Example of bad design :

Posted By: ratchet

Example of bad design : - 10/07/11 20:01

Ok it's on mobile, ok it's on another 3D engine (Shiva 3D),
i just wanted to show what is the real bad design :
- Textures have different contrast/luminosity like they wasn't in the same level
- No work on texture, they are taken brute and copy/paste like that, sometimes too much scaled up
- The HUD is not really worked, just some yellow things that would i think be better with a 3D effect like Rendered on a modeler instead of simple shapes.

Game Design

Well things to avoid !

Let's hope A8, or A9 to come quickly with some Iphone engine.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Example of bad design : - 10/07/11 21:54

Well, he's a programmer, so it may be bad design, but definitely not a bad development approach.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Example of bad design : - 10/08/11 00:19

ive seen n64 and ps games that look worse. overall if he is just a programmer i'd say thats not too bad laugh
Posted By: Joey

Re: Example of bad design : - 10/08/11 03:33

So on their boards one is a "senior boarder" already with 52 posts? o.O

And I have to agree, it is not top notch but I think it does have some consistency.
Posted By: nomis23uk

Re: Example of bad design : - 10/09/11 20:50

in terms of 'Games Design' I would say its a top job. he/she has proberly planned this out or worked on it from start to finish and they have ended up with a working title....

yes ok it might not be the best game graphically however if the title works without bugs who cares?

However, Yes somone does care if they are selling the title it does need polishing.

overall though nice job.

I dont even have a fully working title yet and neither do alot of members on here. even if its using a different engine or not.

The concepts are very much alike depsite what engine you use. (design, planning, etc)
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Example of bad design : - 10/16/11 13:30

I rhink it's like in Forza 4 game the evoltuion of ligtening is fantastic : Less Falshy colors , better uniform luminosity and contrast between textures.
Colors seems to be lighter, less loud in terms of strongness :

Lightening evolution (Forza game)
© 2024 lite-C Forums