Getting Silo work into Gamestudio

Posted By: willjones

Getting Silo work into Gamestudio - 12/27/11 07:04

Hello, I recently bought Silo 2.2 because I really felt comfortable with its modeling tools. I created a model and texture for it with Silo's UV functionality. My completed model looks good in Silo, but when I try to get it into Gamestudio I have problems with the skins. I tried exporting as an OBJ and importing that but all the texturing is gone. I tried exporting as a DXF and 3DS but these also were missing the textures. I know others use Silo as part of their workflow. So, what is the normal way of getting them into 3dgs MED? Is there a plugin? I get the object imported fine its just the skins that are gone. Is it not possible to use Silo to bring in the skins too? Thanks.
Posted By: Bone

Re: Getting Silo work into Gamestudio - 12/27/11 09:32

Are the textures in the right format for gs?
Have you tried to import the model as obj and then set the texture
to the model in med?
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Getting Silo work into Gamestudio - 12/27/11 14:19

I think Bone is right. First get the model in, then you gotta go in the skin editor and bring the skin in. Make sure the skin is a tga or bmp
Posted By: willjones

Re: Getting Silo work into Gamestudio - 12/27/11 23:16

Thanks guys! My skin was in png format. So, I converted it to bmp. Then I also noticed one other thing. My texture map file was upside down in MED when I tried to add the skin to it there. So, I flipped my BMP saved it and brought it in and this worked. Thanks again.
© 2024 lite-C Forums