get bone vertices

Posted By: 3dgamelight

get bone vertices - 07/13/18 23:40

How to get all vertices assigned to a bone?
Posted By: txesmi

Re: get bone vertices - 07/14/18 18:30

I am afraid it is not possible
Posted By: Superku

Re: get bone vertices - 07/14/18 20:50

Check out ent_bonename: http://www.conitec.net/beta/aent_bonename.htm

Re: get bone vertices - 07/14/18 22:20

I looked at this function. But I do not know how to use it to get all bones controlling a vertex. I suppose if I look for it's parents/children, I will get more vertices than those assigned to a single bone.
Posted By: 3run

Re: get bone vertices - 07/14/18 22:49

Maybe you can get total amount of vertices of the model (ent_status), then cycle through all of them via 'for' loop with use of 'ent_bonename' to get the name of the bones and save all results? Just a quick idea.

Best regards!

Re: get bone vertices - 07/15/18 08:18

ups, true.

Re: get bone vertices - 07/15/18 10:37

Originally Posted By: 3run
Maybe you can get total amount of vertices of the model (ent_status), then cycle through all of them via 'for' loop with use of 'ent_bonename' to get the name of the bones and save all results? Just a quick idea.

How to make this work when a vertex is assigned to more than one bone?

Originally Posted By: txesmi
ups, true.

What you mean? You mean you previous answer is true and it is not possible?

Re: get bone vertices - 07/15/18 11:31

I meant that I did not remember ent_bonename. But it returns a single bone by vertex, so it seems it is not possible at the end, but my word is in question grin
Posted By: 3run

Re: get bone vertices - 07/15/18 11:53

Originally Posted By: 3dgamelight
How to get all vertices assigned to a bone?
You asked about ONE bone, and you got solution for that.

As for multiple bones, I don't think that will be possible, since Acknex's tools don't support such things out of the box (f.e. in MED it's not possible to rig model assigning vertices to several bones). For your solution, saving stuff by hand might be the only way.

Greets
Posted By: Superku

Re: get bone vertices - 07/15/18 13:36

Yeah, multiple bones will get difficult. You could file_load the mdl, then look at the bytes if you really want to do this by script but this probably won't be done in an hour, probably not even a day.
© 2024 lite-C Forums