cobblestone texture

Posted By: sempronius

cobblestone texture - 07/16/05 09:13

I've been working on different ways to create ground cobblestone like textures,

so, here is a freebie. C&C please.

*note - this texture didn't come from a photo that was simply offset and cleaned up with the healing and clone brush but has been created using several different source images.

- S
Posted By: Bilbo

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/16/05 11:03

nice if im not wrong this is the floor that was drooled over in the barrel thread, thanx for donating

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/16/05 11:24

the floor in the barrel thread was a different texture that I grabbed from another game but I am trying to recreate that same sort of thing.

I need to play around with some different combinations of images to see if I get some better results.

- S
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/16/05 15:24

nice, but the stones are flat. Maybe itīs what you wanted. To get the stones more 3D add a layer add (in adobe ps negative multiply) the layermode and airbrush with a greybrown in the center of the stones on the new layer with 95% transparency (adobe ps 14%power) until itīs ok. You can also add a bit shadow and some other effects, that was just a short discription.
Posted By: AndrewSwallow

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/16/05 15:34

pretty nice

also i agree with ex citer

keep it up

andrewds
Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/16/05 16:47

Yea was gunna say does look the the floor from the barrels post... Very nice contribution too may i say Thanks alot allways love getting new textures.
Posted By: Nicolas_B

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/16/05 19:36

The texture looks very good.
Good job!

Greeting Imp!
Posted By: Inestical

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/16/05 22:14

Looks great, but i agree with Ex Citer

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/17/05 08:29

Yeah, I thought it looked kinda flat myself... cobblestones are actually flat since they are used as roads, but I agree, they do need something more and need to appear more 3D and bumpy.

I'll figure it out eventually. I've narrowed down 'how' to make them and now it's just nailing the details to get everything looking right.

- S
Posted By: Helghast

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/17/05 11:03

*bumpmapping anyone *

anyway, nice texture, thanks

regards,
Posted By: Firestorm

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/17/05 13:30

If you have Photoshop, you could just select the individual rocks, create a new layer from the selection (select "Layer by Copy") and apply the Bevel filter to it, I just tested it and it looks quite nice

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/17/05 22:03

there is a slight bevel on the rocks already but i'll play around with it some more.

- S
Posted By: bupaje

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/18/05 03:11

Nicely done. Looks good.

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/18/05 23:19

ok, here is another one.

It's not 100% seamless yet, I forgot to fix it.

- S
Posted By: Firestorm

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/19/05 02:44

Perfect

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/22/05 08:31

ok 2 more... i think i've got it, did i get it? or is it back to the drawing board?

btw, my bandwidth is getting close to its limit so images might not come up.

Posted By: Bilbo

Re: cobblestone texture - 07/22/05 12:50

host the images on imageshack saves u a hell of a lot of bandwidth, pretty good but the grasss stands out a lil to much on the one
© 2024 lite-C Forums