Direct x 11 app layer over 3dgs

Posted By: Anonymous

Direct x 11 app layer over 3dgs - 07/26/16 23:56

Can we not move some of the render tasks into a window layer over the engine window that has full access to dx 11++ and can use the hardware?

Can we not use outside apps to run the dx11 missing functions on models and geometry the seen the result back to the engine?

If this a good or worse strategy ?
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: Direct x 11 app layer over 3dgs - 07/27/16 00:44

That will only work if the game is in window mode (fake fullscreen will work) and the PC has aero enabled.
There are quite a few directx overlays existing, but their task is hacking a game rather then adding better performance.
This simply wont work because its nearly impossible to sync the layer with the engine.
The main problem of the engine is that it cant use multi threading for collision, loading levels playing sounds and rendering.
Thats why it slows down so fast.
Also the Lite-C compiled code doesnt look well optimized in my opinion.
Not sure if simply switching the renderer will increase performance by a noticable amount. It would simply ruin the compatibility with the pcs which mainly run our games I guess grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Direct x 11 app layer over 3dgs - 07/27/16 01:57

Yes I see.

What about using and out side app to do deformation foliage collision then talking to the engine with the pre/post changes..? Opens another thread for the work and sends the changes back?

Also
Quote:
The main problem of the engine is that it cant use multi threading for collision, loading levels playing sounds and rendering.
That's why it slows down so fast.

This is because this tech advance but these tasks are still chucked solely on the CPU and the newer based hardware solution absent dx9, correct?
Edit - Change of mixed heart below
Hell... Why are we trying to save this?

I'll learn and teach all users an other engine if the devs want to leave us lost and longing!!!
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Direct x 11 app layer over 3dgs - 07/27/16 11:54

I once wrote some experimental plugin for Gamestudio with DirectX 11. Just put the file besides the script and your game runs with DirectX 11.
Biggest drawback was that i was forced to do some offscreen rendering, then move the DirectX 11 render target to the CPU and back to DirectX 9.
So it was quite slow, also there is no easy way on how to use shaders with the system.

So it would be either slow or really restricted in how to use it.
© 2024 lite-C Forums