[free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios Dev Resource Site [REVIVED!]

Posted By: lostclimate

[free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios Dev Resource Site [REVIVED!] - 05/19/09 06:39

The Lost Climate Studios Dev site is back and better than ever. As an introductory offer the Acknex community Is able to download free items, as well as get them on sale! Currently two items are up. One is a 3D tree from our soon to be released tree pack. It is free and contains a fully normal mapped (from sculpt) tree with all shaders and textures directly in the model file so that it can be dropped directly in your levels.
The second item is our Metal and Brick/Stone pack, as seen previously on gamebeep.com for $4.00, $3.50 on our site, and now on grand opening sale for $3.00.

Head on over at:
http://lostclimatestudios.com

also seen in my signature.

Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios Dev Resource Site [REVIVED!] - 05/19/09 11:47

Nice! Thanks smile

EDIT: The file is damaged.

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios Dev Resource Site [REVIVED!] - 05/19/09 14:33

ok, recently recieved information that the downloads arent working properly
pm me if you had some of these errors.

EDIT: and we are back up and running
pm me if you have any more problems, cowabanga, you can go ahead and redownload that tree model.

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios Dev Resource Site [REVIVED!] - 05/19/09 19:37

Wow, I'd have thought a free offer would have been taken advatage of by more that 2 people but so far only 2 people have dl'd it. Looks like I need to put more stuff up quicker laugh

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios Dev Resource Site [REVIVED!] - 05/19/09 22:19

New Updates! 5 new models for sale, fully normal mapped from high poly sculpts. Visit during the rest of the month to get the sale price! Buy all 5 in the pack and get it for even cheaper!
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios Dev Resource Site [REVIVED!] - 05/20/09 15:24

Now i can enjoy it. Thanks laugh

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios Dev Resource Site [REVIVED!] - 05/20/09 15:42

might want to redownload it now laugh the shader that was in it before was the wrong one laugh check the screenshots again, it much better now.

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/21/09 01:02

Tree Pack Full now available at:

http://lostclimatestudios.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=14

Order before the end of May and get a $10.00 discount!

Description:

The Forest Package, 9 models sculpted out of high polygon models and retopologized for high normal map quality. Quickly click together a full forest of trees, dead logs and ground cover to give your level that little extra immersiveness it needs to really pull in ythe player. The models are in the MDL format and is already set up with a normal map, with the shaders already integrated in the file. The models are ready to go and should look just like the shown screens when dropped into your levels.

All models can also be purchased separately on the site.

The shader(s) (or derived from shaders) can be found at the 3D Game Studio Wiki:
http://www.opserver.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Tris:

* Log: 310
* Stump: 96
* Mushroom: 160
* Log: 180
* Grass: 16
* Tree1: 598 Leaves1: 724
* Tree2: 534 Leaves2: 2180
* Tree3: 878 Leaves4: 40
* Tree4: 422 Leaves4:288

Textures: Diffuse X 9: 1024^2 Normal X 4: 1024^2 Leaf-Diffuse X 4: 512^2

Sale offer ends 6/1/09!
Posted By: DLively

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/21/09 21:28

Wow! Nice stuff wink Fair prices too.

I'll have to go shopping soon... smile

Cheers.

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/21/09 22:31

Thanks, I am just getting started too, keep an eye out for more things going up. laugh

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/23/09 04:24

well since i posted this, only two people have downloaded the free model on this site so my question to the community is why. Wondering if it is a quality issue, or if it's because you need to register to download it and if that's the issue what it would take you to register (more free models, more model types, etc)
Posted By: MadMark

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/24/09 00:08

What is the purpose of registration? What benefit does it offer YOU and what benefit to ME?

Mark

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/24/09 01:43

if offers the ability for me to see what most users like to allow you guys more content that you enjoy. and it offers you a free model laugh

Edit: the reason it gives me the ability is that i can see how many unique visitors downloaded specific products.

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/24/09 03:32

yes but its more convenient for people to just go to the website and download free models, cause its fast, and since a free model is exciting, people want it fast!

If you want to know what people like, leave them a space to type something, and ask...

Cheers smile

Edit: Plus you have lots to type in for your registration; Why do you need my address or telephone? And, before this last post, I didn't even see that I could register to your website smile

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/24/09 08:27

Well currently i use a site management system that i have to go in and manually edit the css and php to change things (it took me almost 10 hours just to set it up so that I can post free content) so it takes a lot change the registration page but i may look into that. thanks for the idea.
Posted By: goanna

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/24/09 08:50

Registration to a web site also aids in security. Though I have never had people register at my web sites I do insist people register for my forums. Asking for a person's telephone number doesn't do much for security unless you're accessing an international telephone database and checking authenticity, not likely. I'd suggest keeping the registration but drop some "very personal, unnecessary" information requests. If I were to register at a web site insisted on getting my phone number I'd leave. Listing your phone number should always be an "option" anyway.
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/24/09 16:18

Easiest way, lc, is to just add some php and .htaccess code to the site and then you can moniter downloads without requiring registration wink

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [TREE PACK FULL RELEASE] - 05/24/09 21:20

I might think about it,

In the mean time, i changed the registration page, now you just put your first last name in, email, country, and password

I was going to take country out two, but it's nice seeing where everyone is from.

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [LONDON BUS RELEASE] - 05/26/09 04:49

http://lostclimatestudios.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=15

Newest product, the london bus!

Created in a low poly fashion this bus with animated wheels is just what you need to spruce up that city level. Created with an integrated Surface-Normal Map, Spec Map, and proper shader, this bus should look just like these screens when shown in your levels.

The shaders (or derived from shaders) can be found at the 3D Game Studio Wiki:
http://www.opserver.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Tris: 888
Textures: Diffuse: 1024^2, Normal:: 1024^2, Spec: 1024^2

Price: $5.00

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [LONDON BUS RELEASE] - 05/26/09 15:50

thats gunna take tons of resources, for something that you might only pay atention to it for, 5-8 seconds max.., depending on the game.

looks good. a bit blurry tho.

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [LONDON BUS RELEASE] - 05/26/09 16:01

yes, but by offering it at a higher res you allow the customer to choose, because its easy to shrink a skin, but you cant make a 256 skin bigger. and really now adays 1024^2 skins arent the resource hog they used to be. (not that i recommend them for pop cans and blowing newspapers either)

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [LONDON BUS RELEASE] - 05/26/09 17:11

I never thought of it that way..,
Okay, i take it back then laugh

but it still looks blury laugh

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [LONDON BUS RELEASE] - 05/28/09 03:28

Im really not getting why more people arent downloading a completely free model. the registration only takes about 20 seconds right now (name, password, email, and country) and imho it is very high detail especially for being free, and in 3 days it goes back up to $5. A question for those who don't. What is holding it back and what would I need to change for you to check it out?
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [LONDON BUS RELEASE] - 05/28/09 04:33

I cant vouch for anyone else, but my reason is that I hate needing to "register" with anything just to get free stuff.
If I was going to pay for something I wanted/needed, then its OK to need to sign up.
But for a freebie Im going to download on the off-chance I MAY need it in the un-forseen future, I dont want to go through the
rigmarole of either potentially exposing myself to a spamming list, or waste time making up fake contact details to avoid said spammers.
Even it it is "legitimate" advertising from the site, it gets damned irritating quickly.

So unless there is something there I can actually see a use for, I tend to avoid registering.

Please note, Im not saying that Lost Climate Studios is a spammer or anything, its just one of my odd "on principal" foibles.

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [LONDON BUS RELEASE] - 05/28/09 14:44

Plus, signing in every time is no fun either, just to see if there are new free models...

Now, if you have a page where your models are free, but has a note that if we register, then we get a registration discount or something, and we can save money when we buy items, because we registered to your website....

Just an idea laugh

Re: [free]+[sell]Lost Climate Studios [LONDON BUS RELEASE] - 05/28/09 21:09

well you dont really have to log in to see if there are more free models, you can see that its free before you register, but all that aside, i guess I'll just open up the download for everyone although now there is no way for me to track popularity, so i cant tell what items you guys want more.

[free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MODELS] - 05/28/09 21:18

Registration is no longer needed to download. link is at the bottom of the products page. Offer for free model only last until the first of June.

Re: [free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MODELS] - 05/28/09 21:25

cool,

but like I said, you just need a shoutbox, or use php and use 'downloaded x times' marker...

Re: [free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MODELS] - 05/29/09 01:57

well lots of modifying of the php for the background store system but now i can keep track of them finally.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: [free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MODELS] - 05/29/09 15:26

One more thing, when going to download the tree it says "Download download here".

As a web developer I understand the problem completely. And how frustrating it is. laugh

Re: [free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MODELS] - 05/29/09 19:57

GAH! I noticed that when i first made the free download system, and I keep forgetting to fix it, will do it right now.

EDIT: btw, what did you think of the tree, it would appear that people don't need them as much as i thought they have since your the third person to even look at it in 2 weeks.
Posted By: ryangregory

Re: [free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MODELS] - 05/29/09 20:46

Hi, You seem to be asking the question why people arent downloading your models, alot. To be honest the answer is that youre models dont look too good, Im being honest here and dont mean any offence. People wont be clamouring to get your models at the moment, my advice is if your serious about selling models, work on your skills for a few months, then put higher quality work on your site, this should increase the traffic.
Cheers,
Ryan.

Re: [free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MODELS] - 05/29/09 21:31

Your trees should be one model... since I am having trouble getting the leaves to line up.

I also cant use the tree as its normal size, cause it is to big for my projects. So if i scale it, I cant ent_create it either... good model tho laugh

thanks.

Re: [free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MODELS] - 05/29/09 22:26

I can make them one model, and it should be easy to do if need on the clients end two, in wed if you group both together before you move them then they move at the same time. I figured people would want them seperate for z sorting issues, but if enough people ask ill put them together.

@ ryan:

I dont mind criticism but to be honest I dont get what is poor quality about these models. I'd improve if i could see where they need improvement, but if you look at these too screens, one is loopix's free tree model that I see everywhere and to be honest I think the free one I released blows it out of the water. If there is a complaint, some specifics would be easier for me to fix instead of a simple "improve your skills".

Re: [free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MOD - 05/29/09 23:34

your screens are in JPG, so I think, that makes a big diffrence.

I can also see a white line going around the leaves.. Don't really like that.
I also found a seam on the trunk..

if you lowered your prices, your trees would be more worth buying. but not for 5.00 maybe 5.00 for a pack of em.

Re: [free][sell]LostClimateStudios [NO REGISTRATION FOR FREE MOD - 05/29/09 23:56

yeah, they are all jpg, but i saved them at 100% quality which i thought was lossless, but Ill have a look to see if i could find a difference, as far as the white line going around the leaves, I can take that off, but its supposed to add a little to the natural color I had contemplated taking it off but never decided, i guess I will.

As far as lowering prices, if I can't even distribute free ones (5 downloads in 1.5 weeks) don't think people would even buy them for free.

This is all sort of frustrating, I'm trying to figure out what to do, because if you look at that last comparison I honestly don't see the difference in quality, even if there is one, since I can't recognize it I dont know what to fix. If I can't get more than 1 sale in 1.5 weeks (and it was the thing I figured I was least likely to sell, the texture pack) The website won't even be enough to pay for it's own hosting/domain name. I guess it's back to the drawing board to figure out what the quality issue is.
© 2024 lite-C Forums