Please add your contributions also to the wiki

Posted By: Lukas

Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/24/08 14:46

If you contribute something, please post the link and a short description also in the respective article of the Wiki (In Lite-C contributions normally this one this one), to make it easer to find certain files or links.

Index Threads aren't used anymore.
Posted By: crumply

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/24/08 16:40

There should be guidelines for this i.e. there are a lot of tutorials for newbies that talk about shaders that don't tell you what version of gamestudio you need. So someone like me who has lite-c full cannot apply shaders so it would be cool if the wiki had {C} and {P} tags like the manual for version dependent functions.

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/24/08 17:21

Hmm, shaders are usually in the "Shaders" article. You can't expect anything from there to work with Lite-C full. wink I don't think that your suggestion makes sense.

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/24/08 17:24

ARRRGH!

You have to TELL people that it won't work with Lite-C full because they don't know that if they are new! Does that make sense?

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/24/08 17:32

http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/order7.php
Didn't you read that before buying? If you read that you would know that shaders don't work with Lite-C full.

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/24/08 17:45

Yes, I know that. I realise that. I understand that COMPLETELY.

What I am saying is that wiki articles should say what version of gamestudio you need for it to work. So for shaders you need Commercial etc. If you don't understand what I am getting at this time I give up.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/24/08 17:50

yes but what he's saying is that if you buy or use a product, you should know already what features your product includes, so a new person should already know./
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/24/08 18:18

Agreed lost climate, i dont think people should have to be told what version it works with, if they dont know they shouldnt of brought the software.
Posted By: maslone1

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/25/08 09:57

I dont agree with u Blade 28081991.
For beginners it is shurly better to know.
The little project i contribute in this forum (bughunter)- for instance: if a beginner don't know that it runs with ... version 7.10 he maybe will become problems to run the game with an older version.

...And it is not much work for a programmer to write what version he used for the project.

cheers
Marcel
Posted By: badapple

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/25/08 10:27

now what about someone like me , with all my contributions i simply let the forum know they are available at my site , im not accually posting a link to a file , i would nt have to do a wiki right?
Posted By: Volund

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/25/08 10:54

Originally Posted By: maslone1
For beginners it is shurly better to know.

I agree with providing as much info as possible considering it is a common programming courtesy. Even those who know their version need a subtle reminder of their limitations [or lack thereof] from time to time. If they see a {P} it could be a flag to "not read on and get your hopes up", for example, or a {NON} for "nonsense" at which point none of us should read on.

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/25/08 12:10

Hmm, I think people who already bought a 3DGS version should know what features it includes and be able to know that all thing they find e.g. in Shaders section don't work with Lite-C full.

Originally Posted By: badapple
now what about someone like me , with all my contributions i simply let the forum know they are available at my site , im not accually posting a link to a file , i would nt have to do a wiki right?

Hmm, you could add a link to your site to the wiki or something like that, if you think that is useful/necessary.

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/25/08 12:30

Finally people who agree with me!

Originally Posted By: Lukas
Hmm, I think people who already bought a 3DGS version should know what features it includes and be able to know that all thing they find e.g. in Shaders section don't work with Lite-C full.

The key word is "Should" - I didn't know until I looked it up recently and I've been using Lite-C a while. There should be this information as common courtesy to beginners. You should NOT expect beginners to know anything.

Tell me this makes sense now, you're being incredibly dismissive of something that could only help people (i.e. do no harm at all).
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 08/25/08 13:08

you should never purchase something without already knowing so yes, i think it should be expected, and as far as I knew everyone gets a free manual, so to those that dont already know (even tho they should) R_T_F_M. :P
Posted By: Joey

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 02/14/09 13:54

and if you discover a feature which your version doesn't support, upgrade.
Posted By: VeT

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 03/09/09 19:26

okay, so what about adding contributions to wiki? smile
Posted By: NeoNeper

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 04/23/13 12:07

What happened to the wiki 3dgs?
Posted By: sivan

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 04/23/13 12:25

it was shot off a couple of weeks ago because of spams and hacks.
Posted By: NeoNeper

Re: Please add your contributions also to the wiki - 04/23/13 14:40

hmmmmm.
© 2024 lite-C Forums