Posted By: George

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/16/15 13:08

You are most welcome, guys!
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/16/15 14:07

nice, I've been looking forward to this one laugh
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/17/15 11:13

What did i do wrong? I can see the TOC only, nothing more.
I can open the title of parts but after a click or double click nothing happens.

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/17/15 11:20

You need to unblock the chm file. Right click it, and then choose unblock.

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/17/15 11:41

Oh! Much better!
Thank you George.

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/17/15 12:28

I can see, there is a contest.
Its theme is unbound?

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/17/15 15:36

You can send any open source project.
Posted By: DexLoomer

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/18/15 19:11

Thank you for the great AI tutorial !
Is there a limit on the number of nodes and for the enemies ?

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/21/15 06:04

You are welcome. The nodes are limited to 300 per level in the demo, but you can increase the limit by playing with the arrays at the top of the ai.c file. Everything is commented.

The number of enemies is limited to 50 per level, but you can increase that limit by changing an array at the top of the script as well.
Posted By: exile

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/21/15 09:47

Hey guys, just wanted to point out a few things the multiplayer tutorial should fix/update.

1. Client and server environments are not properly mirrored, particle occur twice. To confirm I counted the number of particles on both the server and the client. For the machine gun the server had 50 particles, where as the client had 100. This can also be confirmed by adding a sound to the explosion effect, you should hear the sound once on the server and twice on the client.

2. I have yet to find a way to add sound into the "game" in a reasonable way. Example, so far I have had sounds play twice on the client and once on the server, zero times on the server and once on the client, only on the client, and only on the server.

3. The "hit" locations are inconsistent, this can be observed by having a client shoot a wall. You will notice the "bullet" patterns are different, server side appears to ignore the "accuracy" factor.

All in all this is probably the best tutorial I have ever seen, in more ways than one. If I make any improvements I will be sure to share among the community
Posted By: Superku

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/21/15 15:33

Thanks for the feedback and bug reports.
A new multiplayer template version that fixes those bugs and adds sound support has been uploaded: http://superku.de/MPTemplate3Patch1.zip
Patchnotes:

Quote:
- Fixed inconsistent hit locations.
- Dropped the "pan_tilt" compressed angles feature. Now pan and tilt are sent separately, more traffic but more precision.
- Fixed hit events being triggered twice on client computers.
- There's now a "hit_event_on_server_confirmation" variable. Set it to 1 to have server confirmed but delayed hit events or 0 for immediate hit feedback on the client (may be out of sync every now and then, visually speaking, but uses less traffic and feels better).
- Basic sound integration for weapons, items and more. Uses template sounds.

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/21/15 21:19

Perfect, thank you Felix. You actually addressed a few thing the exact same way I did lol. I will keep playing with things and and keep trying to break it. If I find any bugs or anything I will be sure to let everyone know.

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/22/15 10:07

Ok found another bug, when landing on a declining surface the jump reset doesn't activate. Example, on the first map go to the top of the tower area and face one of the declining ramps. Hold forward and jump, when you land you will keep moving forward however you will be unable to jump until the surface angle changes or or until you stop. I found that changing the "8" value to "10" resolves this issue however I am unsure how this change effects the rest of the system.

if(ent_collision.z > target.z+player_height_above_ground+1+8*time_step+48*!!(player_data[i].status&(1<<2)) || player_data[i].speed_z > 0)

CHANGE TO:

if(ent_collision.z > target.z+player_height_above_ground+1+10*time_step+48*!!(player_data[i].status&(1<<2)) || player_data[i].speed_z > 0)

Felt I should mention that

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/22/15 11:56

Oh yes, the gravity code is a little whacky. Your fix seems perfectly fine to me though.

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/25/15 11:56

One last thing, the code in the "weapon_logic" script which tells the server which sound to play when firing (local or ent_sound) does not work properly. When connected as a client the "ent_playSoundPos" sound is played instead of the local sound. This is because the "plid" value does not contain the dplay_id but rather the ID of the entity in respect to the actual array ID (0, 1, 2, etc). To fix this I replaced "plid" with "player_data[plid].clid == dplay_id" which works properly. To give a more verbose example;

if(plid == dplay_id) play_dynamic_snd_local(machinegun_fire_snd);
else ent_playsoundPos(vpos,machinegun_fire_snd,100,10000);

Change to;
if(player_data[plid].clid == dplay_id && !player_data[plid].bot) play_dynamic_snd_local(machinegun_fire_snd);
else ent_playsoundPos(vpos,machinegun_fire_snd,100,10000);

Sound works flawlessly now.

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/25/15 15:27

Oh yes, that was a mistake. Good find from you.
I will fix this when I'm back home again.

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/25/15 15:41

Noticed another issue, clients are unable to see their awarded kills. The host is able to view the kills just fine, however client players cannot. It would appear something is going wrong with the score update function. Wanted to let you know, so far I have not found a fix.
Posted By: mschoenhals

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/30/15 18:42

Wrong AUM Link?
When I click on George's link above, I get the Aum1-15 download. That's issues 1 to 15 and not issue 115. Anyone else getting the same issue? I tried the site but that doesn't appear to be updated either.

Can someone send me the correct link to AUM issue 115?

Thanks.
Posted By: mschoenhals

Re: Aum 115 ready - 12/30/15 19:13

Ah!
I found it on the site! For any other nubes who need the link, try this one:
http://www.coniserver.net/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/aum/aumonline_e/

Re: Aum 115 ready - 01/04/16 08:03

Happy new year! The link works fine here. Must have been a server glitch.
© 2024 lite-C Forums