Any Old Timers Still Around?

Posted By: Keebo

Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/01/07 02:16

I'm an old A4/A5 commercial user that has been away for quite a while and was wondering if any of my old friends were still around. I have seen RealSpawn and Firoball (greetings guys) around on the forum and was just curious to who might else still be here.

Keebo
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/01/07 06:52

I've been here since '99, so I'm still here. There are quite a few of us still limping about.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/01/07 11:19

im from '99 here too, but i use A6 already
Posted By: FBL

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/01/07 15:55

Hi there.

I've jumped on the A7 train, but am still doing the last polishings for an A5 project.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/02/07 00:45

Was on the tail end when you were present, started with A5 and I'm still struggling to wrap my head around EVERYTHING!
Welcome back.

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/03/07 15:38

Good to see that you guys are still limping about. I just installed A6 and look forward to learning the new scripting language and the new features. See ya around.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/03/07 16:24

Yet another time it's proven, they always come back at some point.

Welcome back ,

Cheers

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/04/07 01:16

Thanks for the welcome back, PHeMoX. Always good to see yet another oldster hanging around.

Yep, we always come back sooner or later. As you can see, I came back briefly in 2004 for a peek but nothing sparked my interest. A7 most definetly made me take notice. A lot of things have changed since my last A5 update, that is for sure.
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/08/07 18:26

i was around from A5 time but dont see need to buy or upgrade to A7 yet. I get a little tired of so called new versions while it would be easier to upgrade because the old people paid a lot of money for there product.
Posted By: D3D

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/09/07 00:50

Been here since A4 and tried to get away a few times, but everytime Conitec is to release new features I needed. And GameStudio is the only suite that allow me to rapidly prototype my ideas without going grey in the process.
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/10/07 07:13

...Been around since the "fall of A5", but nobody knew me until recently. Looking forward to seeing your work Keebo, welcome back!
Posted By: Ran Man

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/11/07 18:46

I remember you from years ago.

I've been here since 2002, when there was no A6.

My current game project uses modified A5 player movement templates.

It is A5, but on the A6 engine with shaders. HAHA

The problem is that Conitec keeps inventing new stuff, and then we have to re-learn it all again. What a waste of time, sheesh.

These days, we are expected to learn A6 GUI garbage and then make a game that looks "Conitec Style" like everyone elses looks. I don't like it.

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/14/07 01:39

It has been a while. My progress with the new code is showing that very well . I have a ton of old A5 test levels that I was trying to modify but have since ditched that idea.

I am looking through the new-to-me A6 templates and doing the trial and error thing. Mostly error . But it is still fun learning.

Good to see you guys again and thanks for the welcomes.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/14/07 09:59

i've been here since A5 too (2002-ish) i was originally probably "smartjibb" or "jibb smart" but when the forum got a major overhaul some of the accounts were lost. i lost another account halfway when i couldn't find the password to the email address it was associated with. anyway, i'm here now

julz
Posted By: Wes

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/14/07 16:41

I been around since A5 back to see what a7 offers and excited to see lite-c
Posted By: JazzDude

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 06/30/07 18:53

I've been around for about five years but left for a year or so and lost my account
when some sarcastic users started polluting the mix with personal innuendos.
When they disappeared I came back. It's once again the best of forums!

Welcome back.
Posted By: ShadowFire

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 07/02/07 01:27

I'm also still around. Have not been active on this forum for quite some time but 3DGS User's Voice is still standing.

Cheers
Shad

Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 07/03/07 15:49

I am around 3DGS 4 years ago but more active recently. I bought an A5 Com and soon I bought an A5 Pro license from someone but very bad timing, 3 or 4 months later A6 released. I am so upset and haven't create anything with A5. I want A6 but can't afford to buy the upgrade "again". So I look around other engines, and of course spend(waste) a lot of money in licensing, I look more like a game engine collector.

I lost motivation on game creation and spend all my spare time on other hobbies, including learned J2ME and created a small mobile game.

So When A7 announced I can't wait to upgrade, and I think it is a perfect timing. Now I can transform my idea into reality.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 07/12/07 09:52

Hi there! Good to hear from you all. I joined the A5 bandwagon in 2000, but I'm afraid I drifted away for a while due to pressures from other projects.

Bit of a downer to see Keebo ranked as a Newbie, but I remember there were problems in migrating rankings when the forum changed - shows how long its been since Keebo posted!

A7 tempted me back, and boy does it look good! Some of my old projects (1000 multi-poly tree entities) really stretched the earlier versions to the point where I started just treated GameStudio as a prototyping tool. But now those old out-doors programs really fly.

Big thank you to JCL and the developers for keeping the code reasonably compatible between versions.

I have lots of ideas on how I'd love to use all the facilities of the new version, but I need to find out how to work 48 hours/day first!

v A7 Commercial

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 07/13/07 01:55

I hear ya about the time restraints. I haven't been able to spend as much time as I would like with the upgrade. When I finally get some ideas to try I find myself bogging down on how to implement them with the newer c-script. I get frustrated with my own incompetence and leave the project for another time.

It is good to see the forum so active with very helpful members. I spend more time copying and pasting tips and scripts than I do trying them out. But I will eventually get back to it.

Good to see you old timers still around.
Posted By: Gamesaint762

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 07/15/07 02:07

Ive been here since late 99 using A4 I believe that was release 4.13.. I still have my original CD and floppy disk key file! This engine has come a long way and I think it has the potential to be one of the greats. I will be there to see it. Hope to one actually complete my dream game... GS out.

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 07/17/07 00:12

I always got a kick out of your...GS out.

Good luck with your dream game.
Posted By: exile

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 07/28/07 11:23

I've been around since A5 first came out. I remember I picked it up in a Compusa. I had no -blamming- idea what I was doing, but I learned so much from it. I also learned that I want to make video games for a living. Thanks Conitec.
Posted By: LogantheHogan

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 08/01/07 21:08

I am formerly known as Logan Smith... I was that annoying kid who always posted questions like "How do I assign the player_walk action to a model?" That was in the A4.18 days... now here we are, and I still can't figure out level design. I'm getting quite good at C-script though (of course, right when I do, they come out with Lite-C... a whole new load of stuff to learn).
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 08/09/07 14:53

Looks like I am the only one here starting with A3? Hell, I am getting old...
Posted By: Thomas_Nitschke

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 08/09/07 15:41

Yeah, maybe
I started with A4 as well, though I'm pretty sure that was the absolute first-ever release of A4...
Posted By: LogantheHogan

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 08/11/07 07:17

@ Uhrwerk: Did you change your display name from something else to Uhrwerk? I just started seeing your name pop up everywhere recently, but if you really have been around that long then it's weird that I've gone so long having missed you completely.
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 08/12/07 23:45

it was Zeitwerk
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 08/14/07 06:10

Im a bit of a newbie, I started near the update to 6.31, I wish I had all the history you seem to all have
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 08/14/07 16:10

Quote:

Dan Silverman is here, although he mostly lurks (can't you just feel him ), and he started with A3, so you have some company. I remember the A3 days, but I was never a customer or on the old white forum with big archives section.

Quote:

I am looking through the new-to-me A6 templates and doing the trial and error thing.

That's probably the best way, but A7 templates are supposedly going to be completely different, so if you are going with A7, I don't know what to suggest. A6 temps will use c-script and A7 will use Lite-C, as well as something else (can't recall...XML files???). Anyway, that's something to keep in mind.

While there are some pretty significant changes between A6 and A7...they pale in comparison with where 3DGS was with A3-A5. A7, at least here at first, seems to be bringing the core engine up to date and getting all of those old standard features in place and laying down the groundwork for more next gen features. The fact they are going to push the FBX path (although you have to have Pro to really do anything with it) is a step in the right direction.

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 08/22/07 08:53

Quote:

@ Uhrwerk: Did you change your display name from something else to Uhrwerk?

Uhrwerk is my standard nick. When I registered here Uhrwerk was already taken by someone else I guess, however, I had a try if the name is now availble a few weeks ago and it fortunately was.
Posted By: slacer

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 10/16/07 20:22

I started with A4 Sybex but somehow missed the forum that time.
Yesterday I ordered my A7 upgrade, well not Sybex again...

- slacer
Posted By: snake67

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 10/17/07 11:12

Im here since 2001 (A4)

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 10/17/07 14:56

Quote:

A3.5 was my start
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 10/19/07 06:52

I'm here from around 2000 (A4 as well).
welcome back.

regards,
Posted By: bonecracker

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 11/06/07 15:14

i am also an old one
i started with A4 and my second GStudio-Software is A6-C.
I dont use the A4 any more...
Posted By: Eagle

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 11/15/07 03:40

I think I would be considered an old-timer... LOL!
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 11/15/07 15:37

I started right before A5 was launched, so with A4. Well I was.. like... 12 or 13 years old, and had fun with flying through blocky levels with default textures. I managed to keep that fun for a surprisingly long time though, but it lost my interest eventually. Was it A5 that the demo got colored lights? Or A6? Anyhow close to the release of A6 I returned. Lurked around on the forums but not really posting. Playing around with the demo, started to learn scripting and THEN I bought A6 when I started to like programming and designing games .
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 11/24/07 17:23

Quote:

I have lots of ideas on how I'd love to use all the facilities of the new version, but I need to find out how to work 48 hours/day first!

Did you try coffee?

Cheers
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 11/28/07 17:32

no, not just normal coffee, add this to it

http://www.getstokd.com/
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 11/28/07 22:46

I started with A5 in 2003 in the age of 12, learned scripting, bought A6/A7^^
Posted By: Kinji_2008

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/02/08 12:35

aka "Kinji"

;-) I like to pop in and see what changes have been made.
Posted By: Vadim647

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/07/08 18:26

A5 was good, when not looking at helpfile ('.pdf'!)
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/13/08 13:52

I'm here since 2002 but never used A4 and i kept myself in the background but i know many oldies of you D: Some good members are gone already, sadly.
Posted By: jonkuhl

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/18/08 17:44

I'm Anonymous_alcoholic resurrected from the dead. My older pc crashed and took half my work with it >.< so I grew discouraged and dropped it for a while. I also thought I had lost my key, which I later found in my email files so I started up again.

I'm still only using A6 though, might upgrade to A7 but there are a few things I need to work out first

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/21/08 13:38

Hey, welcome back

They all come back!
Posted By: Wolfgang_Knecht

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/11/08 12:44

Sometimes I come here to watch, what's going on.
I started in 1999 with A4, and have also worked with A5 and A6. Cause I started to program with C++/OpenGL/DirectX, I havn't done anything with 3dgs for a long time. Now I wanted to play around again, but I can't find my key. Too stupid \:\)
Posted By: maslone1

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/11/08 12:47

Hi.... i am old too ;\)
I also started with A4.... then A6 and now i work with A7.
i also dont know my old key.... \:\) i am old ..... ;\)
Posted By: RAFU

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/12/08 02:17

Been here Since A3.. Anyone remember the A3 days of Gore?
Posted By: Quad

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/12/08 09:06

i wasn't there ,but here are some nostalgia \:\)

the wedc:

the Skaph demo:

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/13/08 14:48

More A3.

http://firoball.de/games/woka3/shots.htm

Backup of parts of my very old homepage with unchanged texts - so don't ask \:D
Posted By: WolfCoder

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/24/08 17:30

I've started with something that was almost A4 a long time ago, I just now posted in the forums, but I got an A6.60 commercial and it came with the SDK so I can program the game almost entirely in C++.

I love the WED from A5 with all those nice windows and features, and hated the old old A4 WED with a passion. But I hate WED again since it doesn't have quite the look and feel of the A5/A6 WED anymore.

If I do get A7 it will be for the engine, and I hope the A7 map compiler works with A6 files and I'll mess with the GStudio folder to somehow replace the A7 WED with the A6 WED (there's actually A7 stuff already in my WED it just doesn't work yet of course).

My project is written in C/C++, so it's either going to be really easy with upgrading if I do upgrade, or much worse than if it were written all in C-Script >_<

@Firoball:
OMG that's awesome ^^ texture pixels were still squares instead of blurry dots back then~
Posted By: Christian__A

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/24/08 17:48

@WolfCode: My C++-project worked without any problems after upgrading to A7, so don't worry.

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/24/08 18:22

aand, you can get old A6 look by disabling skins in wed.
Posted By: WolfCoder

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/29/08 14:52

No, I meant the look and the feel of the dialog boxes, moving, and stuff. I didn't like the A7 WED from the trial. If the A7 map compiler works with my current .wmp then it won't be a problem anyway.

Speaking of which ^^ you can go to http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/blog/%7Ewolfcoder/index.php? to see the project in question.
Posted By: Neuro

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 05/05/08 17:10

Wow..
Posted By: FoxZero

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 07/16/08 04:29

Originally Posted By: Realspawn
i was around from A5 time but dont see need to buy or upgrade to A7 yet. I get a little tired of so called new versions while it would be easier to upgrade because the old people paid a lot of money for there product.

Thank you! That statement sums up my whole attitude towards A7! I couldn't believe it when I had to buy Acknex again! NetObjects does the same thing. They release a version, do a few updates, then a few months later, uh oh! I gotta pay $100 USD to upgrade again to get these cool features. NetObjects takes it to the extreme but I feel Acknex does the same thing.

Us A6 users with no money are left in the dust.
Did you A5 users feel the same way when A6 came out?
Posted By: LordMoggy

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/16/09 13:08

I have been lurking here since the days of A1 before Conitec bought this game engine. I must say that they have brought it a long way forward. The reason why i stay with this engine in the first place because of their hardwork and dedication. I have been on and off this board more times than you can say "Kiss my Arse". I even remember the day when JCL gave me A3 FOR FREE!!!! Thats right for free!!!! I see the work i did certainly has paid off for them wink I was also one of the early beta testers too. My hat of to JCL and the team at Conitec. Hey i dont live to far from the Conitec home Office maybe i might come work for them sometime soon if there is a vacancy in the future considering that now i live in Poland. I once lived in Australia, maybe because i was born there hahaha ;p anyway l8r have to go continue developing my Game Development skills so i can be hired by the big boys wink
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/18/09 13:16

Well if A5 is considered old school, i started with that laugh

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/18/09 19:07

Full respect to LordMoggy grin. I guess you're the winner of this thread now.

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/20/09 00:40

hehe cheers Joozey wink May you live long and prosper for those kind words ;p
Posted By: V_Software

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/29/09 12:35

Wow it's so a good feeling to turn back and see that a lot of people are still active here. I started with A5 and the A6 was my latest Version. I haven't been active in the Forums etc, just because I didn't like my "work" hehe but I always watched out to see what the guys made here. It was a beautiful time,with all those Workshops, Projects Plugins etc. that the Members created. I knew that this Engine would become a big thing, thanks to conitec and everyone here that contributed something to the community, without you the Engine would be not at this good point. For me it was after learning wdl and c-script, easier to learn c++, and I think this will be the same in the Future for the Newbies. So just continue this way Conitec and Comunity, and the Future will be even better and better hehe

ps: sorry for my bad english laugh
Posted By: broeck

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/17/09 00:06

Hello,
I started with A3, but then switched to A4 very soon, to A5 and at last to A6 three years ago. Then I quit. Also I haven't been to the forum for a long time. Perhaps someone remembers me ...
I guess, I remember at least Keebo and Firoball. If I forgot someone, sorry, I'm getting old wink
Greetings
broeck
Posted By: Vorick

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/20/09 06:21

I've been around every once in a while since I bought my A4 Sybex, followed by A5 Extra. I skipped A6 and I'm now back with A7 Commercial. Sadly I don't remember my old nickname.
Posted By: ISG

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/20/09 06:25

I started with A5, still around here making a splash every now and then.
Posted By: Mystical_one

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/20/09 07:03

Hello!

Thank you ISG for giving me a message and bringing me back here once again. Been years since I have been on this site. When I started using Game Studio was in the last stages of A5.

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 02/26/09 16:01

Sometimes i wonder why i come back frown
Posted By: not_me

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 03/14/09 22:05

ive been using gstudio since about '03 and have been in the forums since '05...
...welcome back =)
Posted By: fuxerz

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 03/21/09 02:29

3DGS,its our starting place smile
I come back too,once in a while but im happy to see that most of the old timers are still here helping people.
I've been checking these forums since a4 and its always a nice feeling to check back whenever i can.Thanks alot for the wonderful old times guys!
Posted By: Ayrus

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/20/09 22:52

Every once and a blue moon I check in and see whats new and interesting.. While I have strayed away from development and more into IT, I still like to see the goings ons. I have also watched this engine since A4, got Standard A5, and Commercial A6, and maybe every once and a while, I'll sit down and draw out a level, install the engine, build it, give some textures, and tweak the hell out of the lighting...
Posted By: er_willy

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/28/09 19:53

hello, my old nick was EGF, my english still same bad smile
I star with A4 and now use a gamestudio A6 in my work for prototypes.
I lost my olds post when the forum was moved to the new servers.

saludos !!!!
Posted By: AlexDeloy

Look what I found in the attic - 08/25/09 19:11

I was just clearing my attic when I found this...

Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 08/25/09 20:58

@Alex_Deloy:
Hohoh!! That's awesome, from where did you got that pictures? laugh

Oh well, since i didn't posted here:
I started in 2001 with A5. As far as i remember i was an anonymous user in the forum in 2005 and 2006, i always tried to register but it doesn't accepts my e-mail, but it just accepted me in August 2008. That was odd.
Posted By: Wizard1218

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 11/05/09 08:58

I bought A4 on December 31, 1999 ... almost 10 years ago! I was 14 and in 8th grade ... now I'm a year and a half out of college.

Haven't done much game programming in a long while, but for some reason got curious how good old GameStudio was doing. Many good times on this forum long ago... ah... the memories...
Posted By: poke_smot

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 11/29/09 01:24

Acknex became a problem for me, I spent way to much time writing code and not enough actually living. So when I bought my house about 4 years ago I gave it up completely (there was no middle ground for me).

This weekend I decided to play with it a little and got the same results, the day just slips away while I merrily code away locked in the house.
I was absolutely amazed how easy it was to sit down and start coding again.

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 03/19/10 19:00

Good old times (sry, German only)

Posted By: Superku

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 03/19/10 23:40

Haha das war vor meiner Zeit:
Polygon-Actors
Lite: -
Commercial: Drahtgitter
Profi (1850DM): Texturiert

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 03/20/10 09:46

Mir ist da gerade ein gewisse Ähnlichkeit in den Texturen aufgefallen Oo

Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 03/20/10 13:24

lol^^

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 03/20/10 13:41

Haha laugh es wird echt Zeit, dass sich JCL von denen trennt...
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 04/29/10 06:00

nah, those textures are classic XD
who uses standard wad anyway?

im here since A4 times, i had a different account back then though. ive lost my login data so i registered anew in 2004. that was A5 probably...

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 04/29/10 12:06

Das A3 Buch von jcl war aber wirklich klasse. Das hat mich damals so richtig motiviert, mit der Engine zu arbeiten.
Und wenn ich überleg, wie gichtlig das Ding damals eigentlich war....

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 04/29/10 14:43

Some other treasure from the good ol times: Advertisement from german gaming magazine PC Joker (<- That was the best magazine ever!)

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 04/29/10 15:09

prices in DM grin
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 10/03/10 08:33

I Am still around though more to the background as the devellopment
went to fast for me to keep track laugh Big step from A5 to 8.

But still here and enjoy some of the writings and creations found here.

Realspawn

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 10/03/10 22:29

Nice that you are still around!
Posted By: MASH

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 10/04/10 00:53

It's funny, I never thought about how long I have been using 3D GameStudio, but after seeing this topic I went browsing through my storage boxes and found this!

I guess I am one of the " Old Timers". lol
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 10/04/10 01:16

damn right LOL

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 10/17/10 10:31

I started with version 3.5 grin

Just wanted to make a photograph of it but unfortunately it seems like I did not move it yet and it's still somewhere in my parents' house.

Btw. I bought it due to the advertisement already posted by Uhrwerk (I think they also advertised in "PC Action").

edit: While talking about moving things from my parents' house... mom recently told me to clean up the cellar and finally collect my stuff...

It's like a travel back in time grin

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 10/13/17 00:48

*Giggle*, yes, I did just dug up this thread whilst spelunking into the ancient archives. I'm shocked and happy to see this beautiful steam engine is still in use laugh. Who is still here from before 2010? Hats off to you!

I still have a paper printed A5 manual laying around. When A5 came out, my dad was not happy I printed 176 pages so I could read it in bed. It survived almost 15 years laugh.

Love, Jos
Posted By: pyramide

Re: Look what I found in the attic - 08/24/19 18:23

i m still here.. since A4,A5 ....
Posted By: 3D_Train_Driver

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 09/07/19 14:04

Yes, still alive. But projects on ice since 10 years. Today I wanted to take a look at it, but nothing works anymore. problem with dlls. no idea.

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 09/07/19 14:09

Gleich mal alte Bilder von der Dusmania in Niederrhoden Rodgau. Muss mindestens 11 Jahre her sein. Firoball, Pappenheimer, ChrisB und Tobias Runde, die hätte ich jetzt so noch erkannt. Ich bin offenbar im OMG-WTF-orangen Shirt unterwegs gewesen. Von den schwarzen Haaren ist mittlerweile auch nur noch die Hälfte schwarz.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://www.newsoundfactory.de/dusimg/HPIM2314.JPG[/img]
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 09/07/19 14:32

OH WOW! Danke für die Fotos, das muss ja 'ne Ewigkeit her sein!

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 09/07/19 14:53

according to the file properties it must have been in 2006.

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 09/09/19 20:12

Oh shit...
Posted By: karmacomposer

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 09/17/19 18:09

Old timer here. I’ve been using gstudio on and off since A4 and just upgraded to A8.

Now to get it to work.

Mike
Posted By: old_bill

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 10/26/19 11:46

Die gute alte Dusmania... lang ist's her eek
Posted By: Eagle

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/21/20 21:51

I'm still around, work keeps me bound, but I try to find free time to continue my game projects. Not sure anyone would remember me, ha~

Always~
Eagle
Posted By: elsewood

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/27/20 16:02

I'm still alive, but out of GS (I have no more Windows at home). So I just left as moderator also...
Posted By: slacer

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/28/20 20:16

I just wanted to see, if GS is still a thing.
Posted By: xbox

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/29/20 23:32

I mean it exists, if that's what you're asking 😂
Posted By: codeChallenged

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 04/30/20 00:21

I see I began with A5 extra registered Wed, Dec 16, 2009. I'm old and slow, and not moving to a new system now. More Detail: I remember seeing seeing a demo [the offfice ?] and becoming very excited. I bought a copy of A4 or 5 from a 3rd party shipper, railway supply house. My interest has been developing 3D walkthroughs of the appearance of towns during our 'settlement era' of about a century ago. I've done a couple of town projects for local museums. The difficulty being that the museums have limited budgets, and developing hundreds of building models from old pictures is time consuming.

Examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4T3XP76vRo&t=57s : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTc8dVbzUs : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsZMgKirq3w&feature=youtu.be : well you get the idea. Museums usually want either the 'game'; or a walkthru I make with FRAPS.

Just continuing on building stuff from AUMs or looking at the contest demos.
Posted By: _Skillator_

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 08/21/20 03:23

I started hobby level making 3d games with a4, then upgraded to a5. I remember Keebo and Firoball who posted above(years ago now haha). I went to blitz3d for a while because it suited my style at the time, but it's RIP. I decided to become an MRI technologist for a living, but revived my passion for making games. I'm not saying what I'm using now, but it's out of Russia and it's headed downhill thanks to internal company issues. I'm still going to finally finish a game as a goal of mine and see where it goes... then maybe more. I see 3DGS is still standing strong THAT'S AWESOME! Lots more games have been made. I see the graphics and other things have been updated over time. I might take a stab and authoring a game in 3DGS sometime. Johann Christian Lotter is a cool guy, he added the ability to have two controllers that I was whinning for a long time ago! Who was the lead US programmer for a while back then who wrote a lot of the template scripts Dan something? I bearly knew what I was doing back then, I'm a little better off now.
Posted By: Wolfgang_Knecht

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 10/03/20 09:23

Wow, its been a long time. Somehow I get nostalgic, when I think back. The times when I had big dreams.
I came here by accident. I opened a new browser tab and entered coniserver.net somehow automatically (because I did that a lot many years ago ;)). The url doesn't point to 3DGS anymore but anyway, I found it. laugh
Posted By: ratz

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/02/21 19:36

Download DosBox and run DIV2 Gamestudio 2000 grin
-> it was only for MS-DOS and < win98SE and it was in Spain,too grin

...so am i startet for many many many years...

then my frind show me the games: GTA 3/V.C/ SA (that was the first OpenWorld 3D Games in the early days)
later he shown me how you can modidng it...
- he shown me the programm: ZMODELER and 3DStudioMax7 + Dff plugin ...so we sart with modeling some cars for GTA V.C/ SA in (just for fun)

many years later, i sell the book "Computerspiele Design u. Programmierung "
-> with some free GameEngines +30 Day Trial A4 Demo laugh

than i bought the magazine: Pc GAMES with 30 Sites BIG Gamestudio Extra + A5 Free and Tutorias laugh DO YOU RENEMBER ???
-> that was the real START with Progrmming !!! laugh

now i work with A8 Free sinces Years
today i use more the lite C compiler only + LiteC* and MED

-> *BEST SCRIPT LANGUAGE EVER

Posted By: ratz

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/02/21 20:45

i think the most people starts with game developing in old gta times grin ...isn't it ?

my begin was in Tony Hawk 3 times ... i was wondering till today how they made it , that you can drive and drop in Ramps, Jump and make Tricks if you press key combos
and grinding on 3d Objects Sites ect ... <- GREAT !

Posted By: Tails01

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 01/05/21 09:04

^^ I remember when I got A7 as a christmas present from my father. I was 14 or 15 grin. 2021-- So I cant call myself Oldtimer yet grin. I started programming with 9, but I always had that passion for creating 3dart and music as well. I dont know today I just remembered those countless hours I had spend with A7/8. For me it was a way to create my first very own games. Now Im 28, build up my own company and moved from germany to japan. ^^ Its funny how little had changed in this forum. (pretty rare these days)
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Any Old Timers Still Around? - 03/11/21 02:14

Just popping my head in to see who's still around. I probably have a look at these forums once every 1 or 2 years, but I used to be pretty active here back in the day. Started with A5 Standard.
© 2024 lite-C Forums