weekend auto re-connect behavior

Posted By: GPEngine

weekend auto re-connect behavior - 12/06/14 17:55

Hi again

When Zorro in [Trade] mode encounters a Weekend, it sits idle until trading resumes. I imagine it keeps retrying the connection to the broker periodically.

However, there is no way to get Zorro into this state once you are already inside a weekend period. Zorro tries to connect to the broker only once. This leads to a dilemma. Human intervention will need to happen to get Trade to resume as soon as possible. The timing is tricky. Some trades may be missed.
Quote:
Broker: Login - Trading is closed for the weekend. We are currently performing our regular weekly maintenance. You will be able to log in to your account by the time trading opens on Sunday. Normal trading hours are 5:15 p.m. Eastern Time (New York) on Sunday to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (New York) on Friday.
Can't connect!

Feature request: pressing [Trade] during a weekend puts Zorro in the same state as if it had naturally encountered the weekend.
Posted By: JeyKey II

Re: weekend auto re-connect behavior - 12/16/14 21:13

Yes, I vote for this
Posted By: jcl

Re: weekend auto re-connect behavior - 12/17/14 10:03

Makes sense - I'll put this on the todo list. This would allow you to start a trading session during the weekend. Otherwise you should only start when the market is open.
© 2024 lite-C Forums