Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ !! :)

Posted By: Anonymous

Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ !! :) - 06/23/06 16:24

Hi guys with $,

I uploaded new models on my site BASILSTUDIO

The site is fresh and new i plan to expand the tutorial section and also add
some free models (i sell the bad ones and give u the good ones for free thats the plan ..)

-

-

Posted By: FoxHound

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/23/06 16:33

User contributions is for .... contributions. You need to post this in either "tools" or "job wanted"
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/23/06 17:15

FoxHound: This has been discussed several times and most users find it okay to see commercial distributions here as well
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/23/06 20:47

That's borring commercial should be in naother place, not contributions .

contribution means something given not for money

and the monsters are ok for RTS , for another type of game the first is very very low poly , too low poly for my taste
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/23/06 20:58

Quote:

No it doesn't. To contribute is to give. Period. You can do it freely or charge for it. He's not keeping these models to himself; thus he is contributing it to the community but for a price. Enough of this semantics crap.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/23/06 21:12

Even though i was one of the ones that thought user contributions should only be for free stuff , I'm starting to think posting producs here is a good thing as well , all the best stuff is the commercial stuff , the only stuff that can actually be usefull for a game developer , i'd much rather have someone selling a good model pack than someone giving away a model of a foot from a model they were making to learn modelling and never finished , so having commercial products is definately a good thing , look at the content from cubix studio , and loopix , and gamebeep , definately proffesional work at very affordable indie prices , i'm happy to see that type of work being offered at indie prices , and dont see whats wrong with this people advertising their products on user contributions , out of all the forums it sounds like it's the adequate one , i wouldnt click on the help wanted forum or the tools forum to look for assets , free or commercial , but when i click the user contributions then thats exactly what i'm looking for.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/23/06 21:28

Quote:

and the monsters are ok for RTS , for another type of game the first is very very low poly , too low poly for my taste

Cant agree on that, on a turn based RPG, these models would look great as well... heck, even on a real time RPG they would

Good job, keep it up!

regards,
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/24/06 08:31

Quote:

Quote:

Cant agree on that, on a turn based RPG, these models would look great as well... heck, even on a real time RPG they would

Good job, keep it up!

regards,

Right on dennis
Posted By: ISG

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/24/06 12:59

Definition of 'Contribution'

Code:
A voluntary gift (either free of charge, or payment)

That's what the dictionary says, and that's what I say. Found that definition in one of my home dictionaries
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/24/06 13:49

Very low poly but with a lot of style!
Posted By: JimFox

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/24/06 17:01

Well, for what it's worth, I agree with Orange Brat. I can't see what harm there is in posting new models for sale here. I also agree that it fits the dictionary definition of "contribution" well enough. I like to know about the availability of these things. For those trolling for freebies, it only takes a second to check it and move on.
Regards,
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/25/06 02:14

I'm fine with commercial contributions, but things like "STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $!" are a bit misleading, and you're going to surely get people complaining. You're better of approaching it more conservatively if you post in this forum, otherwise try in General Tools or Jobs Wanted.
Posted By: Grimber

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/25/06 04:21

forum community should adopt a [Free] or [Sale] add to subject line just as was done for other topics like Tutorials
Posted By: testDummy

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/25/06 04:44

I favor practical organization. I'm not claiming that users don't have the right to post products in the "User Contributions" category, nor am I arguing whether or not the definition of "contribution" partially validates that right. I don't think that a system that mixes "free contributions" and "commercial products for sale" is optimally organized. If I am searching for quality "commercial" products for sale for independent developers, maybe I don't want to wade through incomplete or inferior freebies of less than "commercial" quality. Alternately, maybe I am on a strict budget and am merely browsing through "freebies", perhaps, because I hope I might find something that might be useful later. I may not want to search through "commercial" products for sale when searching for freebies. I think that maybe the items might be more properly organized with two thread categories, something similar to: "Free User Contributions" and "User Products for Sale".

I think that the majority of the items in "User Contributions" are free, so there might be certain assumptions. Regardless as to actual intentions, people don't like to feel fooled, temporarily or otherwise. Some individuals might feel fooled when clicking on what they may have thought was a "free contribution" but was instead, an "advertisement for a product". This might be similar to selecting an item for reading which looks like normal email correspondence, but is actually spam.

If I was searching for quality "commercial" resources to purchase, I probably wouldn't even bother searching in the "User Contributions" thread category, unless I had accidently encountered items for sale when looking for freebies, which I remembered. In such a case, I would then have to wade through the "freebies" to find the actual product I remembered seeing accidently.

If you are searching for products to purchase, you may not want to waste your time searching through that which may be irrelevant.
If you are merely browsing for "freebies", you may not want to waste your time searching through that which may be irrelevant.

Of course, it may be in the interests of those that are selling products to post "advertisements" everywhere possible.
Posted By: danthaman015

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/25/06 05:02

anyway, back to the fuckin models...
Posted By: ICEman

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/26/06 02:56

Maybe there should be a "marketplace" Section.. so this sort of mix up can be weeded out in the future..

Nice models.. but typically Contributions is for donated stuff. Just sayin.. it is what it is.
Posted By: VPrime

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/26/06 05:35

Quote:

what do you mean back to the models? I mean every one has been ontopic.. besides this isnt the showcase forum to be talking about the models..
Either a thank you or "awesome" would be on topic.. but in this case "costs too much" or "why isnt this free" also is on topic
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/26/06 07:23

Hi guys,
thanks for bumping up my thread like whoa
If a moderator thinks this belongs to tools section he can move this thread and i will post all new stuff there from then on.
Posted By: danthaman015

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/26/06 09:21

Quote:

Quote:

what do you mean back to the models? I mean every one has been ontopic.. besides this isnt the showcase forum to be talking about the models..
Either a thank you or "awesome" would be on topic.. but in this case "costs too much" or "why isnt this free" also is on topic

this thread was just about what forum it belongs in, who cares, just move the thread and deal with it.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 06/27/06 17:52

Quote:

forum community should adopt a [Free] or [Sale] add to subject line just as was done for other topics like Tutorials

I agree, let's make a sticky with exactly this rule in it ...

(For this particular thread, the "stay away if u short on $" already gave away it's intentions though, so I don't really understand the complaints here ..)

The models are nice, but at the moment I don't need them,

Edit: I've just looked around a bit on your site, but the abs of that male are off, his six pack ends way up near his ribs, that's very unreal hehehehe...

Cheers
Posted By: draculaFactory

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 08/04/06 04:48

Not short on cash, but plimus requires a confirmed shipping address... for... a... downloadable item? LOL! I'm not sharing credit card info just so I CAN buy with... actual... money... lol
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 08/04/06 14:09

this is completely off topic (dont judge me ) but slizzer, that has to be the best quote ever in your sig.

Posted By: Yu_Une

Re: Animated Monsters (STAY AWAY IF U SHORT ON $ ! - 08/06/06 09:08

Quote:

That a good ideal
@ Bas the price on your models is pretty good do you do custom work?
© 2024 lite-C Forums