shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch?

Posted By: DLively

shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch? - 04/18/15 01:17

Hey Guys!

Im messing around with shaders right now, and Im looking into shade c to learn some further lite-c / general programming - and also to get the results of this awesome tool!

Problem is, when I start it up I get an inverted look to it.. Perhaps someone knows what this glitch is??

It can be seen with your eyes, in video here: Click to change websites

I tried figuring it out myself but it seems to be beyond my scope of knowledge with shade-c at the moment.. I've traced it all the way back to
Code:
sc_setup(sc_screen_default);

I've used shade-c in the past and didn't have this problem before. I downloaded what I'm pretty sure is the latest version on github. Click to goto Github

Any thoughts?

Re: shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch? - 04/19/15 04:51

Hmm.. I added it to another project, and didn't get the same results.. so it may just be something else in my project - however the shadows still didn't work either.

any thoughts?
Posted By: alibaba

Re: shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch? - 04/19/15 07:47

I can only guess so:
1.) You´re using skills that shade-c uses, so they interfere and cause unexpected results (as far as I know shade-c uses skill99)
2.) You initialized something wrong
3.) Your graphic card does´nt support those effects
Posted By: rojart

Re: shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch? - 04/19/15 09:44

Hi DLively!

Try alphablendenable = false; in sc_gBuffer_sky.fx file, should work.

Re: shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch? - 04/19/15 15:35

Thanks for your help Guys.
@ Alibaba: I changed the skills to lower numbers, and I dont use skill99 after reading the shadec documentation.
I've used shade c before, and have been successful with it.. My video card should be able to handle at least the min settings with an Nvidia GeForce G210 1024MB - I know its not a big video card, but it works for now.. Though my pc says I have 2303 MB total available graphics memory...

@Rojart: Thanks for your response, I tried your suggestion and have no further luck with it.

http://youtu.be/kf9zA9dpmNU
Posted By: rojart

Re: shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch? - 04/19/15 16:58

strange, because shade-c works fine for me with my changes.

Try also vec_set(sun_color, vector(200,200,200)); maybe it helps, otherwise an simple example from you would be great.

Re: shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch? - 04/19/15 17:58

Would using the most current version of A8 (8.45.4) be the problem?

The above didin't work.
I'll try it again with another game laugh

Edit: then, If all else fails ill send you a demo laugh I really appreciate your help Rojart!
Posted By: Wjbender

Re: shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch? - 04/19/15 18:04

...removed ... I have no idea how my reply ended up here

Re: shade-c inverted effect default, or glitch? - 04/21/15 16:16

The above changes do not be made, so there is no need to alter the fx file.

To fix this problem I had to make sure that default.fx and common.h were in my project folder and included to the script - The big problem was that I had not realized I was supposed to add a material to EVERYTHING in the level. So i added mtl_leveldefault, and everything worked great from there laugh

You need to look at 07.c shadec sample and have a look at 06_transparent.fx (mtl_carWindow) to see how transparency (alpha channels) is handled.
© 2024 lite-C Forums