IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0

Posted By: oliver2s

IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 10/29/13 22:34

IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0

Download (v1.0):
Currently not available

Licence:
Free to use in non-commercial games with a credit note to "IceX3 Vehicle API". If you want it to use in commercial games, please contact me.

IceX3 Vehicle Engine is a tool to create complex utility vehicles in a WYSIWYG editor. The IceX3 Vehicle Engine comes with 2 parts: the IceX3 Vehicle Editor, where you create your vehicle and the Lite-C script API, for importing your vehicle into your game project. The API provides a bunch of functions yet. In the future more functions will be added.

In "assets" folder, there is a example vehicle, which can be edited with the Editor. In "API\example" folder, there's an example how to use the API. Thanks to user "Harry Potter" for flash light sprite.

Manual:
http://www.stonehill-games.de/downloads/icx3_ved_manual/IceX3_Vehicle_Editor-Manual.htm
*Note: currently only the functions of the API are described in the manual. A manual of the Editor is not available yet.

Features:
  • create complex utility vehicles in a WYSIWYG editor
  • Test your vehicle immediately in the editor in Run Mode
  • Add easily collision boxes to create complex physics shapes
  • add sounds for driving, horn, reverse beep, etc.
  • Add trailers that moves along with the vehicle. Copy them as much as you want by just pressing a copy button.
  • Add complex cranearms. Set keyboard input to cranearm joint for all directions (x, y, z, pan, tilt, roll). Add collision boxes and sounds.
  • Add different cameras. Set type (1st person and 3rd person) and behavior settings.
  • Add different light type: front lights, back lights, brake lights.
  • Add as many wheels as you want. Control speed, torque, springs and steering.
  • Add also exhausts, wipers and attachments.
  • Vehicle physics made with PhysX
  • Easy to use Lite-C script API for importing vehicles to own game projects.

Screenshots:

Posted By: sivan

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 10/30/13 07:59

it looks great! and definitely it is more than an inspiration for users to make great simulators laugh

a question: the manual looks great, do you have a html framework to provide this? I would need a better manual too for my editor...

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 10/30/13 08:29

I just used the 3DGS manual layout.
Posted By: CanadianDavid

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 10/30/13 08:41

If this program does what I think it does that's awesome! I can't wait to try it out.

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/07/13 16:07

Has anyone tested it yet?
Posted By: Superku

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/07/13 18:29

I just gave the editor a try, it's incredibly well done, I'm really surprised!
It seems to be really flexible as well and the API could not be easier to use!

Thank you very much for sharing!

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/07/13 19:39

Thank you for trying.
Posted By: Superku

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/07/13 20:01

Oh and I found a little bug, the scroll bar in the joints->collision box list does not work correctly, clicking the arrows does work, moving the bar itself has no effect though.

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/08/13 02:25

Originally Posted By: Superku
Oh and I found a little bug, the scroll bar in the joints->collision box list does not work correctly, clicking the arrows does work, moving the bar itself has no effect though.

Thanks! Will be fixed in the next version.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/08/13 16:25

Thatīs an awesome tool! Very stable and reliable!
I totally agree with Superku great job!
Posted By: 3run

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/08/13 16:43

I'm getting pretty strange problem.. Editor's window is flickering and doesn't open..
Here are some screens:
Quote:
First:
Second:
Something is strange.. I remember that I could run it first time, and it was awesome.

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/10/13 14:38

Seems like a resolution problem. It might help if you delete the "IceX3" folder in "my documents" folder.
Posted By: 3run

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/10/13 14:50

Yes, that fixed the problem, not I can run it, but still only once, to run it correctly for the second time, I need to delete that folder manually.
Posted By: fogman

Re: IceX3 Vehicle Editor + Lite-C script API v1.0 - 11/10/13 15:43

Maybe a very crude workaround: Write a small batchfile which deletes the folder and starts the editor. wink
© 2024 lite-C Forums