..." on OANDA? - 07/26/16 14:35

Hi jcl,

Yeah I had noticed that but had thought the newer version was a beta 1.47 and I'd like to wait for it to become release... Hadn't noticed there was a release 1.46.3 which wasn't a beta. After updating to 1.46.3 things work out fine.

Is it feasible to add an update reminder just to notify the user of a new release version? No need to do automatic update - that will increase the complexity as to handle open trades and what files can be overwritten etc. Just a notification would help tremendously.

Thanks!
-Zhong
Posted By: jcl

Re: How to avoid "Rate limit violation of newly..." on OANDA? - 07/26/16 15:42

We send out update notifications, but only when you activated "subscribe to news" while downloading Zorro. If not, just fill out the form again and check "subscribe to news".

Re: How to avoid "Rate limit violation of newly..." on OANDA? - 07/26/16 19:40

OK subscribed, thanks.
© 2024 lite-C Forums