Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game Beep!

Posted By: clone45

Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game Beep! - 06/12/05 02:39

Hello!

After many weeks, the new Medieval Building Texture pack is available at Game Beep. Created by our very own Sempronius, the basic pack contains 400 (!!) textures in .dds format for $20. I've included some instructions on the site on how to convert these to .bmp. Supposedly .dds format will be supported natively by GameStudio in the future.

Visit www.gamebeep.com for more information.

Most happily,
- Bret
Posted By: Drittz_Dourden

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game Beep! - 06/12/05 05:08

**drool** aw man i am gonna so buy these, he does good skinning for me and vince...so we gotta support him....and THERE FREAKIN SWEET!!!!!

Daniel
Posted By: Loopix

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/12/05 08:20

Yeep...just bought these great textures! Thanks Sempronius for being so pruductiv and thanks clone45 for distributing this great stuff.

Some sugestions (to clone45):
Make clear that you offer only electronic purchase (via download)...or are you offering shipping too?
Offer a jpeg-format version as option (easy to convert and small in file-size).
Give information about the download-file size.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/12/05 09:36

there do look greast i gotta admit

@loopix

i wouldnt offer jpg either, the quality is real bad, and after conversion to tga or whatever, the quality will never be as good as the original tga file.

regards,
Posted By: draculaFactory

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game Beep! - 06/12/05 12:26

Been wondering when you guys were gonna do fantasy textures!!!! $@%*#%^#!#$%#%^ sweet! Can I come live in San Francisco too?

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game Beep! - 06/12/05 16:53

Loopix,

Great suggestions! I'm only offering digital distribution. I'll clarify that on the site for sure. As Dennis noted, unfortunately .jpg compression would clobber the quality.

I'll certainly add the download size to the product information. I'll try to get that done today!

EDIT: Added file size and clarified distribution through download only.

Thanks for the feedback! It's my pleasure to host such awesome content!
- Bret
Posted By: William

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/12/05 22:50

Looks great! A suggestion for us slower 28k users would be the ability to download the textures in segments instead of one big download? Or, is it already like that? Thanks.

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/12/05 23:45

Hi William!

Hmm. Segmented downloads eh? I'll have to give that some thought. I'm not sure how to pull that off yet. Right now, you're subject to a substantially large download. Spreading the product between multiple .zip files sounds like an obvious solution, but changing the way that the .zip files are associated with the item id in the database could take me a while. What if instead of breaking up the downloads, I handle it like Torque does: I always allow you to come back and download your products? That way, for instance if your hard drive crash or the download fails, you can always retrieve your product?

Obviously, if your download fails, I'll take care of you!! I'm all about keeping customers happy!!

Cheers!
- Bret
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/13/05 11:09

hmm. i wish i had money, so i coulda look them.. but looking at screen, looks nice, actually veery good
Posted By: Alkai

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/13/05 13:44

Excellent texture pack, my friend.

I will certainly be purchasing.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/13/05 14:11

These are great textures for sure. I will buy them when I start to create a fantasy world. The only thing that makes me wonder is the DDS format. When I have to convert 400 textures manually then it could get a real pain.

But I can remember that 3dgs will support this format directly in the future. So it could be that there will be no problem at all.

Best regards,
Frank
Posted By: Loopix

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/13/05 14:21

Frank, I first thought the same but with the converter they suggest on gamebeep it will take you only a minute.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/13/05 14:34

Thanks Loopix but in that case I should have Photoshop for the batch conversion. So I have to buy the texture pack and Photoshop. May be there is another solution that I don't know.
Posted By: Nicolas_B

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/13/05 15:05

Hello

that are really good textures. I could use it really well. Mach further so. The Ressoucen becomes ever better.

Greeting Imp

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/13/05 15:29

Hi Whine!

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but if you wish to review all of the textures before buying, a complete set of thumbnails are available here:

http://www.gamebeep.com/textures/showcase3/index.html

Take care everyone!
- Bret
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/13/05 17:35

they look good

cheers
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/15/05 06:08

thinking of buying the uber pack...
dunno where to get the money from, i also want to buy both new tenchu games...
we'll see what time brings *sunday birthday, let's see what comes out of that, lol*

thanks for the great website!

regards,
Posted By: sempronius

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/17/05 07:31

Just wantet to throw in that there are actually 3 texture packs to choose from...

A cleaner looking set of 400 texutures, a dirtier set of 400 textures and a uber set that containes all 800 textures from the clean and dirty sets plus an additional 100+ textures (I forget the exact number).

DDS is in the gamestudio future forcast and it's very easy to set up an automated batch conversion with photoshop to convert them to BMP or whatever format you choose.

- S
Posted By: Daedelus

Re: Fantasy Building Textures - for sale at Game B - 06/17/05 07:49

In case anyone needs 'em:

Nvidia DDS thumnail viewer (uses windows explorer)
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/dds_thumbnail_viewer.html

Nvidia DDS plugin for photoshop (allows reading and writing)
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html
© 2024 lite-C Forums