DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals

Posted By: DEX

DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/01/12 09:21

Dear Friends,
We just published new pack for you: Birds - animated animals by 3DBud

This pack contains 5 birds (including the male and female variations).
Additional textures for normal, height, spec and opacity maps are included (up to 2048 px).

FBX format included.

First week discount offer only 14.99€
instead of 19.99€

More details on: www.dexsoft-games.com
Posted By: fogman

Re: DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/01/12 10:52

I would by it if the ducks would have a fly animation.
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/01/12 12:07

I guess the ducks have the same flying animation as the raven? Dexsoft will use the same bones if they are smart wink
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/01/12 12:19

Ducks don`t fly most of the time. I`d program a little AI script that lets some ducks walk through the level and sometimes rest somewhere on the ground. Maybe they could make use of the water zones, too. That`s great for the atmosphere and you don`t need pathfinding for this. Programming a bugfree "flight script" is a hard job if you want to make it good.
Posted By: fogman

Re: DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/01/12 12:26

Yes I know. But ducks in nature (not in towns) are afraid if you come near to them and they will fly away. Not much, and not for long, but they will.
At least they do when I come around with my canoe. tongue

Re: DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/01/12 12:41

Maybe you could make the animation by yourself or just don`t let the ducks get too near to the player (don`t place and let them walk into the gameplay area). smile

If you`ll buy it (I think it`s worth it): You should work with an LOD system for the ducks and/or reduce the texture size. A 1024x1024 texture and 1350 tris per duck (when placing ~10-15 ducks in the level plus some flying ravens and maybe one or two cocks) is a bit too much for us I think. Of course you could experiment around with it, but we should stay on the current performance level.
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/02/12 01:27

Originally Posted By: Rondidon
Maybe you could make the animation by yourself or just don`t let the ducks get too near to the player (don`t place and let them walk into the gameplay area). smile

If you`ll buy it (I think it`s worth it): You should work with an LOD system for the ducks and/or reduce the texture size. A 1024x1024 texture and 1350 tris per duck (when placing ~10-15 ducks in the level plus some flying ravens and maybe one or two cocks) is a bit too much for us I think. Of course you could experiment around with it, but we should stay on the current performance level.
When I buy models I expect them to do what they be expected to be in real life (obviously within reason).

Would you buy a raven which didn't fly and hope for people to buy it just for distant GFX? Similarly with buying a human who has 101 attack and defening animations but no death animation?

There's a reason people buy these models, which is mainly because they can't create and animate them themselves. Asking them to do so for the sepcific use they require is somewhat (just my opinion here) absurd. laugh
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/02/12 08:12

You can see all animations in the video at our website. We bundled a couple of different birds for a good price to make an attractive animal package. If that works fine, we will make more animal bundles in the future.

Re: DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/02/12 10:49

JCL answer. smile But yes, you`re right, of course.
Posted By: sivan

Re: DEXSOFT-Games: Birds animated animals - 03/02/12 11:17

grin grin
© 2024 lite-C Forums