mouse(animal!0

Posted By: DAVIDMORETON

mouse(animal!0 - 08/14/15 11:29

Hi Folks,
I KNOW this is the lite-c forum - but I have had no luck in the c-script forum:- anyone here help please?

I need a mouse (animal) type creature to run out of a hole, follow a ‘path’ and return to hole - in c-script please!!
I have tried making my own - but failed to animate it.
I seem to remember one offered for free sometime ago, but can’t find it.
Does anyone know of one please? (with script to run it)
David.
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/14/15 12:43

If i remember well, the "Big One" models pack from Acknex Unlimited page, winner of one of the contest, have one animated mouse. Check in manual about path_spline, to move your mouse on path. I'm sure you will find there example code, C-script or LiteC, there is no big difference.

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/17/15 06:40

Thanks Iglarion for you feedback - I can't find the pack of models you mentioned, but will carry on searching.
Kind regards, David.

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/17/15 07:29

[url=Big One]www.opserver.de/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/au/models/zipped/bigone.zip[/url]

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/18/15 11:00

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Iglarion - got the mouse!( actually a rat, but that's just fine).
I have tried to make it walk along a path, but no luck - can not get the code right - do you know of a piece of code which would work - IN C-SCRIPT.
Apologies for being a nuisance, but I am stuck.
The idea is for the rat to be in a box (with a hole in it) come out of the hole when 'triggered', follow a path, and go back into the box through another hole.
Kind regards, David

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/18/15 12:33

I made for you one example on speed. Just hit key SPACE and mouse will enter from one trashcan to another.
SmartMouse

Best Regards

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/21/15 12:51

Thanks Iglarion for the last post - I clicked on 'smartmouse' - found a page with the details of your download, but no means of downloading to myself. Only two 'download' tabs, and they both tried to download another program !!
Is it possible that you could e-mail the Smartmouse as an attachment please? It must be in c-script please.
Yours hopefully, David.

david@davidmoreton1.wanadoo.co.uk

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/21/15 13:22

Strange, zippy share works quite well here. Try this direct link. You have both version there, C-script and LiteC.
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/21/15 16:30

@lglarion: You might want to reupload it somewhere else or send it to him via email.

Zippyshare doesn't work for me either (since a year ago or even more).

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/21/15 17:56

Thanks for the info, i did not know about it. Must depend from country to country.
I'll send to him vie e-mail.

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/25/15 13:03

Hello Iglarion
I still have one problem:-
When I run Smartmouse the rat hops along - both front feet move together as do the back.
When I put ‘rat’ into Med and run the animations, it walks (as it should) left front and back legs come together and then move apart (as do the right pair).
I tried putting ‘walk’ into the script (instead of run) and ran the program in Wed - all motion stopped.!
Is there a way of making ‘rat’ walk please?
Kind regards, David

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/25/15 21:13

Sorry but i am not 100% sure what is the problem. This rat model have only run animation, if you want that your rat walk, you must make "walk" animations or use a model that has this animation. You can't call walk animation in the code if it does not exist in model.

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/26/15 10:16

Hi Iglarion,
Thanks for your reply.
The rat in ‘the big one’ has a very good walking movement (I ran the animation in Med).
I do not understand how to get that animation into your smartmouse script.
I have tried replacing ‘run’ with ‘walk’, but it will not work - is there a way of doing this please? Is there a tutorial on putting animations into scripts? I have been through the manual, but it does not help.
Apologies for being a nuisance.
David

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/26/15 11:21

No, this rat do not have walk animation. Maybe you're in the MED saw something what looks like a walk animation but when you open MED go to: Object > Manage Frames, and you will see names of all frames. If you think that some of frames looks like walk animation, select them and rename in "walk". Now you can change in code "run" to "walk" and this is it.

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/27/15 08:21

Hello Iglarion,
At last I have my mouse (rat) moving perfectly !!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND HELP
I think your English is very good, and perfectly understandable.

END OF TOPIC (I hope!!)

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/29/15 14:00

Sorry Folks - it's me again (David) Still got a problem !!!

The set up is as follows:-
Block of cheese on table. (with mouse inside)
If cheese is ‘touched’, mouse runs out of hole in side of cheese, runs around in a circle (going around obstacles), and enters cheese through hole on opposite side it came out of, ready to go again if cheese is touched.
I have spent three days, trying all sorts of code to make this happen - but it will not work !
I can stop the mouse movement by using ‘return’ after the ‘else’ in your code (Iglarion) - but that is all ! ( I can not get the ‘mouse’ to move again)
Even better if I have two paths, the mouse goes along one, and if activated again, goes along the other one - is this possible please?
Kind regards, David.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/29/15 19:43

David it is very possible. Have i not posted path stuff these few months? Problem is c-script. I know how to do it, i don't know how to translate it down to c-script.

Read here http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=54424&Number=453602#Post453602

good luck with the translation
Posted By: JcI_the_second

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/29/15 23:06

David, I think someone who use engine over teen years can not simply ask people to write codes for you, over and over again... so you'll never learn how to code, and without a basic knowledge of programming is impossible to finish any game. First, almost no one else uses the c-script, it's outdated. Move to lite-c and start with tutorials. For month or two you'll see that the things you're looking for can be made easily in a few minutes. Then when you get stuck with any part of the code you can ask for help here, otherwise, this belongs in User Requests forum.
Just a friendly advice wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/29/15 23:44

again David take a look at the post for realspawn
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=454145#Post454145
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/30/15 00:51

Hey David what JCL told you are wise words.

As a non coder i tried to create what you need. All i do
is collect snippets and study them and try to use them myself.
is this what your looking for ?

https://youtu.be/wyVwV_s2_VY

all i used are my own workshops and the aum examples laugh
sometimes it takes forever but in the end you will make it work. I did this in lite-C as i begin to understand it little by little. This demo crashes sometimes but i will find the error. At least it showes it can be done. I did this in 2 hours laugh it uses as much paths as needed and thx to JCL i learned how to make the mouse disappear in the cheese again grin

I agree often its taking very long searching for answers but it's needed to get anywhere laugh

when i can fix this crash thing i will upload it to my workshops page.

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/30/15 01:54

I used a simple object that removes the rat laugh
no crashes anymore fixed it all. It's now on my place
ready for download.

http://rp-interactive.nl/3dga8/wshop.html

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/30/15 09:17

Thank you, Malice, JCL, and Realspawn, for all your help and support,
I agree, I should not ask for code - but I was stuck.
As for lite-c and the years I have been working on this game -
There was no lite-c when I started - I can only work on it when I have a little time - so it is done in bits and pieces. (when finished, I’ll try and convert it to lite-c)
The section I am working on now has nearly 1500 lines of code - plus a lot of sweat and pulled out hair! I am afraid to convert to lite-c at the moment.
REALSPAWN,
The code you have in your workshop is exactly what I want - the actual movement of the ‘mouse’ in my game is a little more complex than I stated, but I can take care of that OK - my only problem was stopping it from racing around in a
circle for ever.! I will now try and convert it to c-script - without help!
Promise Folks - I will learn lite-c !!!!
Kind regards, David - and thanks again for all your help.

PS. If any of you want an e-book (sci-fi only) I will gladly send one (I write sci-fi, 20 books published so far), just send PM to me.

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/30/15 14:12

Good to hear bro laugh i agree its a pain in the &@*&*@ sometimes laugh

but you will get there just take your time
Posted By: DLively

Re: mouse(animal!0 - 08/30/15 14:55

lite-c is very similar (but better) to c-script. Don't be afraid to upgrade. I was, and it prolonged my progress.
© 2024 lite-C Forums