Pathfinding Plugin

Posted By: middleagechinese

Pathfinding Plugin - 11/07/17 13:54

I found out that there are several pathfinding plugins.

I was wondering which one should I use for the following purpose:

1. diversity.
AI navigating through complex buildings with stairs, bridges etc.

2. usability.
How seamlessly can I toggle the pathfinding system for individual
entities.

3. stability.
Does it support several entities, and how stable does it work.

A more practical example to sum everything up:
An enemy follows you around, you are in an elevator, the enemy follows you by taking the stairs (running towards the nod nearest it's target).

I am not asking for an pathfinding system that is capable of doing so, but rather one that fits the description the best and can be build upon.

Intense X looks interesting, but it is nowhere to be found confused
IntenseX

Thanks in advance :-)
Posted By: 3run

Re: Pathfinding Plugin - 11/07/17 15:39

Hey!

The best pathfinding around here is the one made by Superku. It will will satisfy your needs. As for following player around, in elevators, stairs etc, it's all up to you, how you would create it based on his pathfinding solution. Intense X isn't alive anymore. There is one forum member (Alibaba), he used to work with it's source, you could ask him for help, but I'd rather created my own solution based on Superku's pathfinding.

Greets.

Re: Pathfinding Plugin - 11/07/17 22:16

Thank you for your response!
I don't want to sound noisy but, where can I find the pathfinding system from superku?
Posted By: Superku

Re: Pathfinding Plugin - 11/09/17 07:17

See here: http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=463551#Post463551

That release got a little messy with the debug information coded into it and has/ had a few kinks in it - I should release an updated version at some point - but I'm using it still for my pathfinding, 2D and 3D.

Re: Pathfinding Plugin - 11/09/17 11:59

Thank you Superku!

I played around with it, but couldn't seem to get it work properly.

It is probably do to the paths I construct:

While yours show somehow in every direction (have no idea how to do that)

I set the path and an corresponding reg around it (both with the same name), however the pathfinding entity does not follow the nods at all. It just walks against a wall and gets stuck...

Do you have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Re: Pathfinding Plugin - 11/09/17 18:32

Yeah, that's the horrible part about my pathfinding solution sadly. You need to highlight (hover over) and right-click each single edge, then click "Change Direction" 3 times...
That's why I try to copy old paths over whenever possible and modify them as little as I have to.

A custom in-engine path editor could be a workaround but I'd probably write a navmesh type navigation for my next system.

Re: Pathfinding Plugin - 11/10/17 10:17

I successfully made the path:

However, it still does not workat all:

The AI has been added to the path (path_000) and the path to the regio (reg_000), just like in your example.

I have no idea what is missing.

Re: Pathfinding Plugin - 11/10/17 18:08

Uhm, can you zip and upload that level + code please? Hard to guess what's going wrong.
© 2024 lite-C Forums