WII play :

Posted By: TheExpert

WII play : - 08/05/07 12:31

I heard WII, but was not convinced by graphics so i haven't tried it...
And a friend said to me : Just try the WII , he lended it to me.

I have played a LOT LOT WII Sports.
and despite simple graphics the gameplay is outstanding , it changes totally the way you play , and bring an immersion far away from gamepad or
mouse/keyboard.
And doing moves standing up like in reality, make you play more naturally and
more efficiently.

for example the tennis game is great, after one hour i felt i begun to master it lot more than first 20 minutes.
you have to do the mode at the right time : incredibly far from pressing the button at the right moment
And you can do different moves.

Boxing game is also incredibly great even if not perfect.

It's real entertainment , after playing two hours it was like i had played real tennis , no running or weight of a real tennis , but standing in front of my TV doing moves, was awesome
Well ... after two hours i felt , diffently form playing games with mouse/keyborad or joypad,
i felt very happy and satisfied like having played a real tennis match : no war or people to kill, only pleasure of tennis gesture
one word : TRY IT !

I played also Red Steel , for a fisrt game , very very immersive ,
the fact to orient the controller like the gun is too too good, and with the nunchak controller and it's very ergonomic two buttons to jump, crouch it's not comparabme to mouse/keyboard that are lot lot less natural !

It's not a perfect game, like visor that would be more accurate/reworked, but once you get in , it's total pleasure.
I just hope they will make a sequel with reworked visor accuracy/system.

Well i hope future gaming will go this way of immersion, Nintendo has done
a incredible First step to the right direction of real entertainment.

Hope some Microsoft and Sony will bring similar devices to play FPS or others games lot lot more naturally that bring a big step forward in immersion.
Posted By: Samb

Re: WII play : - 08/05/07 13:21

first, please wirte "Wii" not "WII".
"Wii" = offical name and then I would known what you are talking about, from the beginning
and second: yes, Wii=the best.
nintendo is always the one who takes the biggest steps, and FINALLY, everybody knows that.
yes, sony tried to steal the motion controlling, but its nothing against the functions of the Wiimote

also, Wii sports is fun, but even real games are "better than ever". like zelda or sonic.
it feels so damn good to rush the wiimote forward for a dash in sonic and just swing the wiimote for a sword slash in zelda.
other games like excite truck are cool too. easy to play and more fun as with a normal gamepad.
the graphics are ok. sonic looks incredible good. excite truck got an enourmes range of sight.
mario galaxy ist just beautiful and metroid prime 3 got everything right in graphics and control.

If the Wii would have the power of the xbox360, it would blow away every other gaming system in history. but for a "last gen graphics but new gen control"-console, it sells so damn well, that nintendo will become in the next months the new market leader.

Re: WII play : - 08/05/07 14:10

Have you tried Wii sports also ?
caus excite truck or sonic seem limited in terms of motion gameplay ?

Re: WII play : - 08/05/07 14:28

of course, I got my wii since the launch and wii sports comes with the console

and no, not "very" limited. wii sports is limited too, but it got more games in one.
but in sonic, for example, you tilt the remote to move left and right, press the 2 button for jump, press the one button to slow down, flip the wiimote to the back to run backwards, move it quickly forward, while sonic is in the air, for a dash, shake the wiimote just before the countdown hits 1 to do a speed dash etc.
oh and to fly in a flying pot you have to pull the wiimote quickly up and down and while that, you can tilt it to move the pot etc.

just the first hour of the game is very fruststrating. sonic have to level up before he can do ANYTHING... he can't run, he can't jump... he is so useless in the first hour
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: WII play : - 08/05/07 14:31

looks like the wii might have turned our communities most cynical resident into a puppy loving baby hugger....

ahhhh

lol, im just playing, but yeah the wii is pretty fun but it loses my attention really quick.... dont know why.

Re: WII play : - 08/05/07 16:05

Well in fact Wii sport , in particular tennis asks for lot fo time to really master all you can do.

doing moves (like real ones) to control games is really more immersive.

SSX snowborad on wii asks alos lot lot of practice , it's more for hard core gamers than you can think, not for all people (also read ign.com review on it)

well , i wait for arcade games and special ones and i'll see if Wii is a good
system that deserves to be baught :
- Metroid that will use the controllers in the best way
- Mario Galaxy
- Dragon Quest Swords (pure action sword)
- No more heroes (killer seven style) : i'm dying to play that original one !!
- Samourai Warriors : Katana

in fact i hope to see lot more real action games like old arcade shooters were you just shoot at arriving targets , that so fun.
And with some originality and why not new moves, or pure exploration phases
mixed int it ?

Just quik to pick up game, play a good hour of big FUN, it'w what i'm aiting from WII gammes !!

Caus for Visual eye games that's 360 that will win and PC (Crysis,
Call Of Duty 4 , Soul Calibur 4 , Too Human ...)

Some sensors on 360 would really be top notch !
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: WII play : - 08/07/07 06:57

Well, someone did port the WiiMote to 3DGS...

You can find examples on YouTube
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: WII play : - 08/07/07 20:14

You can test the game with Wiimote here:

Four Little Warriors - new version released
Posted By: FBL

Re: WII play : - 08/08/07 21:43

I have some ready to go code for Lite-C/A7. I haven't tested it completely yet, and there is no sample game I can include.
But I think I'll soon offer DLL + Lite-C-Code to the public. Maybe some more people will start developing with Wiimote + Acknex.

Re: WII play : - 08/09/07 21:00

A fun and good arcade game like the incoming Dragon quest Swords would be gread on 3DGS
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: WII play : - 08/11/07 00:52

Quote:

I have played a LOT LOT WII Sports.
and despite simple graphics the gameplay is outstanding , it changes totally the way you play , and bring an immersion far away from gamepad or
mouse/keyboard.
And doing moves standing up like in reality, make you play more naturally and
more efficiently.

..that might be the idea but certainly not the impression I got. Golf and Bowling have a very natural feel. The other games however have a learning curve that is no different from what you would have with a regular controller.

And since this is Gameplay & Game Design I would like to point out "Super Paper Mario" for the Wii, which is just amazing IMO. Being able to see the same level in different ways has become more popular in games, but I have never seen it so well integrated into the gameplay.
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: WII play : - 08/16/07 12:01

I just got my Wii and I have to say Wii Sports, Zelda and Resident Evil 4 are great. Especially Resident Evil 4.
Gives a whole new sense of immersion
Posted By: Doof_Guy

Re: WII play : - 09/10/07 23:26

I got a wii too and the Zelda game is awesome (I am a big fan of Zelda games), Calll of Duty 3 is pretty cool too(liked it better than Red Steel) and Wii sports is always good. I've played Excite Truck at a friends house and thats pretty awesome. So ya, I think the Wii is definatly worth the $250 bucks you pay for it. BUT GET ZELDA IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Re: WII play : - 09/12/07 00:01

today i got a wii component cable and the game eledees (in america "elebits").
now i just need to get my wii back from my friend
oh, and I need to buy resident evil 4, paper mario next friday, mario strikers and next month metroid prime... so much money...
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: WII play : - 09/12/07 00:54

i already bought metroid prime 3.. will be deliverd to my door on octoebr 26th, wich is fine because thats our indipendance day, and eveything is closed here^^

i love my wii. i reccomend everyone to play excite truck, resident evil and especially rayman raving rabbits...

thos rabbits sure know how to party^^
Posted By: HeelX

Re: WII play : - 09/12/07 05:27

Quote:

mario strikers

Buy the gamecube title instead and play it on the Wii. I think the new strikers title is messed up for the sake of the controller for various reasons. I cannot recommend it, but test it yourself.

Re: WII play : - 09/16/07 22:59

ok, since yesterday, I got my wii back
elebits/eledees = just awesome. only the framerate problems are annoying, but thats because of bad programming. I mean sometimes you're looking from one corner into the room and throw all object trough the room. no framerate problem.
now, you're looking into a nearly empty floor, framerate problem.. yes, programming problem

I also got resident evil 4 yesterday (I already got the gamecube version) and HOLY [censored]! the controls are just awesome. now you can easily shoot the dynamite in the hands of the enemys etc.
just amazing!

will get super paper mario in some weeks and of course next month metroid prime 3
and then, after MP3 mario galaxy. I'm so happy to own a wii

Re: WII play : - 09/16/07 23:15

Yeah indeed , the WII is top notch for some games

A japanese box game is in the makings , i hope it will be as coll and perhaps more deep than the one in WII sports (that is already outstanding).

I fiund FPS games with great control, but a bit annoying is when you turn camera with the visor ... not very very good
but once you get it , it's ok , but far precise from a mouse :
turning directly and precisly the gun to an ennemy above you for example, is not as fast and precise as a mouse, perhaps they will improve that ?

But i like a lot WII sports indeed
Waiting for mario galaxy also and Metroid 3.

WII is not Next Gen : no Soul Calibur 4, Call Of Duty 4 , Bioshock etc ...
Nintendo targets new experiences , fun , gameplay, hope more third parties
will bring great original games.
Posted By: Neuro

Re: WII play : - 10/04/07 15:45

Quote:

turning directly and precisly the gun to an ennemy above you for example, is not as fast and precise as a mouse, perhaps they will improve that ?

Try out Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption when you get a chance. Best use of controls for FPS game on any console. Smooth and very precise. Only gripes i had was that it did do a full 180 turn kinda slow...

Quote:

Nintendo targets new experiences , fun , gameplay, hope more third parties
will bring great original games.

Unfortunately, they're also allowing lesser quality stuff to slip in through the cracks also. Which is why theres only a small handfull of quality Wii titles available. Granted its only been a little less than a year, but expect to see more crap titles showing up on the Wii along the way...
Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: WII play : - 10/06/07 00:28

2 Weeks ago i player Super Mario Party (fu** dont know the Number ), this was Funny, i plaed it with my sister and a Friend.
Wii Sports is really great, but if u have played Baseball too muhc uve become (mhh dont know the English word for "Muskelkater").
I think the Wii is a Fun Console, but to mess up with other like XBox360 or PS3, ill give it the third Rank...

cYa Sebastian
Posted By: Helghast

Re: WII play : - 10/06/07 09:55

Quote:

2 Weeks ago i player Super Mario Party (fu** dont know the Number ), this was Funny, i plaed it with my sister and a Friend.
Wii Sports is really great, but if u have played Baseball too muhc uve become (mhh dont know the English word for "Muskelkater").
I think the Wii is a Fun Console, but to mess up with other like XBox360 or PS3, ill give it the third Rank...

cYa Sebastian

mario party 8 is the newest on wii
Posted By: cro_games

Re: WII play : - 10/06/07 14:14

Wii is the coolest console ever!
Nintendo rule!!!

Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: WII play : - 10/09/07 10:05

Quote:

This is only true for hardcore-gamers. But if you play in the living room with the entire family then the PS3 has no chance at the moment. Because of that the Wii sells much better than PS3 or XBOX360 at the moment.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: WII play : - 10/09/07 10:22

i played the demo rub-a-dub-duck or something like that on my ps3 today and it reminded me of Wii, because it basically revolved around the sixaxis-motion-stuff. heaps of fun though. and it has insane water physics and really good graphics that you wouldn't see on a Wii.

that game to me is somewhat analogous to the Wii -- i'm not getting one because despite the simple and involving fun, the novelty wears off faster than i'd like. and at the moment i'm somewhere between a casual gamer and hardcore gamer -- i haven't sat down and played a game for more than half an hour in months because i'm too busy.

julz

Re: WII play : - 10/09/07 15:43

@julzmighty
welcome in the world of "not knowing everything"
Wii is MUCH more than "six axis motion sensoring".
its the way you hold it, its the pointer to point on the screen, its the small amount of buttons and the many uses of the wiimote.
and that duck minigame for the PS3 IS a mini game for the PS3
you can't say "oh, that duck game was fun but got boring after a while, I will never play excite truck or wii sports on the wii, because it must get boring like that duck game".
no no no no, sir. if you wanna talk about the wii than you have to player the wii

Re: WII play : - 10/10/07 00:19

Quote:

@julzmighty
welcome in the world of "not knowing everything"
Wii is MUCH more than "six axis motion sensoring".
its the way you hold it, its the pointer to point on the screen, its the small amount of buttons and the many uses of the wiimote.
and that duck minigame for the PS3 IS a mini game for the PS3
you can't say "oh, that duck game was fun but got boring after a while, I will never play excite truck or wii sports on the wii, because it must get boring like that duck game".
no no no no, sir. if you wanna talk about the wii than you have to player the wii

lol as much as you're right about all those things, i already knew them. and i have played the wii. borrowed one from a friend for a while. played them at friend's houses.

i was firstly just pointing out that the duck minigame for the PS3 has a style and atmosphere that is usually associated with the wii -- it's cute, cartoony, simple to control, and fun (though it seems i didn't actually say that... bugger.)

i haven't played excite truck, though. and i would like to. my brother's considering buying a wii when super smash bros brawl comes out, depending on how well it lives up to the series' reputation. if he does, i'll probably chip in with him, coz it wouldn't cost much and there are lots of fun things on the wii.

i didn't intentionally imply that the wii is just six-axis-motion-sensoring -- that's a description of the PS3's motion-sensing capabilities.

perhaps when i get the opportunity to play some much more in-depth games that make the wiimote absolutely necessary, i'll change my mind. but at the moment i still prefer PS3. -- btw, i'm not saying those in-depth games aren't there, but i haven't played them yet. except i did get to play zelda, which was fun, but for me wasn't a console-seller.

btw, i'll admit that i'm a bit of a graphics-nut. i hated KOTOR 1 and 2 simply because of their bad presentation and shotty cutscenes, while good graphics and atmosphere and physics can bump up a game's score in my mind quite a lot. and since my brothers chipped in with me to buy the PS3, the price wasn't worth worrying about, and the hardware-advantage means a lot more to me than it would to a casual gamer, and perhaps to quite a few hardcore gamers.

julz

Re: WII play : - 10/10/07 04:16

well, the wii got a graphic problem. it's not really the hardware. more the third party support. nearly all nintendo games got some eye candy but the third parties just bring the old PS2 software with wii controls on the wii...
if you look at games like super mario galaxy,smash bros,metroid prime 3 and others, you can see games with nice design and good looking graphics.
the only two games, I know, wich got good graphics are "sonic and the secret rings" and "resident evil 4".
any other game was just gamecube level. I really hope that mario and metroid will lift the middleclass graphiclevel for wii.

but yes, you really need to play the right games. zelda isn't a game for everyone. if you like arcade racer you will totally love excite truck hope that game will do it for ya'

and don't worry about smash bros. it will be the same as for smash bros melee: best multiplayer game for the whole generation.

Re: WII play : - 10/10/07 04:32

Quote:

if you like arcade racer...

indeed i do!
Quote:

nearly all nintendo games got some eye candy but the third parties just bring the old PS2 software with wii controls on the wii...

too true.

well, when smash bros is out i'll probably get both. and a wii of course. that's a serious + for the wii: the price.

one problem is that none of my close mates have a wii. one's brother did, but he sold it after he finished zelda. oh wait, one of my mates does, but he usually plays 360. i gotta say though, he doesn't have the greatest taste in games.

julz

Re: WII play : - 10/10/07 16:16

Even Nintendo's games look "old" (does not necessarily mean bad).
This applies to MArio Galaxy, Metroid, and several others as well.
The Wii hardware itself is pretty much last-gen and when looking at graphics you see that pretty fast. Luckily graphics are not everything...

Re: WII play : - 10/11/07 00:19

of course they look "old".
but they don't underuse the hardware power of the wii.
I mean WTF is this?

yes, some crappy PS2 port

and now mario:

I bet the mario-figure alone uses more polys than a whole ninjabread man level

Re: WII play : - 10/11/07 10:16

Compare the Wii version of BASS fishing with the old Dreamcast game. You'll notice that the differences are very small... this means either game studios are only doing quick and cheap ports, or Wii hardware is not all that much better....

Re: WII play : - 10/11/07 23:16

Quote:

this means either game studios are only doing quick and cheap ports, or Wii hardware is not all that much better....

it's the former, and a little bit of the latter. wii hardware is supposed to be at least a fair bit better than the original xbox, and the original xbox shat on its competition in terms of hardware capabilities.

i wouldn't say it's next gen, but for example the boost in shader support sets it well-apart from the non-xbox last generation consoles. mario galaxy looks great, and it's mostly thanks to groovy shader effects. though, as samb said, there's definitely a step-up in on-screen polies.

julz

Re: WII play : - 10/11/07 23:49

Quote:

this means either game studios are only doing quick and cheap ports, or Wii hardware is not all that much better....

Well Metroid Pime 3 shows what the Wii can do - even though it's still not even pushing its graphics capabilities. Most of the other Wii games are litterally....just cheap ports that the devlopers tacked on Wii controls to.

It looks good, but i'm very sure the Wii is quite capable of a lot more.

Re: WII play : - 10/12/07 05:58

it looks good, but not next gen...

Re: WII play : - 10/12/07 09:20

Quote:

it looks good, but not next gen...

So if it looks good, where is the point?

Re: WII play : - 10/12/07 10:01

it could look better if Wii had better hardware.

Re: WII play : - 10/14/07 12:19

The problem with WII, is that have not brought some two essentials shaders:
-Normal mapping
-specular mapping (or i haven't seen any game using it ?)

it has water, some mirror,some light effects , but not these ones.

And the normal mapping combined with specular that's what can show
more real weapons metal or anything else.
-the specular make metal shine depending on the direction, can be used for lot of other things (floor etc ..)
-normal just make textures no more flat , now you have depth in them like floor
in some games or make objects/characters look incredibly detailled and not flat.

That's too shaders are really essential today and Nintendo prefered low CPU/GPU
instead of boost them , and erhaps put the price somewhat more up.
Lot of WII games today , are not that great and look like last PS2 and
a lot very far from quality of God Of War 2 on PS2

We know that only Nintendo games will save the console , and that's why some of us have baught it :
Zelda,MArio Kart,Mario Galaxy,Metroid.

i wait also fun simple arcade(somwhat cool retro gaming) like gun shoothing :
Links crossbow, Dragon Quest Swords ...

and an original one :
no more heroes (i liked Killer 7 totally original)

Re: WII play : - 10/16/07 00:45

Quote:

The problem with WII, is that have not brought some two essentials shaders:
-Normal mapping
-specular mapping (or i haven't seen any game using it ?)

lol
mario galaxy got both

(I hope 4players allows direct linking)
oh, twilight princess got normal mapping too!

mario galaxy use everykind of effect, render to texture, fur,spec and normal mapping,environment mapping etc.

its just harder to programm without direct X

@firoball
is that compare of the fishing game a joke?
its like ninja bread man is the best wii can do because they don't enhance the graphics

naaah it's jsut quick money.

Re: WII play : - 10/16/07 09:11

Calling Twilight Princess Nextgen is a joke.

Play it apn a HDTV and you know why it is clearly *NOT* next gen. I was even shocked on my small tv about the blurry graphics.

The game is good though, but graphics. No, not anywhere near next gen.

Please, take off your Nintendo glasses and try some other consoles as well to see what really is next gen.
Wii is fine and fun to play - but no. It is not next gen - at least not what you'd expect from next gen.

Re: WII play : - 10/16/07 15:22

@firoball
I played the "next gen" consoles, but I don't like the games. the only reason I would buy a nextgen console was sonic. well the nextgen sonic is total bullshit, so I got no reason to buy a nextgen console.

I know wii isn't a nextgen graphic console. I never said that. ALSO twilight princess isn't even on the Wii graphic level, 'cause it's a gamecube game. and with a component cable you won't see anything blurred.
you just can't say "twilight princess got bad graphics". also, you can't say mario galaxy got bad graphics. ofcourse, the models aren't made of thousands of polys and hundreds of shadereffects, but they don't look bad.
I don't buy a console game for 69€, just because it's "next gen". and I don't buy a console for games like gears of war or halo3. no, I just want to play games that are fun. and mario galaxy looks like alot of fun. I can live without next gen graphics. and my money pocket thanks me for that

Re: WII play : - 10/16/07 17:32

This is a matter of taste - but your taste does not define what's next gen and what's not.

I was so shocked with Zelda because a week before I had dug out an old Dreamcast and connected it via RGB... the graphics where sharper (not more polygons, most likely not more fps... but sharper) than Wii with RGB... it was disappointing, really.

And no, I'm not a graphic nerd, even if I may sound so.

Re: WII play : - 10/16/07 22:24

Zelda TP is definately not "next-gen" quality graphics since its basically running off of Game Cubes abilities. But I personally think Metroid Prime 3 - even though its not even pushing the Wii's graphics capabilities - is a step closer to being "next-gen" for any Wii game. The pics and video clips we see online do it no justice. I didn't think it looked that great either until I actually played it first hand..

Re: WII play : - 10/17/07 07:32

btw, what comes after next-gen? Think about it! The whole "thing" is, actually, stupid.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: WII play : - 10/17/07 13:03

Quote:

btw, what comes after next-gen? Think about it! The whole "thing" is, actually, stupid.

triple next-gen?

Most techniques described as "next gen" already are present-gen or even last-gen. New technologies are in the making like id-Software are doing. But using a shader well known from old games like Doom3 is not next-gen anymore. Doom3 is from August 2004. This is over 3 years old

Re: WII play : - 10/17/07 14:50

Quote:

When the next generation is annoucned or after some time has passed, the former next generation becomes the current generation. It's that easy.

Consoles allow talking of "generations" (while I think this is not so easy with game engines - different topic).

Usually all 4 or 5 years (lifespan tends to recude more and more with each new generation) a new clearly defined (hardware upgrades are the exception, the console package usually is fixed pretty much and stays like this for the lifespan) generation is introduced, so there is a somewhat clear pattern.
Saying this, I don't count redesigns (DS Lite) or feature slimming (PS3) a new generation.
Posted By: Doug

Re: WII play : - 10/17/07 17:55

Quote:

Our local IGDA had a panel on "What is Next-Gen?". The conclusion, its marketing hype.

Re: WII play : - 10/17/07 19:10

Quote:

When the next generation is annoucned or after some time has passed, the former next generation becomes the current generation. It's that easy.

Yeah, but they never actually used that term "next-gen" before until referencing the Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii to an extent. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think the previous gen consoles were every referred to as "next-gen".

Re: WII play : - 10/18/07 00:01

well, the people say that Wii isn't next gen but "new gen", cause the console doesn't goes the same way like PS3 and Xbox360.
I even don't think that nintendo "steals" must of the customers like PS3 to xbox360. like a PS3 user would not buy a Xbox 360. but Wii is almost a "co-console". a console nice to have for something that is not like xbox360 and PS3.
Wii is on his own and got no enemy, at the moment.
Posted By: Doug

Re: WII play : - 10/18/07 03:26

Quote:

Yeah, but they never actually used that term "next-gen" before until referencing the Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii to an extent. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think the previous gen consoles were every referred to as "next-gen".

It was the title for a popular gaming magazine in 1995.
It was used to describe the first PlayStation, the Sega Saturn, and the Nintendo 64 (the "fifth generation" depending on who you talk to).

So this isn't new (at least, not in the US).
Posted By: Joozey

Re: WII play : - 10/18/07 09:48

Quote:

Wii is almost a "co-console". a console nice to have for something that is not like xbox360 and PS3.
Wii is on his own and got no enemy, at the moment.

If it's an alternative to xbox and ps then it does have enemies. You don't want to be the "alternative" for other consoles when you are a whole new concept. You want to be number 1, and Wii is not number 1 when alot of people prefer xbox or ps above Wii.
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: WII play : - 10/18/07 12:06

I buy xbox360 and with the new games (halo 3, gta4 ...)
my deception goes more big (gears of war, have better graphics than all new games for xbox360)

whell I recently buy the wii, and the control are diferent but the concepts or the games are a sh***. Only play to wii sports, wario smoth moves (great sh**), and zelda but this last are the same of others zelda notging new and the control not are whell with this game.

Next when can I goes to bought the ps3, I wait see anymore better, but the control not have vibration, and probably lost a little points, but think no lies how the xbox360 with the graphics.

Think wii is only for people never player to videogames and is the easy form of play, but probably when he playing to times all boring

I prefer to make my own games (models, program...) if more interesting
Posted By: William

Re: WII play : - 10/19/07 08:16

I remember next-gen being used since I was young for the shift from the SNES - N64. As Doug already pointed out. Although, I'm sure it was the same for 8-16bit era.

Quote:

Most techniques described as "next gen" already are present-gen or even last-gen. New technologies are in the making like id-Software are doing. But using a shader well known from old games like Doom3 is not next-gen anymore. Doom3 is from August 2004. This is over 3 years old

Fully agree with this. I always find it a bit funny to hear someone arguing about some console games being next gen or not based on normalmapping or a different "special" shader. It really shouldn't be this, but instead just to explain that bundle A of consoles is newer than bundle B of consoles, therefore, I would believe the Wii to be next gen because it is the next iteration from a major console maker. But, then again, I don't really know what next-gen means anymore, as it's used to explain so many things now.

Re: WII play : - 10/19/07 13:04

When looking at the timeline Wii clearly belongs to the next gen consoles, but the graphical output is not what you'd expect from a next gen console.
© 2024 lite-C Forums