Posted By: 3DRTcom

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 06/24/15 21:35

Bullhounds
Posted By: Gino_Fabrizio

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 06/24/15 23:27

Looks nice! Its a shame Im poor frown xD
Posted By: Superku

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 06/25/15 17:31

I've bought quite some models/ packs on your page over the years (usually when they are on sale) and I'm not telling you how to do your business but I'd buy a lot more of them if they were cheaper.

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 06/28/15 22:33

$29 is still to much for such pack?
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 06/29/15 08:20

I must agree with superku. I bought the last 10 or much more years model packs from your side. And I always was very impressed by the quality. But time has changed. Just take a look at comparable products on the unity asset store - you have some models there, I know. But the concurrence is hard and most models reach your status of quality and cost less. Anyway... I wish you the best luck for the future.

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 06/29/15 14:07

$29 is still too much for such pack?
Posted By: Superku

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 06/29/15 15:55

I wasn't really talking about the current packs on sale but other models/ packs, for example the Minotaurs and elemental Golems packs. I like them both and would add them to my next project but in reality they are just one mesh with different skins (which is cool, don't get me wrong) and I really cannot afford to spend 60 or 100 bucks on one enemy.

Maybe add a student/ indie/ lone wolf license with reduced/ halved prices or better reduce all prices (individually/ where applicable) and increase the prices for bigger studios. I've seen other art asset pages do a 2 license business stuff before. Or just do one license and re-evaluate your pricing, check other sides, stores and compare.
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 07/02/15 09:30

I just visited the asset store in unity, searched for toon characters with the highest price option.
So directly compare this stuff
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/category/20/page/14/sortby/price
and then go to the lower prices and watch out for the quality.
Like this for 40Bugs
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15029

Yes I know, it is not my right or job to give other guys some advices
but maybe this could be the answer to questions like "$29 is still too much for such pack?"

Anyway... you are the leader in putting out stuff with the highest prices... but the concurrence is very hard in quality and pricing. Only my personal opinion.

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 07/05/15 14:58

Fishman monster. Promo price $29.

Sketchfab demo.
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 08/07/15 19:38

Actually I think the problem with asset prices is that there so many different groups of customers that buy assets for completely different reasons.

Most people here are buying assets for solely the pleasure of seeing them in their projects and have therefore a really tight budget.

And I do not know whether hobbyist should be your target audience, but maybe a non-commercial license could generate reliable revenue on the assetstore.
If you get 10x the sales on 1/4 of the price I would know what I would go for.
Maybe you could try this is out in a safe space with a 24 hour offer on the unity asset store?

Just what came to my mind when reading the debate laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 08/09/15 03:45

Packs suck, you are trying to sell the same things to every game dev from unity all the way down to our small community. You put a lot of work in to a product but want to sell it on a mass scale, like plush toys. However 3d games are unique and specialized, each demanding original content. So your business model sucks! As for fact, if you could sell enough of these models to the Unity users, you wouldn't even be on this site!

So how do you make money at the 3d model game.
1) create a large library of base models of many types and shapes
2) show the base model
3) accept customers sketches and designs for modifying you base into there og content
4) modify the base and sell the new mod with exclusive rights

Maybe you have sold 100 hell hound packs, but if i play 3 games with your same hell hounds I'll stop buying the unoriginal content from lazy devs and even lazier modelers.

Mal
Posted By: Slin

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 08/09/15 11:18

@Malice your post is kinda offensive. This has nothing to do with people being lazy, instead it is all about money and time. A single custom character with animations at a high quality will usually take several days and depending on different factors it can also take a lot longer than that. As a result such a model will always cost at least a few hundred bucks and most people are not willing to pay that.
But if you want something custom and are willing to pay for it just contact someone selling packs and I am sure they will help you.

About the pricing discussion: I think 29$ for a pack might be fine, especially because the quality is above average. But paying more then 100$ for a pack is something the majority of people probably won't do. I would buy any of those packs if I really needed them, but I would for example just buy them if they would cost only 20$ even though I don't have a specific use case.
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: 3DRT - game models packs - 08/10/15 16:07

Originally Posted By: Malice
However 3d games are unique and specialized, each demanding original content. So your business model sucks!
, not really, in a perfect world; everything would be unique and we (/indies) would all have major development teams to create all our assets ourselves at high quality. But we don't live in that world and we don't always have money to hire modelers or even expand the dev team. Packs offer here a solution to still being able to produce games with graphics within a limited time and/or money budget.

In the cases its either:
- packs
- no or very simplistic / arty graphics
- stealing someone elses stuff
- graphics that suck

I think we can all agree that the first 2 are preferable, and that the 2nd is not always possible (e.g. some games benefit from realistic graphics, or e.g. you need to be skilled/giften to create arty graphics).
© 2024 lite-C Forums