can 3DGS running in apple,unix platform?

Posted By: frankjiang

can 3DGS running in apple,unix platform? - 06/02/17 02:47

can 3DGS running in apple,unix platform?
is it possiable?or just running in win32?
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: can 3DGS running in apple,unix platform? - 06/02/17 08:02

It's primarily focused on windows. The developers of 3dgs said that they can port 3dgs games to other platforms, but otherwise it only runs on windows.
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: can 3DGS running in apple,unix platform? - 06/02/17 11:23

You can try wine, it does a relative good job for games / engines / directx 9
Posted By: Dooley

Re: can 3DGS running in apple,unix platform? - 06/03/17 05:33

I have successfully run both my games with WINE on Ubuntu.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: can 3DGS running in apple,unix platform? - 06/04/17 11:02

Wine and Gamestudio work well toghether if the right fonts are installed, i do some stuff with gamestudio under linux and it works well
Posted By: Dooley

Re: can 3DGS running in apple,unix platform? - 06/06/17 06:03

Originally Posted By: MasterQ32
Wine and Gamestudio work well toghether if the right fonts are installed, i do some stuff with gamestudio under linux and it works well

Hey do you know if it works on the Mac version of WINE? I've seen that there is one, but I don't have a Mac to actually test it on. The app is caller WineBottle or something.

Also, is there a way to package WINE along with your game, so a user could simply install it all together? I'm sure Unix users are familiar with installing WINE, but it might be a nice feature to have it all install together. Perhaps the 3DGS folks could provide some kind of installer packet that would do this for us. It could expand the user base...
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: can 3DGS running in apple,unix platform? - 06/06/17 09:16

You don't install "wine" together with your game. You USE wine to install your game already using the windows installer wink

Also: Packing something together with your game on linux is bad, as you are exposing the user to vulnerabilities in your packed packages.

My advice is: Provide your game as package for the distributions you want to target, but don't provide the game data with it.

So if a user buys your game (for windows), he just has to copy the stuff to a folder and install the game via packet manager

For Gamestudio, this means you can roll out updates for your game exe and maybe some files and the user only buys the WRS for linux.

But no, i don't own a Mac as well
© 2024 lite-C Forums