Am I allowed to shamelessly advertise?

Posted By: Irish_Farmer

Am I allowed to shamelessly advertise? - 07/08/07 05:27

I started a blog, called Exposing Atheism. You can conveniently find it at http://www.exposingatheism.blogspot.com

Author John Loftus was the subject of my first critique, and he left a few comments which lead to the beginning of a discussion between him and I. I'm hoping to get more people there to challenge my ideas.

Also, its basically related to the topic of this forum, that's why I'm posting it here. I'll be discussing infinity soon, in relation to the creation of the universe.

Thanks.
Posted By: padrino

Re: Am I allowed to shamelessly advertise? - 07/08/07 07:18

sounds interesting... i bookmarked it
Posted By: jcl

Re: Am I allowed to shamelessly advertise? - 07/08/07 08:15

I'm not following the discussion between the mentioned authors, but I just want to remark that Atheists usually don't consider Theodicy as a reason against the existence of gods.

Theodicy does not disprove a god, it just disproves either his benevolence or his omnipotence. You're free to choose.

Aside from that, Theodicy exists on two levels. General Theodicy is the obvious contradiction between death and suffering of innocents, and the existence of benevolent and omnipotent gods. There are several theological answers to that, all unconvincing - at least to non-believers. The 'stronger' Theodicy only applies to the Christian God. He's described in some bible sections as not only allowing, but even directly causing death and suffering. This is one of the reasons for the many different bible interpretations and God conceptions by Christians.
Posted By: Irish_Farmer

Re: Am I allowed to shamelessly advertise? - 07/08/07 19:15

I really should clear that up, since I've heard that twice now. Loftus assumed, as did I, that the discussion would be about the Christian God, which is why I used "debunking christianity" as a focal point for the theodicy issue.

I understand the issue well enough to know that the god concept in general cannot be disproved this way.

But its always interesting to note that people who don't even believe in "evil", believe that this imaginary evil concept contradicts the Judeo-Christian God.
© 2024 lite-C Forums