GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12

Posted By: Zapan@work

GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/05/09 15:06

A new GED-BETA version was uploaded:

GED_2009-06-04.rar

Change-List

You must have installed the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package":
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package

This is the second BETA version of the Realtime Game editor (GED).

For installing a new beta version of GED, make a copy of your Gamestudio folder for backup purposes, and then unpack the betapatch straight into the Gamestudio folder. You need administrator rights for installing GED under Vista.

GED will only run with the latest Gamestudio version (public BETA). Please make also a copy of your wmp/wmb/hmp files before you start editing with GED. You can start GED right out of the Gamestuido folder or with WED (FILE || RUN MAP IN GED).

The German Manual of GED can be found here: http://handbuch.3dgamestudio.net/

GED will generate a Log file named GEDLog.txt in your Gamestudio directory. If you encounter any problems in this beta version please send this file together with your bug report to the following email adress: weinhold@crew51.com

Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/05/09 15:55

Oh my gosh!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!! Oh my gosh....
Thank you! Thank you! Works better than before! smile
Posted By: Quad

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/05/09 16:12

thsnkd for the update,

an update/changelog from the previous version would be nice wink

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/05/09 16:49

I've added a change-list-link to the first post.
Posted By: Blink

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/06/09 15:21

question, this doesnt work with A6 at all? i use A6 commercial.
Posted By: White_Wolf

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/07/09 18:22

Hello,

I new Ged beta, nice. Thank you.

@ Blink

Its only works with A7 Version 7.77.

Bye

White_Wolf
Posted By: croman

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/08/09 14:07

didnt see this topic shocked
looks amazing, i'm only sorry it doesnt work with lite-c free
Posted By: paracharlie

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/09/09 01:08

When I try to load a wmb it says "Please wait, loading into engine, 100%." Stays like that for infinite amount of time until I end task on it. Was able to load two power of 2 hmp's but when I tried to paint textures on it it crashed to desktop. Unable to load anything in WED with it. Had limited success as standalone. Looks like a great program cant wait to use a working edition.
Posted By: Paul_L_Ming

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/09/09 01:19

Hiya.

Problem #1:
Nice, but it hits an endless loop if I try to create a "new scene"...it complains over and over about not being able to open "Empty Scene" or somesuch. had to use Task Manager to kill it. If I open a pre-existing scene, it opens fine. smile

Problem #2:
There are no transform manipulators (either move, rotate or scale)

Problem #3:
The opened scene (see #1), none of the objects in that original scene are selectable. Not even in the 'asset manager' to the right of the screen. This *could* be user error...maybe I need to flip a switch or set some import setting?

Other than that, I'm still *really* looking forward to the final release! smile

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/09/09 10:59

@paracharlie: Can you send us the wmp/wmb file via email (weinhold@crew51.com), or upload it on a ftp Server?

@Paul_L_Ming:
Problem #1: Can you exactly discribe what you're doing (step by step)? Have you installed everything correctly?
Problem #2: I don't know what you mean with this.
Problem #3: Here we need also your wmp/wmb file: weinhold@crew51.com/ftp upload

Please check that you're using the Engine Version V7.78b beta/released. Older engine Versions won't work with GED!

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/09/09 18:25

Hiya.

#1: Open GED. Select "New Project" button. ...endless loop about window saying "GED Loads and empty level..." and a window attempting to show a progress meter. Everything is installed correctly (x86 and x32 VC++ redist, GED is in my main A7 folder (which is: F:\A7_Engine).

#2 & #3: Here's some screen shots...

This first one shows that, when I import a pre-existing level, the objects selected (floor is a block, chess piece is a mdl), I can not select them.

http://myimgs.net/images/admi.jpg

This second one shows an imported house model...and note there is no transformation manipulator

http://myimgs.net/images/zgdr.jpg

Hope that helps! smile

Posted By: Quad

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/09/09 19:10

@Paul_L_Ming

none of these problems occur on my side.

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/10/09 14:04

Can you send us the wmp/wmb/mdl, GED_log.txt (located in the Gamestudio Folder) files? Can you also tell us the Version-Numbers which are displayed in your WED/About?

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/11/09 00:34

Hiya.

Can't send the model (3rd party), but the model doesn't matter. Any model imported/added behaves the same. I use a simple "ball.mdl" for my player when testing stuff, so I added that to test...same result.

WED/About = Gamestudio Commercial 7.77 / WED V6.896
GED/About = GED 0.12 / Gamestudio 7.77 Comm

I created a 'blank' level in WED (nothing in it) and opened it in GED. While in GED I imported a model (the "ball.mdl") I talked about; no textures on it or anything...just s simple ball mesh). I can select the mesh, but no transform tools. Anyway, here's the .wmb + ball.mdl...actualy, here's a .zip of the whole folder just in case there's something helpful in there (oh, the GEDLog.txt is in the 'main' folder...can't miss it):

(It's a tad large at 3.7MB, but shouldn't take too long)
http://uploading.com/files/IR26KDA6/BlankTestFolder.zip.html

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/12/09 15:23

Hey Paul,

After a short look at your GEDLog the error reason is quite clear. You start GED.exe from the folder F:\A7_x64, but GED can not find the folder F:\A7_x64\GED (or any file in it - like the widgets or the core-INI file).

So please go through the following checklist to solve the problem
1) Check if the folder F:\A7_x64\GED exists
 - if not, please reinstall GED into this folder
2) If it exists, please check if the GED folder has a size of 373.374 bytes
3) If the size is correct please check if you have read/write access to the complete folder
4) If you have read/write access please check if the problems are solved when starting GED with administrator rights (rightclick -> start as admin)
5) if non of the above points help, please give us all information about your computer system you have (especially: do you have a 32 or 64 bit operating system?).

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/13/09 02:36

Hiya.

I did another reinstall...now it's working MUCH better. smile I'm using XP-64, and the only thing I've found is every now and then the program kinda 'hangs' for a second or two...usually when moving the camera around or moving an object. I've only checked to see if it works (maybe 3 minutes of playing), so when I get a chance in a few days I'll do a bit more wandering around in it. smile

Thanks for your help!
Posted By: Masterchief_JB

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/15/09 13:19

By the way I have a little question about GED. Is it or will it be able to import FBX files?
Posted By: ratchet

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/16/09 10:04

What GED would need :
In the panel object properties : (perhaps create some others tabbed panels ?)
- possiblity to change textures (diffuse,normal map etc...)
and choose for example 3 textures if the shader uses 3
- possibility to change the shader form a list
- Possibilitie for animated model : to name animations
and define their range (walk : 1-20)
- import Blender Files (GED could in intern do the
conversion in FBX format ?)

Just to avoid using MED smile
Posted By: c3s

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/16/09 13:14

wish list for GED: Beside those listed above Number 1 Would like to see it available for lite C. it would open it up to much more user were it can be really put to the test on many different type system configuration to get all the bug out quicker.
Posted By: LordMoggy

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/19/09 09:44

I have not played with ged much maybe i should. But it is only in early stages, so i am not sure about this editor.
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/21/09 08:19

It will be the official editor(option), so....., this is a good thing.

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 06/23/09 00:20

Some things hardly needed :

Instead of changing values by entering them , is it not possible to have some invisible slider in the field ?

Like in Blender , when you keep pressed mouse in a name field
and drag left or right , the values increases or decreases
: lot of Modelers , editors have that simple feature !
Perhaps GED uses old interface not having that implemented ??

For object properties :
-A list box with the list of standard shaders
-4 slots to put 4 textures for the model and it's shader

It is planned to attach actions to models also from GED ?
And possibility to edit script from GED (it would open SED directly) ?
Also implement map properties panel with sun , ambient could it be possible ?

Well , GED is really great , i can't go back to WED, but we must caus of script frown

Keep up leveling it up smile

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/02/09 15:49

what is the word on this....any new news? Very curious.
Posted By: Carlos3DGS

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/02/09 20:47

Quote:
Please check that you're using the Engine Version V7.78b beta/released. Older engine Versions won't work with GED!

The latest gamestudio version I can find is the current 7.77
Mabe this is easy and I just overlooked it... But I cant find the beta versions anywhere in the forums or on the downloads page.
Is the beta public or is it closed beta? If it is public, could someone link me to where I can find it?
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/05/09 13:11

THe gamestudio Betas are only for PRO users, so we'll have to wait(unless you have a Pro version wink )

Greets
Rackscha
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/05/09 15:17

If thats the case, then wouldnt it be more SENSIBLE to make the [GED-Public BETA Test thread]
only contain GED updates that require PUBLIC Beta A7 revisions?

Or at least CLEARLY state that 'this' GED update is for "closed" beta testers only...

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/05/09 15:54

Public Betas are Pro Versions as far as I know. You only are limited by time or your licensed version.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/05/09 18:35

No public betas are very much not, i have comm and am using the public beta, private betas are for pro users or users that conitec has approved to use them.
heres the public beta, I believe its 7.77:

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=263522#Post263522

EDIT: oh, looks like its released already. I guess 7.78 isnt public beta yet.

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/05/09 22:02

Hmm, well you learn something new every day I guess....Seems to me the beta's should be full blown versions to me...makes more sense from a testing standpoint.
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/07/09 09:11

A new Featurerequest: The normal magnet tool combined with perlin noise. I've seen that in a video of the far cry 2 editor. You create a mountain and at the same time the mountain get's a natural look because of the perlin noise distortion. => the perlin noise is not used on the whole terrain but only on the place where you do something with this magnet-noise tool.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Additionally a vegetation tool would be cool. It's like painting on the terrain, but instead of color, random plants are placed.

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/09/09 17:53

far cry 2 editor.
Wezll let's have fisrt basic needed things before asking Crysis , Far Cry or Unreal 3 features like crazy

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/10/09 09:28

These two features won't be hard to implement. The perlin noise is already implemented (but not the way I asked for) and multicreation of entities shouldn't be too hard either wink
Posted By: Slin

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/10/09 09:40

Originally Posted By: Dark_samurai
multicreation of entities shouldn't be too hard either wink

It is already there and works very well...

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/10/09 09:54

Quote:
Additionally a vegetation tool would be cool. It's like painting on the terrain, but instead of color, random plants are placed.

This was ment with "multicreation". I would implement something like this with another internal skin for the terrain. Everywhere the skin has a color, a random mix of trees grass etc. is placed. Of course this could be extended with a algorithm that takes care of where the beginning of the forest is, and placed smaller trees there.
Additionally you could add different colors, red means mix1, green means mix2, etc.
The skin could be invisible and only used for internal purpose, but of course it also could be visible for the user. I would call it some kind of vegetation map then.

I know that these features are not the most important features at the moment, I just want to share some ideas.
Posted By: Espér

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/12/09 13:58

i´m waiting for a non-beta version ^^
This can be really useful for my Rpg..
Posted By: MCKiller

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/12/09 16:56

Is it possible to create Plugins for GED?

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/12/09 19:38

No currently not. But I already asked for such a feature.
Posted By: Jaeger

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/19/09 21:27

Is there are feature list for this anywhere? I can't find one, so I have no idea what this even does.

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/20/09 03:04

it is an in engine level editor.

this is not a feature list, but there is a screenshot
http://manual.3dgamestudio.net/forecast.htm

here there is a chapter on GED
http://www.conitec.net/beta/
Posted By: Jaeger

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/20/09 23:59

Thanks nowherebrain,

I DID see this, heheh. smile

I hope my request for the spline, bulldozer, and other terrain manipulation tools will be taken up. That would be too awesome to describe. GED would be sooo 1337 and über, lol.

I am wondering when the "official" stable release is projected for though. Any idea?
Posted By: Sputnicker

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/24/09 00:21

Here it is not working... I doubleclick the icon, but nothing happens and no process in ctrl alt del...
Posted By: Storm_Mortis

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/24/09 17:18

Its not working for me as well.

Im working on my Notebook at the moment, so maybe its up to this...
but it should work on every machine, right^^

if i start the app, it starts fine and i chose my level to load.
then it starts loading the level and the level flash up for a second.
but after this it says "loading level in engine" or similar, then nothin happens.
after 1 hour i shut it down by task manager...
(i tryed it 4 times)

i dont know whats the reason for this but i thought you should konw the problem.

my, notebook uses a 2.8Gh processor and 512MB ram is this to slow for GED?

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/25/09 13:21

does your level run otherwise(outside of GED)?

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 07/28/09 08:07

NVM, it closes on me at engine startup....I wonder if it is time based.

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 08/12/09 16:39

I spend most of my time watching: Please wait, Level loading 100% and the rest of my time ending process. I havent found a .wmb file that works with GED yet and I have used alot of them. Sorry man, something is busted.
Posted By: TechMuc

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 08/12/09 21:23

100% loading progress for a very long time typically refers to an engine-startup error. Please upload the GEDlog.txt&acklog.txt and update your engine versions (as with new engine versions, GED should automatically recognize the error).

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 08/13/09 02:42

I have commercial version 7.8. If I had an engine start up error wouldnt I also have problems with running anything else? Even publishing? Which I dont.

FIXED-- I uninstalled 7.8 and reinstalled, everything works fine now. This is the first time I've been able to use it and its everything I was hoping it would be nice work!

Posted By: Meerkat

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 08/28/09 17:39

Also der GED gefällt mir schonmal gut. Wenn jetzt nur noch Blöcke + Lichter setzen ginge dann währ ich happy. grin
Posted By: boyax

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/02/09 17:57

Do you have manual available in english? I've just updated to A7.80 and I want to I'll try GED. Don't know where to start..?!?

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/02/09 19:24

http://www.conitec.net/beta/GED.htm
Posted By: Meerkat

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/03/09 06:39

Does anyone know if will be one day added for GED to create lights in it? That will be very usefull. wink

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/03/09 08:14

I'm sure that this is planned for a future version.

You could also try to write an action for the dynamic lights and use skills to set them up.
Posted By: boyax

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/04/09 04:56

I've tried the GED...but it gives me a hang-up... loading 100% but there's nothing happen..

I just click GED.exe then open the .wmb file.
I'm using A7.80 Pro.

Any advise?
Posted By: Tracker

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/11/09 17:53

I have the same problem with GED 0.12 in Gamestudio A7.77 and A7.80 Com.

When I try to load any level in GED 0.12, I get the following message;
'Please wait... Loading Level in Engine. 100%'
For a second I see the level on the left, but the GED window is frozen.
The only way to terminate GED 0.12 is to close it with the Windows Task Manager.

For information: GED 0.11 works on my PC, but not GED 0.12.
My system: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2,4 GHz, NVidia GeForce 8600 GT, Windows XP Prof. SP3

GED is a very interesting tool and I would like to use it.

Is there already a solution for the problem that GED hangs after loading any level?
Posted By: Alan

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/21/09 09:19

Hi,

very interesting tool. But how do I assign an action to a terrain entity? Because I loaded a terrain which is supposed to use the terraintex3_fx standard shader, but GED keeps telling me over and over again (every time I select the terrain) that I should use the standard shader. I click "OK" but next time I select the terrain, it starts all over again.

Greets,

Alan
Posted By: Widi

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/21/09 09:28

Have the same problem as Alan, i use the Terrainshader from Loopix...
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/21/09 14:04

Originally Posted By: Widi
Have the same problem as Alan, i use the Terrainshader from Loopix...
Yeah, i also noticed that. Super annoying bug.
Posted By: Blackchuck

Re: GED-Public BETA Test - version 0.12 - 09/21/09 14:20

I can`t start it, it sayes;

ent_getvertex not found in acknex.dll
© 2024 lite-C Forums