A8

Posted By: DAVIDMORETON

A8 - 03/03/18 10:40

Sorry Folks - I am confused! I have A7 - works fine - just tried A8 'Trial'. The 'object - model' panel seems to be empty - not like A7. Also there do not seem to be any means of adding an action to a model (if there was one!).
How do I put a player (with action - collision detection etc.) into the game?
Also, what do I call the model if I want it to move when standing on a moving object? (Not a normal 'lift')
Lifts, doors etc seem to be missing also.
The manual does not seem to cover these questions.
Yours hopefully, David

dbreynoldsmoreton433@gmail.com
Posted By: Dooley

Re: A8 - 03/07/18 22:05

For the second part of your question - this bit about lifts - it sounds like you might be missing a template script that you are used to.

Regarding the first part, I also have A7, so I'm not sure how A8 addresses these issues.
Posted By: DAVIDMORETON

Re: A8 - 03/24/18 11:20

Just in case you use c-script and are about to try A8 (Litec), [as I had problems with it,] this might help:-
In c-script you put a biped into the game and give it an action (walking etc.) from a list.
I tried this in A8, but there were no actions.
If you want to put a biped into a basic game, I have found this is the easiest way to do it.:-

Build a hollow box, add player(texture box if you like), give it a name in save, go to Map Properties and click on New script, select Template project. (close box)
Open project manager, click Add, click Script, (make sure ‘camera’ is in the box), click the drop down arrow and select Start up and then add Player parameters.
Close the box, highlight the 'player' and add behavior,build and save, and then run. You can alter the player’s properties by going back to Project manager, select customize, and then highlight player and click ‘customize’ in the pale blue bar – don’t forget to save your alterations !!
Hope this helps someone!
David.
© 2024 lite-C Forums