multi-levels views

Posted By: delinkx

multi-levels views - 08/12/09 03:07

I am thinking of splitting the screen in 4 and loading 4 levels in each split ? is tat possible ? any hints...

wat exactly i am doing. i want to display the 4 levels of a building in each split window independantly. the levels are not connected.

is this possible ? and any hints to start off..
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: multi-levels views - 08/12/09 04:54

You can't start more than one level at once, because loading a level closes the other.
What you can do is placing the terrains of map entities or models of the different environments in a distance of 10000 of quants from each other, and place a camera within each of them with its own view within the frames of the screen.

Re: multi-levels views - 08/12/09 05:23

yes. tats a possibility. in one of the splits, i wanted to have a combined one like the full building. this way means there gonna be duplicate map entities. smile
Posted By: Gumby22don

Re: multi-levels views - 08/12/09 06:10

you could make your own 'level loading' function and define which models to load in a txt file, allowing for 4 arbitrary 'level's to load up (and still seperate them in space sufficiently as pappe said.

Don
have a great day
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: multi-levels views - 08/12/09 14:25

just another thought: if you just want to show the levels, you could use a panel for it with a screenshot or a looping video of the level
Posted By: DJBMASTER

Re: multi-levels views - 08/12/09 14:38

It can be done pretty easily with Win32 calls. I did this in C# a couple of weeks ago, and i got 2 independant levels loaded into a form. 4 would be no problem.

I know i used C#, but it can be done the same way in Lite-C/c++.

Re: multi-levels views - 08/13/09 03:03

@Scorpion: Not really just showing here. Else video would have been the best option. But camera manipulation is also there (though its just a visualization).

@DJBMASTER: Yes, i also found in the manual, 2 instance or more of the engine can be loaded when using the engine SDK in C++. So loading them onto a form will do it. But right now I would want to stick to using only Lite-C.
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: multi-levels views - 08/13/09 03:37

you could use different materials to display the different entities per view as required,
would save you having multiples of the same one
© 2024 lite-C Forums