Voice Actors

Posted By: oldschoolj

Voice Actors - 09/15/07 06:25

Hi folks,

I looking for folks of all ages to help out with some voice acting for an RPG that will be released in late October, early November. As a voice actor your name will be included in the credits, and you will recieve a free copy of the game upon release. Your total investment of time might be 10 minutes, or 10 hours, depending on the roll you'd like to play:)

No prior experience is nessessary, and there are many styles I need. We would use audacity (a small program capable of recording) to capture your voice. I would then edit it and insert it into the game.

I have many different voices that are needed. Main characters, NPC's, misc. player controlled characters, and enemies. Ranging from gruff, harsh sounding speech, to polished higher pitched speech patterns. Lines range from one or two lines, up to a full dialog. Please post if your interested in being a part of something like this.

Thanks for you time,

Jesse
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Voice Actors - 09/15/07 10:10

would be awesome to do!
then i would be AGAIN in the credits lol

you know where to find me on msn right

regards,
Posted By: jigalypuff

Re: Voice Actors - 09/15/07 10:31

i have an irish accent, fairly soft spoken, let me know if thats any use to you and if so send me some lines and i`ll record them.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Voice Actors - 09/15/07 12:44

doo yoo need a german/bavarian accent? (man, ~40 years) (but only a short cast)

Re: Voice Actors - 09/15/07 13:22

I have 13 distinct races from diverse cultures. Each is unique to the game. So no conventional rules apply. I am definately interested in different accents. If you your interested, please pm me with an amount of time that you would be willing to spend, and I will pm you back with the phrases that need to be said, and also a link to audacity (the recording software). Thanks for your time
Posted By: aztec

Re: Voice Actors - 09/15/07 13:39

yeah I could also do some speaking
need a 16 year old german/eglish accent?
if you do pm me i´d take some short texts
Posted By: Blink

Re: Voice Actors - 09/15/07 13:51

i've done voice acting for animations, song recording, spoken word poerty, and m'cing events, as well as voice acting for the cut scene of my own projects. if you need voice acting, i can help as well. i can do different types of voices as well. i am american.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Voice Actors - 09/15/07 16:08

i am capable of at least five different voice types. i prefer lunatics though, sicne i have a rather high voice, comparable to nicolas brandons voice. i can rasp , highpitch or drain my voice. i can even sound like hitler if that is of any help (i hope not)
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Voice Actors - 09/15/07 18:27

I can also do some speaking
16 years, slight Russian accent(or maybe strong, dunno )
looks like you'll have many races and accents

Re: Voice Actors - 09/15/07 21:54

oh my, am i the oldest guy in this forum,lol? i was looking at another thread and there was a kid in the 10th grade. i am an old guy trying to make video games!!!!!

Re: Voice Actors - 09/16/07 01:27

Hehe,

your not the only old guy here trust me.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Voice Actors - 09/16/07 01:39

I was working with someone that was 36, pretty cool guy. I need to get back to him soon.

Re: Voice Actors - 09/16/07 03:50

i dont feel so bad now,lol.
Posted By: aztec

Re: Voice Actors - 09/16/07 13:42

Quote:

oh my, am i the oldest guy in this forum,lol? i was looking at another thread and there was a kid in the 10th grade. i am an old guy trying to make video games!!!!!

Propably tha was me
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Voice Actors - 09/16/07 20:45

Quote:

I can also do some speaking
16 years, slight Russian accent(or maybe strong, dunno )
looks like you'll have many races and accents

lol, i love that kind of accent (GTA IV?) if anyone, put him in for SURE!
(dont be offended by this though!!)

But wouldnt it be actually even cooler if everyone just converted the english lines to their own language, and have a multilingual game?
that way all races really have their own speach
just brainstorming a bit

regards,
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Voice Actors - 09/16/07 21:30

Yeah, the voice in the gta4 trailer is funny, although it doesn't sound like russian to me
Posted By: Lighthope

Re: Voice Actors - 09/16/07 22:49

I've done voices for video games and audio dramas as well as acting for the BBC, Paramount, Disney, etc. I would be interested in being a voice for more video games.

I do have a question, though. I would like to know a bit more about your project. Freeware? Shareware? Commercial? If it's anything but freeware, I would want some kind of compensation, especially for 10 hours of work.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Who were the Beta Testers for Preparations A through G???

--== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

Re: Voice Actors - 09/16/07 22:55

I think everyone has done an excellent job so far!! The only thing that I ask you guys, is sometimes when you talk into the mic theres like a popping sound, almost like the mic was to close. I'm not very knowledgable about audio equipment, but maybe hold it a bit farther away..?

Thanks so much for your contributions thus far, heh I promise you'll find it really cool when you here them in game.

Please make sure that when you send me the files, you give me a permanant email address, because I need to know where to send the link for the beta, as well as other useful information about the game.

Re: Voice Actors - 09/16/07 23:09

@ Lighthope, I would be willing to compensate a 10 hour contribution, that of course is a magical figure. There are only 3 rolls in the first chapter release of the game that would require more than a few minutes. The main character (who is not player controlled), the main enemy, and the narrator. All of these rolls are dead serious parts, and would require you to view the animations sequences and lypsynch to them, I honestly don't know how well this is going to go because it is out of my domain of knowledge, and I have never attempted this. I am planning about a 5 minute opening sequence that is narrated, along with a short movie at the end of the game (after defeating the final boss.

I may not have time to finish either of these because I don't have the time and I want to release the game by late october, early november,, so we will see.

For now I really need help with the NPC's, and the AI controlled heroes that the player can hire in towns. so to Blink and Lighthope, I would have to give this some more thought... But thanks alot for replying!

I've sent out several PM's at folks, and I forgot to keep copies of the PM's ive sent so I'm a bit confused. If I havnt PM'd you with some lines please give me a another PM so I can send some to you.

Have a great day!

Jesse
Posted By: Nagashi

Re: Voice Actors - 09/17/07 00:17

For mic popping the best solution is to put a piece of cloth between you and the mic (for a very cheap solution a bandana over your face like a cowboy or bank-robber) the popping noise is a sharp rush of air that happens when you say letters like “P” and the cloth will disperse this, and give you very clear recordings every time. Incidentally I would be interested in a small part it sounds like fun.

Re: Voice Actors - 09/17/07 02:23

if you have a wire clothes hanger shaped into a circle and a nylon women stocking(panty hose), you now have an old school pop stopper. i am older than you oldschoolj, lol.

Re: Voice Actors - 09/17/07 03:23

I'm glad, because I didnt want to think that I was the oldest person on these forums, lol

Re: Voice Actors - 09/17/07 18:48

Jesee,

Quote:

and would require you to view the animations sequences and lypsynch to them

Generally speaking, you want to get your voices first and then construct the animation around the dialogue. At least, this is pretty much how I understand it to be done and how I've had it done to my voice in the past. But admittedly the mechanics are beyond me. I'm just an actor.

Quote:

I may not have time to finish either of these because I don't have the time and I want to release the game by late october, early november,, so we will see.

Well, I can at least speak from experience that you should try your best. Better to delay a release than release something and then bash yourself for leaving something out.

Quote:

For now I really need help with the NPC's, and the AI controlled heroes that the player can hire in towns. so to Blink and Lighthope, I would have to give this some more thought... But thanks alot for replying!

If you're ever interested, just drop me an e-mail.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Allow me to introduce my selves...

Re: Voice Actors - 09/17/07 19:43

ya like i said ive never done this sort of thing before. I can say this, all of my ingame characters and NPC's have full speaking, lypsynching capabilities, they are even able to match what you say and automatically move their mouths and muscles in their faces to match your words. But the software is very expensive and i can't afford to liscence it out. So I'm not sure what to do...

Re: Voice Actors - 09/17/07 20:31

Quote:

ya like i said ive never done this sort of thing before. I can say this, all of my ingame characters and NPC's have full speaking, lypsynching capabilities, they are even able to match what you say and automatically move their mouths and muscles in their faces to match your words. But the software is very expensive and i can't afford to liscence it out. So I'm not sure what to do...

Ultima IX had full dialogue without mouth animation and it didn't bother me. I wouldn't worry about it.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they tell you it's because they're such beautiful animals. I think my wife is beautiful, but I only have photographs of her on the wall.

Posted By: Metal_Man

Re: Voice Actors - 09/28/07 02:36

Is this voice acting offer still available?

I have a low (bass) voice with good presence and experience in both singing and stage acting. I am also experienced in speaking to a microphone in a way that produces good sound.

I can also do some accents:
-monotone like a robot
-mexican, sort of
-American
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
-old guy
-falsetto (man faking a womans voice)
-and some others

Re: Voice Actors - 09/28/07 12:33

@ Metal_man
Well I do have a race of creatures called MechaAI, they were origonally created by a superior alien race that inhabited the planet long before humanoids. They are artificial life, and although I havnt given much thought to the way they sound when speaking, you could give me a pm with some robot like voices, and we can see if that fits.
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: Voice Actors - 09/29/07 21:03

Maybe you should put up a poster around the nearest high school drama club/class, a college theater arts department, or a community theater center.
They'll probably work for free and you'd have a consistent recording session where you have control, rather than the crusty sound-work of a bunch of cruddy geek microphones

Re: Voice Actors - 09/29/07 21:48

I've got great results from people so far
but thats a good idea

Re: Voice Actors - 10/06/07 03:36

lol, high-school actors have constantly full schedules: I've lost so much time to the musical "Anything Goes" and will probably lose a lot more time by the end. (It's a wonder how I cram in time for homework and GameStudio projects.... It's also a wonder how I'll then cram in time for recording my voice, but I'll just have to force it to work. )
Posted By: ICEman

Re: Voice Actors - 10/08/07 16:28

What kind of voices are you in a specific need for?
Posted By: Calined

Re: Voice Actors - 10/10/07 19:21

i am definately interested^^

Re: Voice Actors - 10/11/07 01:11

i am still available, pm if you need something.

Re: Voice Actors - 10/11/07 01:36

Right now I could really use three distinctive voices, for 3 NPC's. A female voice for one of the main characters in the game. A male voice for a mystical beast creature who functions as the guru, and teacher for characters. And a noble but stronge voice for the chieftan of village.
If anyone would like to help jsut send me a PM I'd luv your support and greatly appreciate it
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Voice Actors - 10/14/07 21:57

I will try to send you some samples tomorrow!
Posted By: darkjavas

Re: Voice Actors - 10/21/07 13:07

If you still need some people I could help,
I am British (not a posh acsent)
My friends and others say I have a evil laugh.
So If you want me then just pm me.
Posted By: chaotic_dragon

Re: Voice Actors - 10/24/07 05:25

im half Australian and half British, i can do aussie, british, scotish, german, french and russian accents. i have been working with music and other varies sounds and equiptment for most of my life (even though im only 15 haha).
i also do lighting and graphic and modern art-work if that can be of any help towards you...(read my signiture for email address if interested.

cheers. -Chaotic_Dragon- aka instant_kill

Re: Voice Actors - 11/03/07 05:05

I can do a robot voice, may I send some samples? If I do, is it ok if I process them a bit? I can make it sound more electronic that way.
© 2024 lite-C Forums