Lite-C crash

Posted By: aiglon

Lite-C crash - 03/07/14 05:34

Hi, I'm new with the engine but I have a problem with that.
After 2 minutes using the editor, the computer SHUTDOWN..

I have windows 7 64 bits, 4 gigs of Ram, cpu:I2

Can you help me with that?

Thankyou
Aiglon
Posted By: 3dgs_snake

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/07/14 10:04

Hi,

Welcome! what kind of problem do you have exactly? What version/edition? And what editor (SED, WED, GED, MED)?

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/07/14 21:47

I use SED version: 8.10.3 . The problem is the computer close after 2 minutes of use when I edit a script. The problem is only with this program.

DV
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/08/14 00:26

What does "the computer close" exactly mean?

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/08/14 05:41

The computer close like no power. I have to restart the computer to back in windows.

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/08/14 11:35

First guess: You're messing with the port_in and/or port_out commands.

Second guess: Your graphicscard consumes to much power for your power supply unit. Can you play other games on your computer?

Third guess: A driver problem. Do you have an ATI Card? Did you check the event log for problem reports / bluescreens?

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/08/14 20:45

My video card is an AMD Radeon HD7700
My power supply have 500 watts
No blue screen, the power faill is only when I use SED.

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/09/14 11:37

Are there any entries in the system event viewer for that particular time when the machine reboots?
Posted By: Wjbender

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/10/14 10:05

usually when a pc shuts down with no warning there are a few possibilties of whom most are "self protection" here are a few common causes ..

over heating :check all your fans work and that every fan runs without squeeling noises wich could indicate a fan failure , make sure your cpu fan is not limited in the bios to a certain speed but adapts its speed to the heat (modern hardware usualy support this )

make sure your cpu fan and heatsink is fastened propperly ..

make sure you have clear airflow and not blocked off by dust etc..

hardware : if you have added any new hardware , remove it and try again .

remove all non essential hardware and try again .

a hardware failure could produce this but usually this would happen not to just one piece of software .

operating system : start your pc enter the bios mode and check the heat statistics of your pc or make sure no errors , leave the pc running a while in bios if it doesnt shutdown then it is likely that the os (windows) are experiencing problems the cure is to remove all software do a clean install (usually) ..

power : sometimes your pc might have just enough power to keep running untill a little more is expected from it like a cdrom or some fans or something speeding up and which when it oversteps the power supply units power rating it will power down with no warning , a failing power unit also produces this ..

check to see you do not have a auto shutdown setting ..

if the problem only happens with certain software you might have a virus infection ,yes theres a virusses and malware that does that , update your virus software and scann your pc .

ps. i would start on the virus check ..
also scan your disk for errors.

almost forgot , overclocking is also a cause of over heating .
running memmory at the wrong speed also causes random failure due to corruption but ussually does not just power down a pc
Posted By: sivan

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/10/14 11:15

I have read some days ago the ATI driver update notes, and there was a version that solved the problem of game engines too high fps detection or something similar. it caused my pc crashing with a blue death screen when 3dgs run on fullscreen mode.
so try to use fps_max = 50; as a first step. it solved my problem.
Posted By: Wjbender

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/10/14 14:18

yeah and lets add to that ,if you open sed and do nothing for 2 mins it would go to sleep/shutdown if your power saving settings were specified as such (not saying you dont know) just giving reasons of possiple causes outside the realm of sed related issues .

Re: Lite-C crash - 03/11/14 02:11

I will try all that, thankyou
© 2024 lite-C Forums