Simple animation requested

Posted By: exile

Simple animation requested - 11/07/09 20:13

Hello hello 3DGS community. I am currently in the process of developing a game called Metal Slug: Rebirth. I currently have the character models finished, however I am in need of some simple animations. All I need are the following.

Run
Crouch
Crouch-Walk
Jump
Death_a
Death_b

As you can see, my request is very simple, I just lack the skills to animate. Also, the only requirement I ask is to try to get the animations as close to the metal slug style as possible as well as to NOT animate the arms except for the death animations since I will be using blend frames for those. If anyone would like to take this challence please message me and I'll send you the model. Also, I already have it rigged but if you want to re-rig it you may do so. Thank you very much laugh
Posted By: 3dworld

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/09/09 23:21

Can you post some pictures of the model(s)? I will like to help you. but I have a couple of questions:

It's a paid job or is free?
What about the copyright?
If you goint to publish your game. What's going to be our income for been your animator?

Don't get me wrong but this is an industry with a lot of competence and at the end the only target of creating a game is because is going to be published. All that beside the fact that all the people on the forum love make games.

Best regards.

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/11/09 10:24

Well the game isn't going to be published since the source material is copyrighted. To be honest, I am making this fan game to put in my portfolio as well as put on the internet for others to enjoy for free. But, if you would like I could pay you. Oh and anyone who contribute will be credited and possibly contacted for future work. I like to build loyalty with my friends, so who knows, maybe we could be working on a big project some day.

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/12/09 15:59

OK. That sounds good to me.
Can you post some pictures of the characters should be animated.

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/12/09 22:36

No problem. Here ya go.

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/14/09 03:11

OK let's do it.

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/14/09 19:32

Message Sent. And thank you!

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/15/09 01:19

One little question, what about the gun?

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/15/09 21:40

Ah, the gun doesn't need to be animated as I plan on just attaching it to the "Hand" bone(If bones provided) or just use vertex attachment. Essentially, try to animate the model WITHOUT animating the arms as I plan on blending the "Aim" animations with the other animations.

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/16/09 01:05

OK. so It will be:

Run
Crouch
Crouch-Walk
Jump
Death_a
Death_b
Aim

WITHOUT ANY HAND ANIMATION

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/16/09 15:30

Correct laugh With an exception of the "Aim" animation and the "death" animations, the arms and hands shouldn't be animated. "Death_a" should have the player killed from the front and "Death_b" should be if he were killed from the back. Oh, and there is one bore animation that I realized I need but its up to you to do it laugh Just a simple slice with a knife, but only the arms should be animated. So the list should look something like this (The ** means without arm/hand animations).

Run**
Crouch**
Crouch-Walk**
Jump**
Death_a
Death_b
Aim
Stab

Also, here are some reference animations for ya as well as some gameplay footage.

Animations 1
Animations 2
Gameplay 1
Gameplay 2

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/16/09 23:22

OK smile

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/18/09 14:52

The animation work is in progress. Sorry the delay but my job and the school in the evenings takes a lot of my time; but I'm working on it. I expect to end it by the end of the week.

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/20/09 10:03

Its ok man, take your time laugh Your help is MUCH appreciated.

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/22/09 01:07

It is done! Check your messages for the link and let me know.

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/23/09 12:16

FABULOUS WORK! I definitely love the animations and they seem VERY metal slug-ish. Thank you so much, Your contribution will be credited laugh

Re: Simple animation requested - 11/23/09 14:52

You are welcome dude.
© 2024 lite-C Forums