Issues with the new AUM MP Template

Posted By: mschoenhals

Issues with the new AUM MP Template - 01/27/16 20:03

Hi all,
I'm working with the new AUM Multiplayer Template:
http://superku.de/MPTemplate3Patch1.zip

When I make my own map, I appear out in space. I can see the bots but none of the map appears. I'm at a loss to why.

Anyone else have the same issue?
Posted By: Superku

Re: Issues with the new AUM MP Template - 01/27/16 20:29

Hm have you set player spawn positions like in the example levels?
Have you debugged the player position, for example by checking the camera position in the default F11 debug panel?
There have been a few bug reports before and I'm planning on making a new patch soon, so feel free to list all bugs that you find.

Re: Issues with the new AUM MP Template - 01/27/16 21:31

My noob status is about to show, but anyways...
I'm assuming that player spawn positions need to be regions named "pspawn" and tspawn1 or tspawn2. I've got those in it. I've positioned a camera to look down on the map and I actually see it right at the start of the game. When I spawn in, I'm floating in space.

Here's an example level:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gotvkpt0602wc4v/Template%20II.zip?dl=0

I'm afraid that my debugging skills aren't quite there yet. I'm working on it though. laugh

Re: Issues with the new AUM MP Template - 01/28/16 09:22

I've checked the content of the
player_respawn_position()
function. Apparently, the region_get() command returns strange values for the "vmin" vector and I don't know why - yet. It has to be either some issue with your level or an engine bug I presume.

Re: Issues with the new AUM MP Template - 01/28/16 18:36

It's weird because I can replicate the same issue in the example map. All I need to do is strip the blocks from the map and put in a new floor and now I've spawned into space.

Re: Issues with the new AUM MP Template - 01/30/16 19:00

I've got a new issue with the Multiplayer Template - if you create more than two maps (ie: map3), when you play it and try and load map3 it will default back to map2. Anyone find a way around that yet?

Re: Issues with the new AUM MP Template - 01/30/16 21:43

Have you changed the
Quote:
#define MAX_LEVELS 2

define in "types.h"?

Re: Issues with the new AUM MP Template - 01/31/16 01:29

DOH!
Ok, feeling dumb. Yup, that was the issue; thanks Superku. I also recreated the maps and they seem to be working. Must have been something with my previous versions.

Re: Issues with the new AUM MP Template - 01/31/16 07:54

Ok no problem. I've tried to fix this region_get() issue with your map by deleting the models, adding new blocks and such and it just wouldn't go away. I don't know why.
© 2024 lite-C Forums