Shade-C 0.90 water for A8

Posted By: sivan

Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 03/27/13 09:51

hi

as I mentioned I made this little Shade-C water conversion for A8 last week, without touching other parts of Shade-C 0.90. everything is detailed in the attached readme.txt file. 3 sample terrains are included and some other entities, and a character can be controlled to walk the scene throughout and check water behaviour.
I suggest you to tweak all the parameters to get a water you like, in the files I mention in the readme.txt, or wait for the next MapBuilder update where it will be possible in real time on a simple panel.
it supports now 16:9 screens, PSSM shadows, single skin or multiskin terrains using terraintex.fx, fog, HDR, but when you include sc_Dof.h and .c, you should always apply mtl_hdr, what you can disable afterwards immediately, as described in main.c to not to get a black screen.
corrections, improvements, donations welcome laugh
and of course, thanks for BoH_Havoc for this great collection!

link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dak89ou5r04z2xe

features:

water with dynamic depth:

water without depth:

water with static depth map:

modified 3DGS mirrorwater:

Posted By: gri

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 03/27/13 10:42

hot, thanx sivan
Posted By: 3run

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 03/27/13 11:39

thanks mate

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 03/28/13 09:56

wow, 52 downloads within a day laugh it means it is worthy to do similar things laugh (to be honest it was not a huge work, but was useful for learning view settings for me)

a little suggestion:
in sc_core.h at line 50 you can replace SC_OBJECT *myData = malloc(sizeof(SC_OBJECT)); with SC_OBJECT *myData = (SC_OBJECT*)sys_malloc(sizeof(SC_OBJECT)); for safety as it is freed by the engine on exit. or you can free it via water entity's skill99 before removing the water entity (maybe needed when loading a new level).
Posted By: gri

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 03/28/13 19:36

sivan , great contribution = big fame laugh

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 05/30/13 09:05

I just realized that to avoid water wave flickering, commenting the following line in sc_water.fx helps, without any effect on the shader quality or errors:

v = v + float3(10000.0f, 10000.0f, 10000.0f); // hack to avoid negative numbers
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 05/30/13 09:14

When I run the "main.c", it says

Code:
Can't open SHADE-C.C
Error compiling SHADE-C.C

crazy

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 05/30/13 11:41

I downloaded to check any zipping issue but it work fine for me.

after 134 downloads, I got no any error report so far, only from you. thus no idea, maybe folder path is too long. but what is shade-c.c?
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 05/30/13 12:05

Ah, sorry, it was an error due to the existence of spaces in the folder name. Had to set max_entities to a higher value, though, but it works now.
Posted By: DLively

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 06/24/13 18:32

Beautiful laugh
Unrelated question, and I am sorry - How Did you get your terrain to be so big, and not fuss up the fps? Im still trying to learn these things laugh

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 06/25/13 06:46

thanks. the terrain is really not special. I use normally 128x128 quants as triangle size (the larger the faster ; the smaller the better resolution), 32 as chunk size (default), and the total terrain size is also the multiple of chunk size as described in the manual. there are a few terrains included in this package in different sizes, some of them have 1 large skin + a small detail skin, or tiled skins using a slightly modified (mirror effect compatible) terraintex.fx fixed function effect. no magic laugh
Posted By: Nems

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 06/25/13 06:54

Amazing stuff, really enjoyed playing with the level and quite like your move code as well....thanks....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 06/25/13 20:05

First let me say this is beautiful. But I had problems

No sure why but I have to increase max_entities as I got a not enough reserved error. Easy fix.

The other problem - It choked on my weak system. It ran at 1 fps or lower. My system is weak so I am pm(ing) you my system configuration to help you determine "minimum system requirements"

Thank you for the this contribution.
Mal
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 06/25/13 22:20

@Malice

this is strange... (if your hardware isn't extremely outdated)
maybe there's a bug or shade-c uses some stuff which your hardware doesn't support.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Shade-C 0.90 water for A8 - 06/25/13 23:47

@Kartoffel

It is the Intel HD Graphics 3000, built on the super slow i3 chip. The company that sold me the laptop told me that I would be able place a Nvidia or ATI card in after buying it. I knew the Intel solution was crap. But it turned out after I had saved for the new graphics card that the laptop didn't have a expansion slot. And because it was many months after the sale they refuse to refund the product. They are Liars, twice they lied about what I was buying. Shame on me for not learning. The company by the way is a well know U.S.A brand *ELL.com.

May someone has a simple debug script that uses a panel and return Boolean for the needed functions, Then I could tell you if one or more failed.
© 2024 lite-C Forums