Escalating tensions between Russia and EU/US

Posted By: dusktrader

Escalating tensions between Russia and EU/US - 03/22/14 14:09

I can't help but wonder if we are heading down the path of ultimately not being able to do business with Russian companies. It seems the US and EU are set on using financial sanctions before outright warfare, which seems logical.

If ultimately it becomes illegal to do business with Russian companies, then I'm pretty sure that implies we could see the end of MetaQuotes and MT4 as we know it -- and it seems like that could happen pretty hastily if it comes to that point, like overnight.

Does anyone else think there is any possibility this could happen?

PS: fortunately for Zorro users, we can pretty easily jump to another broker platform like FXCM or (soon) Oanda, if that were to happen.
Posted By: dusktrader

Re: Escalating tensions between Russia and EU/US - 05/16/14 10:28

Quote:
...The U.S. and the EU have already penalized 98 people and 20 companies over Russia’s actions in Ukraine. Should it interfere in the planned election, Russia will face punitive measures targeting entire industries, which may include energy, banking, defense and mining, according to a U.S. official who asked not to be identified following diplomatic protocol.

The U.S. and its European allies agreed that industrywide sanctions would come next, the official said.

from here
Posted By: Thirstywolf

Re: Escalating tensions between Russia and EU/US - 05/17/14 15:44

Glad I'm not in the U.S.
© 2024 lite-C Forums