Tools by Users for A8 :

Posted By: ratchet

Tools by Users for A8 : - 04/28/10 22:12

Yeah like Torque 3D having some RTS or RPG Kits, i think Conitec should follow that way instead of trying to make templates and putting so much time , nothing before more than one or two years.
And users can put lot more time in them,an they can do lot more better graphics and HUD and all other stuff.

For example in Unity some things are coming :

Unity Roads toolkit

Unity RPG Toolkit

Unity Decal system

Weapon system

Just my advice for A8.

But in A8 like in A7 it's complicated to create easy to incorporate and remove plugins ?
In Unity , i'ev seen some code and it's easy to create a plugin caus you can access Unity interface easily in C# and create new panels and functions on top of default ones.

Posted By: Helghast

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 04/29/10 09:03

Personally I'm working on a RPG Toolkit laugh
Should be done in 2 months time, and has several editors in it.

Other then that I agree conitec should have more toolkit's as well.

regards,
Posted By: FBL

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 04/29/10 10:04

I'm working on a small set of scripts which can be dropped into any code withut having to use complicated tools or anything. Just reference the code folder and use it.
Currently it features following scripts:
- XML parser
- LIST object for dynamically storing objects (pointers) of any type in flexible length lists
- standard camera modes
- inventory script
- interface for system, debug and error messages
- key layout reconfigure module
- state manager
more stuff like animation manager with frame blending will come when I find time to work on it again.

It will be ready right after the release of Duke Nukem Forever.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 04/29/10 10:52

I dont know if new users can use this but i am wrapping/converting headers of libcurl libmysql and zlib for/to lite-c.

Also working on a awesomium wrapper[see here](to use for user interface ). This also allow using flash and javascript for doing stuff asynchronously.(triggering lite-c events by throwing them from js)

Also working on a IK/physics based character animation tool written in lite-c, but that project is at the very begining.

These will also get released after the release Duke Nukem Forever.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 04/29/10 13:22

Originally Posted By: Firoball

- state manager

Any informations on this?
Posted By: FBL

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 04/29/10 20:35

Some rather short documentation...

http://firoball.de/stuff/toolbox_manual/state_8h.html
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 05/02/10 11:29

I'd like a toolkit to create and edit human models without using WED. Something similar to Creature Creator! laugh

Edit: Or Quidam!
Posted By: YellowAfterlife

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 05/02/10 11:41

Originally Posted By: PadMalcom
I'd like a toolkit to create and edit human models without using WED. Something similar to Creature Creator! laugh
Everyone would. But it would throw a number of modellers out of market.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 05/02/10 14:50

Originally Posted By: YellowAfterlife
Originally Posted By: PadMalcom
Everyone would. But it would throw a number of modellers out of market.

What about MakeHuman? I don't use it, but there are other tools probably, too.

BTW, WED? grin
Posted By: Hummel

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 05/02/10 14:59

Makehuman´s results are too highpoly for the most projects
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 05/02/10 17:56

Conitec should also offer some signing-plugin für external tools.
in a way that the copy-protection from the acknex files is usable
for plugins, to verify it is a legal version.
(So that the engine only operates plugins that have been activated
by an extra "key" file)

Its a win-win for both parties then.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 05/02/10 18:10

this is already possible. a plugin can check the user_name engine variable. so you can lock it to a certain user. if i remember correctly it is kind of unsafe though since the string doesn't really seem to be read-only even if the manual says it is. tongue
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 05/23/10 06:16

This is what Conitec SHOULD do. Hire all the people making all these AWESOME gamestudio plugins , like the road one, seed it , the ai one , sphere(if matt's still around) , the ingame editor, ect...(there's others I can't remember), and BUY the plugins from them , then HIRE them to work on them to perfections , then SEAMLESSLY integrate them into Gamestudio , then hire a PROFESSIONAL artist to create the GUI, then HIRE a couple of professional artists to create a good content pack with a decent amount of models,textures,sounds,and music, and lastly add multiplatform support. The last one might be the hardest and most costly and complex, so I would accept a forcast for it , but everything else is the LEAST Conitec can do for gamestudio if it wants to survive in the game engine business. Else , Conitec should just cancel gamestudio , as it looks like some kind of kids program from the windows 3.1 days as soon as you open it up. Get with the times gamestudio , Unity makes Gamestudio look like a completely outdated and obsolete pile of garbage , and in reality , it actually IS when compared to Unity. So , even though there is hope , as all gamestudio has to do is the above suggestions , as the engine itself is good , rather the problem comes with the package as a whole, hopefully this will not fall on def ears as it did with the release of A7.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 05/23/10 11:20

True, unfortunately true...
Posted By: PietroNifosi

Re: Tools by Users for A8 : - 06/03/10 16:57

makehuman generates nearly high poly models that's true, but if you spend some time on the exported mesh.. removing what's unnecessary you can get nice results.
© 2024 lite-C Forums