Programmer looking for a space team :)

Posted By: croman

Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/01/10 19:13

Hey,

Is someone working on some sort of space game, anything to do with spaceships? If someone is, i'd like to join and help... that is if you want me... laugh

I'm a lite-c programmer, experience several years...
I'll work for free or even paid work laugh ...ofcourse

Well, let me know...i'm really in the mood to work on something in space hehe
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/03/10 18:13

Posting Guidelines
Posted By: Joquan

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/04/10 03:41

Hey croman!

Here at Joquan Games Studios, we use ALL programming languages, and we make ALL types of games.

A little bit about us:

We are a small team of independent developers, together since 2005, that produces middle-class type games. (Middle-class quality)We are VERY charitable, so a majority of the profit will go to the John Kanzius Cancer Research Fund. The other money, enough to get back what we invested, plus minimal profit, we will keep. Our site is here.

If you wish to join us, please apply on our site under the correct forum board. I would think you know we are a free game studio by now, right? tongue When everything has been confirmed, your account on our site will get admin access, and a golden crown next to your name to show your rank.

About your idea: I have had an idea like this for quite a while, but I never did it, because I am busy with my own adventure game project. If you want to do this, you will be the lead of the team assigned to this project. laugh Just to let you know, we have a few other C, C++, and Lite-C coders. (I am learning C++, but I just started the course)

I hope to hear from you!

-Jake

CEO, owner, and founder of Joquan Productions, Joquan Games Studios is a subsidiary.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/05/10 14:23

You don't have to turn every topic into an advertisement for your organization, Joquan. Besides, I think the guy is looking for a team that already exists. If he wanted to start his own, his post would be in the "Jobs Offered" forum.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/05/10 14:35

i even agreed to work with him till i realized and got a little tip from someone who are they laugh

well you cant blame him much, he'll see on his own that he wont succeed like that...

anyway, you can lock this thread, i found my self a project to work on...
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/07/10 15:40

lol.. too bad you said space game lol, shouted multiplayer fps and i'd shout your name instantly tongue

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/07/10 18:11

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
You don't have to turn every topic into an advertisement for your organization, Joquan. Besides, I think the guy is looking for a team that already exists. If he wanted to start his own, his post would be in the "Jobs Offered" forum.

I don't HAVE to but I WANT to. And my team does exist.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/07/10 18:14

Originally Posted By: croman
i even agreed to work with him till i realized and got a little tip from someone who are they laugh

well you cant blame him much, he'll see on his own that he wont succeed like that...

anyway, you can lock this thread, i found my self a project to work on...

I won't succeed? I WON'T SUCCEED??? I already have succeeded more than I originally imagined! Read the story of Andrew Gower, he started almost the same way that I did. He read books upon books, then went to university for a degree, and to clean up his skills a little. RuneScape was just a small college project, and it now turned into the world's number 1 online multiplayer game, as stated in the Guinness World Records. I am just getting a little ahead of what he did at my age. Just because of this past post, I am half tempted to demote your account on my site to regular member.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/07/10 18:21

Just because Andrew Gower succeeded doesnot mean you will succeed too. From outside what i see is only a kid obsessed with RuneScape, swimming in dreams.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/07/10 19:18

Quote:
Just because Andrew Gower succeeded doesnot mean you will succeed too. From outside what i see is only a kid obsessed with RuneScape, swimming in dreams.

Exactly. Also, you don't look too professional when you shout and threaten your users when they speak in a less-than-flattering way about you. Please don't stop reading this post here.

You can't blame us for doubting your ability to succeed. There are probably millions of kids in this world just like you, they call themselves a CEO and create a website for their "company". But behind all of this self applause and hot air, there's absolutely nothing.

One thing typical of successful people, including Andrew Gower, is that their projects started out as hobbies, college projects, and stuff like that. Gower didn't try to inflate himself, make a huge game website, and pretend to be some kind of awesome game developer. He only did that after years of working, when he suddenly found out, "Hey, I have something kind of cool here."

Think about the kind of reputation you've gained here so far. All we know about you is that you love Runescape and have a gaming website. There's no end to the self promotion you've made for yourself, but you've got nothing to show for it. Look at the other forum members: sPIKe, Hummel, Superku, etc. They don't try to advertise themselves all that much. All they do is make games for the fun of it. People respect them not because they have big websites, but because they have a proper amount of self esteem and they clearly have talent. They've made lots of games, some of them quite good. But you haven't done anything but say how awesome you are.

Nobody is trying to make you angry here. We're telling you the truth. Right now, you aren't successful, and you're not great. You could very well become just as successful as Andrew Gower someday, but not the way you're headed. You don't have to destroy your website or anything, but you really should stop pretending you're awesome, because almost nobody's going to take you seriously.

Quote:
And my team does exist.

I meant a team that was actively developing a space game. From what I can tell, you're not actively involved in any space game projects. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Posted By: DJBMASTER

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/07/10 20:20

Yeh I agree with Redeemer that the CEO stuff does make you seem a little immature. If you are quite a young person then that's probably understandable but you have to realise that not everyone can become the next Bill Gates.

You have ambitions (maybe slightly unrealistic) which is a good thing because nobody can really succeed without passion.

My advice to you is to 'know your place'. Cut out all the CEO, copyright, company stuff and focus on increasing your skillset through programming/art and start building small but interesting applications.

When you have something that is worth showing then feel free to present it, but please don't exaggerate what it can do.

As for your 'team', just think as it as a bunch of friends with similar interests/hobbies working on a project together for fun. Don't think of it as a commerical team, with wages, promotions, etc. It is just a bit silly.

Anyway that's my rant over. In the end just do what you enjoy most. You may realise in a few years that you were probably too ambitious, we all have.
Posted By: the_mehmaster

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 11:52

@Joquan: grin... I think there's still some posts around from when i had that sort of attitude.

It's a nice thing to have, but probably won't be beneficial in the long run. I think my 'companies' name was 'SebSoft, not to be underestimated'.. Makes me laugh when i think about itgrin. I must admit that your name is a lot more inventive than mine was (First half of my name stuck with the first half of 'software'.). Even now i have a little name (in my sig) for an engine i'm developing in c++ for directx (which so far, has failed miserably..). I reckon that if you replaced the end of your posts from
Originally Posted By: joquan
'CEO of blah corporation (C) etc'
with something like:
Originally Posted By: an indie team
>Here< is some things demonstrating our teams skills, and some tech demos
you would be taken a lot more seriously. Also, your apparent obsession with RuneScape is quite a big offputter (for me anyway), because it says 'This is a game I really like, and i want to make something exactly like it'. I don't think so. Runescape was text-based (yes, text based), until about 10 people joined the team. Aim low, then work your way up.

off-topic:- WoW is much bigger than RuneScape (by paying users) atm... (Not that I play WoW... I rather EVE, I find it more interesting)

Come to think of it, i would be interested in developing a space-type game also...
Posted By: Landixus

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 13:13

Quote:
Joquan Video Game Studios, and computer productions.
Copyright © Joquan Productions, 2005-2010, all rights reserved. Current branch within this site is Joquan Games Studios, a subsidiary of Joquan Productions.

You have money for the copyright Logo but no money for a Website?

I will send the Link just for fun to your government agency,
only to see what happen then. laugh

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 13:17

hehe, i think it's enough now. he's just a kid (14-15 years), he'll learn eventually... i think...
Posted By: mikaldinho

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 14:17

i am developing a large game at the minute (i posted this so no-one thinks i am one of them big-mouthed not-getting-anywhere guys). i came up with the name "Mikesgames Productions" because i dont think "made by Michael,Connor and Rory" sounds like a good opening for a game.

as for the (c) and stuff he showed, there is absolutely no sign of any copyright used anywhere on his site other than in his sig!

this might be of some interest to jake (joquan):
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=311298&page=1

anyway...

sorry that i dont have a space game going on, otherwise i would have asked for your help frown

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 15:27

Originally Posted By: croman
hehe, i think it's enough now. he's just a kid (14-15 years), he'll learn eventually... i think...

You think? I didn't know that! wink
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 15:32

At least he is not using that "Ltd" anymore,
wich can really mean legal trouble.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 15:52

Originally Posted By: Joquan's Wierd Comment
You think? I didn't know that!

...?
Posted By: mikaldinho

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 16:07

this topic has turned into a arguement.

take it to morbius.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 16:18

Yeh, I think we've gone on long enough. The original question has been resolved, so maybe it's time for Mr. Lock! (tm)

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 17:08

Originally Posted By: Damocles_
At least he is not using that "Ltd" anymore,
wich can really mean legal trouble.

I know, and I am grateful to you who notified me of that. You really did save me the legal issues. laugh

To everyone else, it isn't an argument yet. You don't want one from me, trust me.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 17:18

Yup, perhaps we'd better leave it at that!

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) - 05/08/10 19:22

Good idea. I don't really want to get too angry over something so stupid.
© 2024 lite-C Forums