Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die?

Posted By: jcl

Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? - 03/24/06 12:01

Nehmen Sie an, Sie können jetzt über Ihre natürliche Lebensspanne und damit über die Geschwindigkeit Ihres Alterns entscheiden. Sie können diese Entscheidung, einmal getroffen, jedoch nicht mehr zurücknehmen. Vor welchem Jahr möchten Sie sterben?

Suppose you can now decide your natural life span, but can not reverse that decision once it's made. The speed of your ageing will then be determined by the desired year of your death. If you want to die within the next 10 years you'll age very fast, but when you want to die in 200 years or later, you'll age very slow or not at all. In which year do you want to be dead?

Posted By: ello

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/24/06 12:08

well, it would be interesting to never die. at least if one would not be totaly alone and maybe if one could just travel everywhere without restrictions;) hmm, how unholy thoughts to be godlike?? if we are children of god, well if we grow up we'll be

i'd love to see what happens to the earth, when the sun bursts, when new stars are born. and and and..
and i'd love to have a look at the big attractor beyond
Posted By: Joozey

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/24/06 14:08

The idea to be able to do everything, witness everything, and explore everything sounds really cool. If I had the choise, I probably want to live forever. I am just too curious. If eventualy 500 mil years passed, I want to know what comes next...
Posted By: Hellcrypt

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/24/06 16:12

We would probably go insane if we live that long. By around 140 years you will be bored as hell and won't care anymore. Why bother working and getting a job, getting a family is kind out of the question since your kids will get older than you, but I guess you still can have a family. Kind of difficult to imagine what will happen if we will drive ourselves insane or not, but still curious at what technological advancements we will achieve.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/24/06 23:19

Quote:

When do you want to die?

Tuesday will be fine.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/24/06 23:59

as long as i get a wife and possibly have children i can die happily, even in the next 10-15 years.
Posted By: ulillillia

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 03:49

Certainly more than 100,000 years. From something I read a while ago, anyone born in the 1970's and later has a sufficient chance of living well past 100 years and those born in the 1980's and later, an indefinite life span is possible. I don't recall where I read it, but this was based on our accelerating technological advances. Heh, just ten years down the road and there could be a cure for diabetes, AIDS, or even cancer and 30 years from now, micromachines that destroy harmful pathogens and replenish damaged cells could be highly possible.

Just look at the combination of technological advances from prehistory to AD 1500. Then look at 1500 to 1900. If we brought someone from 1960 to today (such as through a time machine), they could be confused on what things are nowadays. Bringing someone from 1804 to 1904 would be about the same as someone from 1960 to today, even though there is a shorter time span. It's exponentiating, creating a curve in the graph starting off slow but ending extremely fast.

Edit: Big hazards, like a supervolcanic eruption (Yellowstone), a nearby star going supernova, or even a dead, dark star coming along moving planets out of their orbits could all cause major loss in life. Another case, but several million years down the road, would be the Sun getting very hot (but then again, we could change the orbit of the Earth moving Earth further away to cancel this effect).
Posted By: ICEman

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 03:58

I'd like to live a very very long time, so I can do great things and have as much of a taste of what earth as to offer to my senses and mind as possible.. but I wouldnt want to live forever.

I'd witness world wars 3-10.. all sorts of side catastropes.. and too many relationships of various kinds in my life will live and die when the other parties involved die.

Maybe if I adopted a less personal way of thinking about the mortality of friendships, relationships, family, and got used to the ugliness of mankind's way of existing and coexisting, I might not mind it so much after a while, but I think my emotional self would be too fragile to live more than a millenium or so, even if my body could.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 04:31

Quote:

I'd witness world wars 3-10..

According to prophecies, we're in the midst of World War 3 right now....
Posted By: KoH

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 10:26

all those people who want to live forever:
when the world ends, either you will go with it or you will spend eternity in the vacuum of space. doesn't sound too good to me
Posted By: ventilator

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 12:39

the current lifespan of humans is kind of short and it would be nice to be able to live a bit longer but i wouldn't want to live forever either. i think nobody would be able to deal with an infinite life without going crazy. everything would lose its meaning. it would be hell.
Posted By: ArchitectTempest

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 15:53

I would not want to live forever, since I believe in heaven. I am one of those to live to the end of the world. Immortality, I would think, would eventually drive me insane. I can't possible imagine what I would become after so long, for good or for evil, even after 500 mio, let alone eternity.
It really depends on if everyone else also lives that long, or only me.

There is no doubt that I would be completly different.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 16:03

Quote:

Immortality, I would think, would eventually drive me insane.

so you would go insane in heaven?

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 16:08

In heaven one would be perfectly happy, and therefore insanity would not exist.
Posted By: hyde5659

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 16:48

Quote:

In heaven one would be perfectly happy, and therefore insanity would not exist.

you live in a dream world buddy
Posted By: Inestical

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 20:35

I would like to see earths end, if it comes 2012 or 2053 or 500 mio
Posted By: Sebe

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 23:16

I'd like to have the possibility do live forever, but only if I could end my life whenever I want to. Without that I'd probably go insane, an endless life (doesn't matter where, here or in any paradise that some people believe in) without possibility to end it yourself would be the same as hell; the most terrible thing ever. Living in a paradise would even be worse, because being "happy" all the time (to have / know everything etc.) is a guarantee to be unhappy in the end and / or in the long run. Being happy isn't more then some chemicals in your brain, and they need certain highlights to be "activated". A status that doesn't change makes you always unhappy, no matter if the status is "good" or "bad". So there isn't much difference between hell and heaven, they both would be horrible

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/06 23:42

Hyde-

I do not follow

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/26/06 03:28

hyde for once we agree on something...however religiously insensitive that agreement is..I'm amazed
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/26/06 21:11

Why would one not want to live forever? Isn't this the main reason why so much people believe in heaven? The wish to become immortal?
I've voted 'forever' too btw I just like to know what comes after what, even if it would mean I would be alone for a couple of million/billion years, before the next planet becomes inhabitable for interesting creatures, when for example the human race has become extinct long before.

Living forever would mean you could do anything you wish, as far as you are physically capable to do what you wish. Now that sounds really tempting to me, especially when you think off the technological improvements that are just waiting to happen, most of them are a question of time, at least so I like to think...

Cheers
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/27/06 06:04

Quote:

as long as i get a wife and possibly have children i can die happily, even in the next 10-15 years.

Ditto
Posted By: A.Russell

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/27/06 14:04

Quote:

as long as i get a wife and possibly have children i can die happily,

Boring.

Living much longer than everyone else would obviously be a great advantage. Drop $5 in a bank account now, shag your brains out with every girl for the next 1000 years, and you'll be rich off the interest, still the same age physically and you can shag for another 1000! When you get bored of having all the money and pussy in the world, you would have plenty of time to do other cool things like fly helicopters or become a rock superstar.

Here's a question for those of you who think forever is too long to live: Would you be so happy about it if it you were going to die in the next thirty seconds? Is there such a thing as a good time to die? It's sort of like asking, when is a good time to catch herpes or for all your teeth to rot out, isn't it?
Posted By: PennyWise

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/27/06 16:01

Quote:

having all the money and pussy in the world

Some of us already have all of that, but having it for the next 1000 years would also be nice.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/27/06 16:08

Wow, I wish I were you, Pennywise.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/27/06 17:57

Well Russell..It's nice to be able to live a long time..but if you live forever, youll see things happen over and over again, each time more traumatizing than the last... youll see beautiful things ..and then youll see them passover and die.. youll see wars, and youll see the aftermath.

After youve done all the shagging and rocking and helicopter piloting there is to be done... what then?.. You still have forever to live. Not only would it get boring and mentally unsettling.. but part of the reason most of us dont take life for granted is that we have a very finite amount of it. If your supply of it is unlimited tho, it will become unprecious to you. You wont regard your life as a commodity anymore.. because to you it wont be. You wont be careful or at all respectful to your body..and youll end up torn up, broken up and diseased... but still alive (cue the warm fuzziness feeling).

Life is precious, in part, because of its finity. We make the most of our time, while not being wreckless most times.. then we die. Death IS a part of life. If we did not have a finity to it.. we would not be cautious, or at all respecting of life, or be motivated to do anything to make ourselves great.

It's a good thing life works the way it does.
Posted By: broozar

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/27/06 19:20

2075. then i will have seen the first contact (5.4.2063) ^^ and, on the other hand, i will be 89 then. i had a grandma that became 93 before she died, but the last years weren´t life what i call it. i feel my energy will be burnt down then, and you have to know when to leave the stage. if not, the others will make you leave. and that´s something i want to avoid.
Quote:

Life is precious, in part, because of its finity. We make the most of our time, while not being wreckless most times.. then we die. Death IS a part of life. If we did not have a finity to it.. we would not be cautious, or at all respecting of life, or be motivated to do anything to make ourselves great.

too true.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/28/06 02:32

Quote:

After youve done all the shagging and rocking and helicopter piloting there is to be done... what then?..

Formula 1 racing?

The point is, I (and most of you) won't be able to do these things in life, because it is finite and we are competing with the rest of the human race who also want to do things like fly helicopters and be rock superstars. There simply aren't enough helicopters or job openings for rock superstars to go around. In fact, most people only really get about twenty good years. Once a man hits 40 without having achieved anything great, he never will.

I imagine that for the unsuccessful and mundane masses, after 40 life becomes like a boring game of Civilisation 4 where you loose in slow motion, and after the long fruitless struggle you get told you excercised the leadership skills of Dan Quale.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/28/06 02:59

well after the shagging, rocking, helicopter riding, bungie jumping, formula 1 racing, Starfighter piloting, starship hijacking, wormhole jumping and (insert 99999999 more extreme activities) ..you still have a trillion years to do...(?) with.

At some point you'll reach an apex at which mortal life has nothing new or unboring to offer... and that's when youll get boring and careless..and have a moot existence from then until..the end of time (but hey..if there's gonna be a big crunch and another big bang, you'll get to see that.)

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/28/06 03:11

Alright you win. So, can I just have another few thousand years of youth to get all that out of my system first?

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/28/06 03:14

xD thas why i chose "500 Mio"... Id love a long time..but just until theres no one left to play with...then itll get boring and depressing...like Bratislava in the winter.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/28/06 05:43

Quote:

Quote:

as long as i get a wife and possibly have children i can die happily,

Boring.

Living much longer than everyone else would obviously be a great advantage. Drop $5 in a bank account now, shag your brains out with every girl for the next 1000 years, and you'll be rich off the interest, still the same age physically and you can shag for another 1000! When you get bored of having all the money and pussy in the world, you would have plenty of time to do other cool things like fly helicopters or become a rock superstar.

Here's a question for those of you who think forever is too long to live: Would you be so happy about it if it you were going to die in the next thirty seconds? Is there such a thing as a good time to die? It's sort of like asking, when is a good time to catch herpes or for all your teeth to rot out, isn't it?

And don't you think that during all that long time you wouldnt fall in love with "some" girl/boy, "sometime"? It isnt avoidable, and if you do, and he/she dies, I think you would wish to never wished to life forever...

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/28/06 11:29

I've fallen in and out of love before. People I loved have died. My pets have died. I've lost friends and been tormented by my enemies. I've suffered embarassment, pain, disease and persecution.

Then I get over it and carry on.

Thank God for single malt whisky.

Michael, when someone you loves dies, perhaps you might feel like you want to die, too. However, I think you would get over it. Try putting it in another perspective, if you died then wouldn't you want the people you love to continue living and be happy?

So yes, I could live with that.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/28/06 14:19

Quote:

And don't you think that during all that long time you wouldnt fall in love with "some" girl/boy, "sometime"? It isnt avoidable, and if you do, and he/she dies, I think you would wish to never wished to life forever...

I think there is no such thing as 'eternal love', so I don't think it would really matter if she would die. What if she just leaves after a while, saying she doesn't love you anymore and she will never come back? In practise it would be the same as when she would die. Since in this theoretical case we would live forever, the love would die out too so to speak, I know some people never come over lost loved onces and some seem to die because of it somehow, so I think those persons would need more time than they have to live to get over it? What if they would live forever, wouldn't it mean they would get over it? Also just as with the fact that life is precious because it does have an end, so is being in love. That would be the only thing that would kinda be negative about being immortal, the value of falling in love might become different, because in time you could find another girl 'sometime' ...

Cheers
Posted By: PennyWise

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/28/06 15:38

Quote:

I think there is no such thing as 'eternal love',

I think there is, as long as one of the member is still functioning (alive and sane) - which don't neccessarily falls into the "till death do you part" type love. But i'm talking about the love between a mother and son, a father and daughter, or siblings, or other very close family members. I don't believe that there is anybody in the world, who has ever lost someone very close, would ever say that they no longer love that member, no matter how long time has passed.

And for a human to live for a thousand years, which means that he/she will be in contact with numerous people who will die during the thousand year span. It would a heavy burden to know that you will live to see nearly all your love ones die before you.

But hell, I still wouldn't mind trying it out.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/30/06 10:33

Or even worse, you're sitting in a nursery waiting to die (because you decided to live 100 years) while your loved ones are still young (because they opted for 100,000 years).

Interestingly we have now 3 peaks in the poll: Natural life span, 500 years, and eternal life. 500 years would be the life span of a human if only his brain would age, but not his body.

Unfortunately most biologists think that immortality won't be available before 2100, so this poll is just theory - at least for us.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/30/06 23:47

I would like to know wether there is a relationship between how old one is and how long he wants to live!

Is it possible to make such a "relational" poll?

My theory: the older persons choose more natural lifespan, the younger persons choose the eternal life.

Reasons: the elder are more bored about life, they are less afraid of the death, they feel more of the burdon of their responsibilities, they experienced the limits of their perspectives, and they don't expect to experience any essential new thing.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/31/06 09:22

This would be indeed interesting, but the poll software does not allow relating data. Besides, we don't have many people of age 45+ on the forum.

My guess would be that it won't depend much on the age, but on the lifestyle. If you live an interesting life, you'd want more of it. But if not much is happening in your life, you'd look forward to the end.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/31/06 09:41

I've heard from doctors that the people most affraid of death are Catholic Nuns.

Whoops, that was off topic.

That would certainly be a reason JCL. You notice how so many rich and famous people are apt to try and hang in there as long as possible. The Queen Mother is a good example.

Not just that though. You can see from the replies that a lot of people are quite religious about this subject. Also, there are people who think they'll be overwhelmed with sorrow at their long life experience. I asked one of my students, who is a budhist, this question. She said it doesn't matter to her when she dies as she won't really be dead, but somewhere else.

Posted By: ello

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/31/06 09:46

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/31/06 09:54

Yeah, makes you wonder what those nuns get up to, doesn't it?
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/31/06 10:24

thats not ture JCl..
im having so much fun in life, i could go on forever.
however, i want to die with 60 or so. all in my family are rather old, but not healthy. i dont want to spend the eve of my life in a wheelchair, my mind banned in a useless body. i could not stand it. if im healthy, i could go on forever, but when ill get sick, id rather kill mysefl before ending like christopher reeves did...

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/31/06 11:27

Just curious but what does "Mio" stand for in the poll? Million instances onward? Shouldn't it be "MYFN" for "Million years from now"?

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/31/06 12:37

Easy to say that now. How about when you are 60? ....Nooooooo, just a little bit looooooooooonger!
Posted By: eternalyouth

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/04/06 07:00

I cannot die. I am have eternalyouth. If I had to die...

I would choose fighting some sexy super model. A sexy asian super model babe... and I am fighting her for what I believe in. But being a sexy super model babe, I am over powered. and recieve a damaging blow to the stomache.

Then I'd die... because in a way it'd feel good. However, NOBODY MUST KNOW that I died being beaten up by a female. Something will happen... so they'd say "oh, he was hit by a truck." However, because I have eternalyouth... it seems that'd be the only way I would die... (if it happens.)

I do have dreams of dying like that... but I rub up against her body in my final moments... after dying I usually end up falling into lava or hot fire... I am not sure what that is supposed to mean. Heaven must be hot.

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/04/06 08:57

Eternalyouth: Hmm... somehow I have the feeling that you're in the wrong forum here.
Posted By: Inari

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/08/06 22:23

Es soll eine Überraschung sein.

-----------------------------------
Ich liebe Überraschungen

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/08/06 22:57

Just a reply to a question that was on the, uhm, I think it was the 2nd page of this thread.

Quote:

Would you be so happy about it if it you were going to die in the next thirty seconds

I wouldn't be too happy, but I also wouldn't care

And sadly, Russells theory doesn't work at all. Being a rockstar or any other pleasure that we can feel exists only because our life doesn't last forever. It's only fun because we all know that sometime, we won't be able to do this things anymore. Living forever would be an interesting experiment, but especially with absolutely no possibility to end it, it would be what most of us call "Hell" (as I've stated in my previous post). And also with 500 Mio. years, being a rockstar would be extremely boring, because it's nothing exciting anymore. Maybe the first 100 things that you do would be cool, but then you'd most probably lose every interest in any other activity, because you know that you could do it anyway - it loses all it's excitement.

Quote:

but I rub up against her body in my final moments

You watch too many one-sided movies
Posted By: Nicolas_B

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/10/06 20:19

Wieso auch ewig lange leben. Ich glaub im jenseitz ist es viel gemütlicher wie auf der Erde. Nicht etwa das ich das Leben nicht schön finde. Oder wenn die Wiedergeburt Teorie stimmt würd ich am liebsten als Katze mein Leben verbringen...

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/14/06 14:56

Sebe, you're full of crap. People who are rock stars love being rock stars and usually do it for as long as possible. Don't believe me? Try doing a search for some popular 80's bands (if you were around then), you'll find that a lot of them are still going (you'll know INXS at least). What usually happens is, they get rich and famous, shag and drink everything in sight, retire, then discover that that was what they really liked best and go back to it.

Since you are not a rock star, or anything very interesting or important, but rather a good boring Christian, this might be hard for you to envisiage. However, I, for one, think it would be awesome to be a rock star, or a formula one race car driver, or a porno star, or a member of the royal family, or all that and more. What is it I like best? Money, sex, fame? -I like all that success. I like living, and I'll take as much as I can get.

EternalYouth, your death fantasy is wicked cool.

Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/14/06 16:04

I'd like to live as long as possible, with the option of "turning myself off" for a period of time, with some kind of escape from dangerous or stressful situations-- so you wouldn't be living forever stuck in a box-- and with the option of killing myself-- with some kind of confirmation interval a few years apart, so I would be certain.

I like the idea of living forever, with a "psychic hibernation trance" ability-- so when the suffering of life became too much, I could have a means of "peaceful sleep" to get away from the intensity of prolonged life-- but without being gone forever --like dying for a short time, then coming back.

Sounds kooky, but it's my idea of a great life.

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/14/06 16:58

Quote:

Sebe, you're full of crap

Sure

Quote:

People who are rock stars love being rock stars and usually do it for as long as possible. Don't believe me?

Absolutely, I don't doubt that. What I've tried to explain was that life in this form (which ends for everyone in about max. 120 years) is very fun, especially as a rockstar or anything else that is fun. But imagine, what if being a rockstar wouldn't be anything exciting anymore for you, because you could get it anytime? It would surely be fun for the first time or some more times, because it's a new feeling and you are what you ever wanted to be etc. But after being a rockstar twice and a pornstar five times, you'll most probably realise that there is nothing exciting about it anymore, because you already know it and it would be no problem to get it once more. That's my theory (can't prove it since nobody lives that long and has such powers )
Posted By: FBL

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/14/06 17:09

If I don't have to choose an answer I'd simply say: later.

Whenever "later" is. There are things I don't want to know. Knowing that it will happen one day is sufficient.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/14/06 18:35

Quote:

I'd like to live as long as possible, with the option of "turning myself off" for a period of time, with some kind of escape from dangerous or stressful situations-- so you wouldn't be living forever stuck in a box-- and with the option of killing myself-- with some kind of confirmation interval a few years apart, so I would be certain.

I like the idea of living forever, with a "psychic hibernation trance" ability-- so when the suffering of life became too much, I could have a means of "peaceful sleep" to get away from the intensity of prolonged life-- but without being gone forever --like dying for a short time, then coming back.

Uuh, you're prepared soooo well!

Sure, that you are not already participating in an investigation program on 'how prolonging life'?
Posted By: Rigoletto

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 04/23/06 10:20

If i have the right to suicide, i´ll take never. Otherwise i choose 2050 or 2075.
Posted By: Roy

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 05/01/06 11:50

Life forever? no.
I don't think that would be very great.
You would see lots of disasters, wars, etc... Maybe you can't handle that.
I think suicide would be a daily happening indeed.. and that's not good either, i think.
Many people are curious about everything that happens in life, but why not being curious in what happens after life, in dead. Nobody knows, and the only way to know, is to die, i think.
But, a long life would be good. I hope i live long, but not forever.
Posted By: Cemper

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 05/01/06 13:15

Quote:

Life forever? no.
I don't think that would be very great.
You would see lots of disasters, wars, etc...

I just think it would be really boring
Posted By: Roy

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 05/07/06 17:23

Yes, indeed, Cemper.
I also think it would be very boring, but maybe there are new things to do in those years.
Posted By: Seem2B

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 06/29/06 20:12

i think it must be terrible to live forever.
imagine you would live and live and live... and it would never end...horrible.
i think, when you lived 200 years it would be boring.
thats also why i don´t like the idea of life after death in heaven, then i would prefer to be born again in another human, or maybe animal or even alien and forget that i lived and died already.

ich denke, es wäre schrecklich ewig zu leben.
stellt euch mal vor ihr würdet leben und leben und leben...und es würde niemals enden...SCHRECKLICH. ich denke, spätestens nach 200 jahren wäre einem schrecklich langweilig und man würde sich wünschen, das leben würde enden, was es natürlich nicht täte, man ist ja schließlich unsterblich.
deshalb gefällt mir auch die vorstellung vom ewigen leben nach dem tod nicht, dann würde ich es doch ehr vorziehen in einem anderen menschen, einem tier oder sogar einem außerirdischen wiedergeboren zu werden und zu vergessen, dass ich schon einmal gelebt habe und gestorben bin.

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 07/08/06 22:23

Why would living so long possibly be boring? It would just mean that different kinds of things would be of more importance to you than normally would have been to a mortal. For example having a bit of 'luck' (chance), would you still care about it when you would live longer than the time that it will eventually mathematically MUST have happened once? Would you even still care about materialistic things? I doubt it. Would love be important? Depends..? Those are the kind of questions that I find interesting and being immortal would make you find out.

I think ideas will become more important than living a certain life, for example becomming a rockstar or president, but that would be in the long run, there are plenty of things to do in the first couple of millenia and since times change, there's a good chance you will never get bored. Actually aren't we still limited by past, present and future in what we would like to have been or be in a certain time? Being immortal doesn't mean you can live twice in 1998 and do anything you like within that time. Maybe after 1998 there will never be a world so full of nature as it is now, just to give a little example of what I mean. On the other hand positive changes could or since the time span is forever, would happen too.

Cheers
Posted By: Laurina

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 07/29/06 12:38

Lasst mich durch ein unsterbliches Werk hindurch ewig leben. Einmal ein solches Werk vollendet, und ich trete gerne sofort ab. Also nie..
lol

Let me live eternal through an immortal opus. Once I finish such an opus I would surrender immediately. So never...
:-)

--

What do I mean? A piece of music, a great novel, a philosophical oevre, a scientifical theory or just one simple word everybody remembers....
Posted By: hack-panther

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 07/29/06 23:17

Wenn man unsterblich ist nach dem ende der Welt durch all schwebt wird man
sicher irgendwann wieder auf Leben treffen.

auch wenn man sextillion Jahre durchs Weltall schweben muss...
Irgendwann hat man wieder kontakt zu einer anderen Lebensform oder
man kann zusehen wie sie entsteht.

Man wird sogar in laufe der Zeit auf unendlich viele Lebewesen stoßen.

Man hat Zeit genug um alles zu lernen was man will. (Solange das Gehirn es mitmacht)

Das wäre sowas von geil...
Da bin ich mir sicher... :-D

Auch wenn es oft langweillig wird. *g*

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 08/12/06 02:08

I wouldnt want to live forever... just maybe a few centuries.

Life isnt meant to be endless. There's a certain level of appreciation and specialness that comes with our finity.. and would be lost if that were not so.

If we lived forever or.. maybe beyond a thousand years, we wouldnt appreciate life as much as we would having just 1 century to make our mark.

I would want to live long enough to do everything I want to do.. and everything I want to try.. but that's all.

I want to die.. after all that, but before any end of the world or..nuclear holocaust comes to pass. If it does, I dont want to survive it.
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 08/12/06 13:07

yes the postnuclear wasteland is a firece place!
Posted By: FoxHound

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 08/13/06 09:48

When do you want to die?

Ask me again in 5 years.//continous repeated answer.
Posted By: Towelie

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 08/14/06 03:18

I hope I die before I get old.
No offesne to any of those old timers around... *cough*Russel*cough*
I dont know how old you really are but you seem like your older than most of us...
Posted By: Calvin

Re: When do you want to die? - 01/23/07 17:42

Ich moechte in Jahr 2100 sterben. Dann, habe ich genug Zeit fuer andere Dinge, wie meine Familie, usw.

I would like to die in the year 2100. Then, I have enough time for other things, like my family, etc.
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: When do you want to die? - 01/24/07 13:46

Ich will sterben bevor ich nur noch sitzen kann....
Posted By: Lukas

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben? - 06/25/07 18:19

Ich will im Jahre 2150 sterben, denn ich will noch möglichst viel menschlichen Fortschritt miterleben, aber NICHT ewig leben, weil ich wissen will, was nach dem Tod passiert. Wissenschaftler arbeiten daran, die Lebenszeit eines Menschen durch Antioxigene (sie verlangsamen die Alterung der Zellen) zu verdoppeln, also wird das vielleicht auch klappen.
Posted By: Roel

Re: When do you want to die? - 06/29/07 11:00

Why do we want to live forever?
we are created to live forever, but something happened in the beginning, that makes us die.
Jehovah Wants to "repair" this world, but we will have to listen to him...
Posted By: Harry Potter

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 06/29/07 11:35

Quote:

Wenn man unsterblich ist nach dem ende der Welt durch all schwebt wird man sicher irgendwann wieder auf Leben treffen.

@hack-panther: Naja, viel wahrscheinlicher ist jedoch, dass Du von der Gravitation der Sonne angezogen wirst. Und dann musst Du unendlich lang im Kern der Sonne sozusagen "in der Hölle schmoren". Oder zumindest solange, bis die Sonne als Supernova explodiert, und Du wieder freikommst ... zumindest kurzzeitig, solange bis Du wieder in einen anderen Stern hineingezogen wirst.
Wenn Du Pech hast wird die Sonne womöglich auch zu einen Schwarzen Loch, und Du kommst nie wieder frei.

Also ich stelle mir das nicht so lustig vor, unendlich lang zu leben und unzerstörbar zu sein.

Ach ja: ich möchte zumindest so lange leben, bis ich mein "Fotorealistisches Mittelalter"-Spiel fertig programmiert habe. Also noch ca. 150 Jahre.
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to - 08/18/07 17:42

warum sollte man ewig leben wollen? das is eine der sachen die ich mein leben lang nie verstehen werde.
ich will an dem zeitpunkt sterben an dem nunmal meine zeit abgelaufen ist. im idealfall ist das derjenige punkt, an dem ich mit stolz auf mein leben zurückschauen kann, nichts bereuen muss und frieden mit gott und der welt geschlossen hab. und wenn nicht, auch egal. ich will nicht zu sehr über solche sachen nachdenken, sondern den moment leben.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by jcl - 08/19/07 04:15

Posted By: testDummy

. Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to d - 03/14/08 15:54

10.73 months from now seems about right.
Quoting MENSA mag cover entity jcl, but corrected some smelling.
Quote:

Suppose you can now decide your natural life span, but can not reverse that decision once it's made. The speed of your aging will then be determined by the desired year of your death. If you want to die within the next 10 years you'll age very fast, but when you want to die in 200 years or later, you'll age very slow or not at all. In which year do you want to be dead?

Above, I replied before properly digesting the quoted material, but oh whell, it's too late now.
The question is seemingly too one-sided, with too much con on one half the mark. Perhaps, it's a coded prompt for planning group activities, or a quick, simpleton weeding device? Basically, take a little off the top and make me smell like a flower.
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/14/08 16:02

Es gab mal vor langer Zeit eine Geschichte im Comic "DC Horror". Da hat so ein Typ genau diesen Wunsch geäußert. Er wollte noch 150 Jahre leben oder so und bekam diesen Wunsch von einer alten, häßlichen Hexe auch erfüllt.

Also zog er los und kletterte auf den Bergen rum.
Er rutschte ab, zerbracht sich beim Aufprall alle Knochen und war dazu verdammt, völlig regungslos die restlichen 149 Jahre in einer Felsspalte auszuhalten.

Hagel, Schnee, Regen, Gewitter, alles brach über ihn herein. Irgendwelche Krähen hackten an ihm rum...

... hm... ich bin zufrieden mit dem Leben, das mir Gott geschenkt hat und wenn mein Körper nicht mehr in der Lage ist, meinem Willen zu folgen, dann ist es auch ganz gut so, wenn ich von der Bildfläche verschwinden muß.

WÜRDET IHR EINEN DEAL MIT EINER HEXE AUSMACHEN??

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/14/08 16:46

Thanks. That's worth translating.
Posted By: JoGa

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/15/08 08:48

Ich will solang wie möglich leben, aber lieber früher sterben, als in irgendeinem Altersheim nurnoch als sabberndes Zombie sich den Po wund zu sitzen.

Unsterblichkeit find ich mal übelst genial. Meistens haben das ja in Sagen und Geschichten die Elfen. Das wäre mein Traum =) Du könntest alles Mögliche machen, überall hinreisen, viele Berufe lernen, es würde nicht so wie jetzt sein, dass man einen Beruf erlernt und zwei andere "Türen" gehen zu, man könnte sich unendlich viel Wissen aneignen (müsste halt das Gehirn irgendwie auch mitmachen). Da wäre schon krass. Kann mir vorstellen, warum das in so vielen Sagen vorkommt. Da wünscht man sich halt schon, dass isch der Körper immer wieder vollständig regeneriert.
Aber alles in allem will ich noch so lang leben, bis der größte Teil der Autos auf der Welt nichtmehr mit Mineralöl fahren sondern WASSERSTOFF! Das wäre mein Traum, den ich noch erleben will. Alle Fortbewegungsmittel mit umweltfreundlichem Wasserstoff, da wäre absolut krass für mich.
Posted By: Toast

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/16/08 00:20

Well longing for an infinite lifespan / immortality is a rather silly attitude if you look closer. Denying death means denying life itself as both are connected. You mustn't focus on death because it's inevidable in our current world and you totally miss life with that attitude...

Immortal things of any kind are impossible in this world of ours. As all we know exists under the "bondage" of time everything has a start and this way an end too. Only what isn't influenced by time can be truly immortal and is beyond our current imagination...

Enjoy your meal
Toast
Posted By: Tobias

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/16/08 05:11

There are some strong taboos against extending your life. That is visible in some answers here. The taboos result from a longstanding tradition and have the purpose to make you accept death because you can't avoid it. This can also be observed sometimes in disasters, shipwrecks and so on, some people struggle to survive and others just sit down to die.

However you can outwit the taboo with clever asking. In the poll at the beginning, 39% have voted "never", which means that 61% want to die by old age. However I guess this result would be different when you formulate the question differently, like this:

"You are 78 years old and hospitalized because you're suffering from the usual age diseases, such as mental confusion, rheuma, Parkinson, and incontinence. Now the doctor approaches your bed and tells you:

'We can keep you alive for a while but you'll die within the next 5 years. But there is a cure. I can give you a pill against the Alzheimer, Parkinson and whatever else you have, and you can then immediately go home. There's only one catch. The cure works by removing the physical effects of your age, and thus gives you again the body and mind of a 30 years old. Shall I now give you the pill, or not?'"

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/16/08 11:40

Quote:

Well longing for an infinite lifespan / immortality is a rather silly attitude if you look closer. Denying death means denying life itself as both are connected.

Quote:

Immortal things of any kind are impossible in this world of ours.

There are animals that are 'sort of' immortal, it's called ""biologically immortal" and means cells that do not age;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senescence

There are organisms with cells that do not age (or at least incredibly slow), so from the perspective of living it's not that impossible actually.

However I guess it's not quite right when you look at the definition of 'immortal'. ""Immortality" implies, an inability to ever die." A lot of these organisms can still die, they just tend to not die of old age,

Cheers
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/16/08 22:06

Ich bezweifel das Unsterblichkeit so toll. Zumal das unserem sowieso schon überbevölkertem Planeten nicht gerade helfen wird. Ich denke so zischen 2075 bis 2100 ist eine nette Zeit um den Löffel abzugeben. Ehrlich gesagt bin ich sogar ein bisschen gespannt was nach dem Leben kommt (wer hat recht? Religion?) und denke nicht das Unsterblichkeit das Wert ist.
Außerdem: So schlecht kann sterben gar nicht sein, immerhin ist bis jetzt keiner von denen wiedergekommen
Posted By: Toast

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/17/08 00:59

Quote:

There are animals that are 'sort of' immortal, it's called ""biologically immortal" and means cells that do not age;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senescence

There are organisms with cells that do not age (or at least incredibly slow), so from the perspective of living it's not that impossible actually.

Well imo you shouldn't equal non-aging with immortal. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to really discuss here but AFAIK non-aging doesn't imply being immortal (not mentioning hostile conditions and so on of course)...

Enjoy your meal
Toast
Posted By: iuselitec

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/17/08 01:11

there are expectations that the aging issue will be solved around 2050. great, our generation will be stuck as 70 year old geezers then.

if aging could be stopped, would religious people have enough trust in the existance of heaven to not use that possibility?
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/17/08 07:25

yes

Re: . Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want t - 03/18/08 16:39

Quote:

would religious people have enough trust in the existance of heaven to not use that possibility?

I wouldn't be too surprised if many would be among the first to 'convert' to non-aging beings in such an event.
Because in all honesty isn't the whole conceptual idea behind their wish for the existence of a 'heaven' the ability to live forever? It's usually the biggest 'promise' of religion... obviously in exchange for your soul.

Perhaps this is just bias on my side, I don't know, but I seem to notice that a lot of religious people don't really enjoy being alive because of the fact that it's relatively irrelevant anyway when there's an eternal afterlife waiting for them...

Cheers

Re: When do you want to die? - 06/03/08 04:48

Years for some, but the shell, tagged user "ICEman" is honored here.

As to the real purpose of this mark, the 'true' point or sense, regarding definitions held and slung by the lesser fool common collective, that party of reflected self assertive illusion, those bound servants of transient lying interest,
...to great a fool is this to answer.

With time, the root of mark upon itself here may lay, and perhaps, then again on death and choice, the cosmic lass, will silently, have her...

Re: When do you want to die? - 06/03/08 14:39

Lol, right. Yes, I like it, more power to you testDummy. Okey, I'm going to take a shot at interpreting your words there, so forgive me if I'm completely and totally off.

So you are basically saying that death can be sort of a beautiful thing as it's what gives meaning to life, an otherwise boring infinite existence? wink

Well, I'd like to take my chances as immortal being anyway, even if it would be boring.

Quote:
Also zog er los und kletterte auf den Bergen rum.
Er rutschte ab, zerbracht sich beim Aufprall alle Knochen und war dazu verdammt, völlig regungslos die restlichen 149 Jahre in einer Felsspalte auszuhalten.

Hagel, Schnee, Regen, Gewitter, alles brach über ihn herein. Irgendwelche Krähen hackten an ihm rum...

I guess it would have been nice to be invincible / unbreakable as well in this scenario, but it would only make sense to as least try to crawl away, no matter how much bones were broken. After all, he had time enough to try.
Posted By: Batfox

Please help me (this is SO off topic)! - 06/11/08 18:52

How do I become a full fledged user? It's says I'm a guest, and I verified email and everything! I can only reply to a topic on HH, there for, don't get mad that this is not a new topic and not in the right place! Please I need help on this so I can get help on my game!

Re: Please help me (this is SO off topic)! - 06/11/08 18:57

"Guest" is just your title. When you have 5 posts, you will become a "newbie". You are already a full fledged user. wink
http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=faq

Re: Please help me (this is SO off topic)! - 06/11/08 19:33

But I can't post unless it's Hilbert's Hotel...but thanks anyway, you were a good help.

Re: Please help me (this is SO off topic)! - 06/11/08 20:24

I found something strange: Your "user" and "morbius" flag is not set. I could set it but I could get in trouble if I do that, so please contact jcl. I think he can help you.

Re: Please help me (this is SO off topic)! - 06/11/08 23:17

Alright, but I can't do PMs, so, does anyone know his email?

P.S. sry I started a whole new topic thing, but I need help and can't get it anywhere else!

When do you want to die? - 06/12/08 09:11

Yes, that was a forum glitch that affected a few users who registered in mid-May. You should be able to post now.
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? - 10/31/08 06:16

Pick a random number, but the important clause is this.

BEFORE I HAVE TIME TO NOTICE.
Posted By: Electroreactive

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? - 11/03/08 16:15

When I want to die is irrelevant. I have 54 years left. It's not enough... but it's what I have left.

I'd pick 2000 years if I could, and I'll pick the closest to that once I finish writing this.
Posted By: smitty

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? - 12/11/08 00:22

I think it is very interesting that according to the poll on the first page, the majority of the people who took it want to live forever. I would not want to live forever in this life. What a terrible thought to think that we would just continue to grow older and sicker in this world which continues to decay as a result of man's evil and sin. Of course it is better than the alternative if you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour and are bound for eternity in the Lake of Fire. I know that God is sovereign in all things and that our lives our in His hands. Thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? - 12/11/08 13:16

@smitty: Please go ahead and explain the difference between eternal life in heaven and eternal life here on earth (or wherever future space travel would take 'us').

Originally Posted By: smitty
I think it is very interesting that according to the poll on the first page, the majority of the people who took it want to live forever. I would not want to live forever in this life.

You'll have to put things in perspective when it comes to people that actually very much hold on to their current lives. Perhaps you're life isn't that great wink and although my life certainly isn't perfect, my life is great enough to want to live much much longer than humanly possible.

Living for all eternity may become boring after a while, but on the other hand just think of our current world and compare it to 50 years back. Enough interesting differences in my opinion. Then again, what's 50 years on the scale of infinity? Regardless, there would suddenly be plenty of possibilities otherwise vastly limited by the factor time.

Quote:
Of course it is better than the alternative if you do not know Jesus Christ as your Saviour and are bound for eternity in the Lake of Fire. I know that God is sovereign in all things and that our lives our in His hands. Thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

So... do you get like bonus points from your God for mentioning this or something? :P

Quote:
What a terrible thought to think that we would just continue to grow older and sicker in this world which continues to decay as a result of man's evil and sin.

It depends on your look on what it would or should be like to live for eternity. In my opinion, I'd not want to live forever if it would mean living 80 years in good health and the rest of infinity as a half rotten corpse.

Having said that, I don't think the world is decaying. A better observation would be that the world simply changes all the time.

Cheers
Posted By: smitty

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? - 12/11/08 17:24

Hi Phemox! smile

Eternal life (for believers) is being with God forever. This earth will be destroyed. There will be a new heaven and a new earth for all believers. All the unsaved will also have eternal life, but they will live forever in the Lake of Fire (hell). Actually, I have a very full, wonderful life, and I am very thankful to the Lord for the life He has given me. The Lord has given me a wonderful godly spouse and a wonderful family who I love dearly and who all love me. My MAIN purpose is to glorify God in any way I am able. I am truly thankful for the life He has given me and all the blessings He has bestowed on me. I am thankful to Him that He is always with me, but most of all I am thankful to Him for saving me so that I may live forever with Him. I do not get bonus points, lol. Believers will receive rewards for what they have done for the Lord. The rewards will be in the form of crowns that I believe we will be able to toss at the Lord's feet as a form of worship of Him.
Posted By: Tobias

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? - 12/13/08 17:31

It would be interesting for me to live eternally or at least a million years on earth. According to scientists, earth does not decay but will continue to exist for many million years.

But what would mean eternal life on earth for me as a Christian? If our scientists are smart enough to find a way for living millions of years, then because God gave us our smartness. I see no reason why using it would be against Gods ways.

By the way, I believe in God, but certainly not in lakes of fire or such, which have no base in the bible. The lakes of fire are as existent as Santa Claus or the little angels with the trumpets. No one knows for sure what happens when we die, but most likely we cease to exists as individuals.
Posted By: croman

Re: Wann wollen Sie sterben / when do you want to die? - 12/14/08 20:43

most of the people want to live forever including me. but the thing is that now it's like that. but the life could become dull to you and everything might become boring to you in less then 100 years.

yes i voted for never to die but who knows what will i think/want 60 years later. some people get so exhausted of their life and it's problems.

i'd like to live forever, but under one condition. that i can die whenever i want to. so if i become exhausted of living, i can die and become free. but that's just my theory smile
Posted By: pararealist

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/18/09 22:45

Realistically probably wish i had never been born after looking around the world, but now i am here, survival is the thing.

I could never succeed to kill myself really since i left my body once and know that the essence of me does not die. I know those who has not had any such experience may think different.

I don't think the world will come to an end in my physical lifetime so i have no fear of "spending eternity in the vacuum of space".

Anyway energy exists in space so why not i too when i shake off this physical vessel, for i am but energy trapped in a physical vessel.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/18/09 23:37

Originally Posted By: pararealist
I could never succeed to kill myself really since i left my body once and know that the essence of me does not die. I know those who has not had any such experience may think different.

Except for the fact that what you've experienced has been nothing more but a dream-like state of conscious. Your interpretation of that experience is not an actual proof of anything other than the fact that your brain did not stop functioning...

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/19/09 13:02

So when your brain stop functioning what do you have?
Death, ergo if it does not stop, life, albeit in a different form.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/20/09 12:05

Of course not. Your brain only continued to work for a little longer because you obviously did not die yet. When it comes to experiencing live, you're not dead until the oxygen in your brain cells are depleted.

By the way, when it comes to near-dead experiences, the time you've spent in any random dream is relative to the real time, in other words you won't really notice a difference between dreaming for about 5 minutes or 6 months. This is often why people consider it to be a different kind of reality, but it's not.

Just ask people that were able to wake from a comatose state. They will tell you all kinds of stories. The brain's very good at making us believe all kinds of things are still going on, some of it might have truly happened, most of it not. It's actually a powerful survival mechanism.

Without any motivation to live, most people will actually die relatively soon.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/20/09 12:25

That may well be true.

I can only experience it the way i did for now, and
in the end all we have is our own personal experiences and
our own heart and mind and understanding to explain these
experiences to ourselves.

//
I was floating on the ceiling looking down at my body with my hand laid across my girl, and as soon as i thought i am afraid to go further, i was back in my body instantly.
My girl then said you became very heavy(my arm) for about 3 minutes and i was afraid.
I actually saw her trying to push my arm up off of her.
So maybe my body died and my essence fled out of it, i just dont know for 100%, it has never happened again.

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/24/09 14:30

Originally Posted By: pararealist
That may well be true.

I can only experience it the way i did for now, and
in the end all we have is our own personal experiences and
our own heart and mind and understanding to explain these
experiences to ourselves.

I agree very much with that. It's just that people often don't seem to be open to more rational explanations.

We could of course pretend we can't possibly know the real explanation or instead fantasize the heck out of it coming up with all sorts of interesting explanations, but there's a lot more known about the brain than people usually are aware of.

Regardless, interpretations will always be relative and erroneous to some extent because of a simple lack of knowledge here and there.

No offense to you and I don't mean to say that I do know everything, I don't... It just amazes me how many people think of such events as something supernatural or miraculous.

For example; the thing with your arm becoming heavy causing a hallucination is actually something that is known to possibly happen when you are in a certain condition.

Hypnotists abuse this little trapdoor to our human psychology often with their stage hypnosis acts. You should read up on it, it's very interesting. smile

It's all a matter of starting a chain reaction and bypassing the brain's control system. After that.. even just a single word can cause what you've experienced. For example if your girlfriend said something about not wanting to lose you. Your brain will do the rest.

Of course, this doesn't change your experience nor devaluates it...

Cheers
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: When do you want to die? - 10/23/09 09:47

This reminds me of the book "False memory" by Dean Koontz and, as well, of the movie "Dragonfly" with Kevin Costner. In "False memory" an evil psychologist controls the brain of several patients by leading them on a lower area of consciousness. Maybe you, paralelist, experienced something that way (without outer influence). In "Dragonfly" an anesthetist is quoted who had said that there are 100 layers of consciousness. In each the experience of yourself is different. The deeper you get (or the more you are dead) the weirder it gets laugh

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
It's all a matter of starting a chain reaction and bypassing the brain's control system. After that.. even just a single word can cause what you've experienced. For example if your girlfriend said something about not wanting to lose you. Your brain will do the rest.

It will really be interesting when software is able to act this way. Guess you leave the toilet lid open and your PC slaps you in the face grin

No seriously (and back to topic), I do not want to life forever since I will life longer than all people I know. That would be awful to see them die one by another...
Posted By: Elektron

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/18/10 07:04

Never.
About ageing, my age is fine.
But i know some of you hate to have 16 and want to die soon for reach 18 tongue
lol
Just a bad joke laugh
Posted By: Joquan

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/18/10 14:44

I want to die when God wants me to die.
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/18/10 14:46

Originally Posted By: ICEman

I'd witness world wars 3-10.. all sorts of side catastropes.. and too many relationships of various kinds in my life will live and die when the other parties involved die.

Four years since that post - and we still live grin

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/18/10 15:15

i want to die in 980 years
Posted By: achaziel

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/18/10 15:22

i wouldn't mind if i'd die right now.
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/18/10 23:24

Insufficient data at this time to form a valid conclusion...
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/25/10 17:01

I want to die after I've made a cool 3D engine full of all those modern CG effects, I've had some game company put a popular game on top of it, I've had the engine released as open source, and finally had other hobbyists build off of it.

I've already begun my journey...
Posted By: mikaldinho

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/04/10 14:16

i want to die the day before my 100th birthday, which would mean i would die on the 11th november 2095. just to be awkward.

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/07/10 23:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBtCb61Sd4
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/08/10 03:04

I liked that video. Very good.

Jibb
Posted By: Nidhogg

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/09/10 08:25

I would like to live to a good age but if I am ever unable to wipe my own butt, that's when I would like to die regardless of age.
Posted By: Elektron

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/25/10 06:50

Imagine someone typing "Now"
tongue
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/25/10 10:07

lol - haven't you seen achaziel's post?

"i wouldn't mind if i'd die right now."
Posted By: maslone1

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/26/10 08:15

Think about this brain-experiment:

if the existence of our world / universe is endless, our life must also be endless -> we die endless times and we gonna born endless times.

Cause in an endless system, all things in the system is also endless.

funny think / thing laugh

cheers
Marcel
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/26/10 16:13

Yes, but what if the universe isn't endless?

There's food for thought wink
Posted By: maslone1

Re: When do you want to die? - 04/26/10 16:36

thats the point my mate wink

so if we live one time,... the universe or our reality isn't endless....

and if the universe isn't endless,... i will die if the time is right...
Posted By: Random

Re: When do you want to die? - 09/27/10 21:25

"World War 3 "

Thats true but it`s an invisible war, behind our back.
That meens it very boring...

Just a joke grin (half way...)
Posted By: Marnix

Re: When do you want to die? - 10/20/10 17:00

Maybe we are already dead and this is just all a memory. In any case I had two near dead experiences and didn't see that bright light so I like to stay alive laugh
Posted By: Superku

Re: When do you want to die? - 10/20/10 18:31

Possible (!) LOST-Spoiler:
Click to reveal..
Have you just watched the very end of LOST?

@Sid: I'm sorry wink
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: When do you want to die? - 10/20/10 18:39

Superku, if just spoiled the end of LOST, I will find and kill you!

Re: When do you want to die? - 10/20/10 20:34

the end of lost is so bad that spoiling it isn't even possible. tongue
Posted By: Superku

Re: When do you want to die? - 10/20/10 21:14

That's a matter of taste, I like it! But I won't go more into detail until Sid has seen it, though. (;
Posted By: NeutronBlue

Re: When do you want to die? - 01/03/11 21:02

Living forever (being immortal) would be a real drag.
Because that would make you totally uncaring about today.
What would you consider to be precious?
I think you'd lose all emotions for your fellow creatures.

Plus the poll *didn't* say "in perfect health" it just said how long - which affects how rapidly you age.
Who the heck wants 500 years of ED, or for you women 500 years of hot flashes <grin>?!?

Posted By: bodden

Re: When do you want to die? - 03/10/11 15:44

I want to become on day older than any other. Because I want to see the end.
© 2024 lite-C Forums