web android translator (Engine SDK)

Posted By: Dico

web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/15/16 15:56

Hi guys ,

you know , from long time i say someting about creating a translator for our games to web and android platforms . but i found some problems to convert lite-c functions like procs and some other functions. so i create a new engine on c++ and i recreate it on html5 webgl , with this i can now convert all my functions from c++ to web then to android .

the sdk provide:
very fast rendring
http download fast and not freeze the engine
wait function (limited to android >= 5.1 and above + new browsers)
sounds and music players
PANELS,TEXTS,ENTITYS,ACTION

80% of acknex function recreated in this sdk.
and you also use effects and much more ...

if you intersted in to test my engine , just pm me then i will upload your new sdk for the engine.
and before i forget ,
you can use code::block to scripting bec is very fast and crossplatform and have a small size than vc++

link to compiler : http://www.mediafire.com/file/83jx0t9qb24o4x4/alphabox+engine+v1.23+compiler.rar
link to engine library : http://www.mediafire.com/file/bqcv0y3hikezk6k/engine+files+and+librarys.rar

the android compiler need JDK and this is the link : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Now just create your map in wed and convert it to directx and add it to your asset folder like the exemple in compiler folder.

and don't forget to edit .bat file , its important for translating and compiling to android.

This is some images from unfinished interface for the engine :

and this is an old project created with the sdk :

you see here some exemple scripts

Code:
#include "include/alphabox_engine.h"

BMAP* exemple_bmap   = bmp_create("bmap_name.jpg",NULL,NULL ,0);

PANEL* exemple_panel = create_pan(exemple_bmap,1); /// 1 : layer

int main()
{

set(exemple_panel,SHOW);
	exemple_panel->pos_x = 50;
	exemple_panel->pos_y = 50;
	exemple_panel->scale_x = 1;
	exemple_panel->scale_y = 1;

while(1)
	{
		exemple_panel->roll += 1; /// exemple roll

wait(1);
	}
}

loading an entity :

Code:
#include "include/alphabox_engine.h"

void action_player()
{
	set(me,SHOW);
	my->alpha = 100
	while(1)
	{
		my->pan += 2;
		wait(1);
	}

}

ENTITY* exemple_ent = ent_create("entity.x",&vector(0,0,0),action_player);

int main()
{

while(1)
	{
		exemple_ent->roll += 1; /// exemple roll

wait(1);
	}
}

[size:14pt][/size]

This is how to use wait corotine :

Code:
#include <alphabox_engine.h>

void exemple_function()
{
	while(1)
	{
		printf("\nresult 1");
		wait(1);
	}
}

int main()
{

add_function(exemple_function); /// with this now your function accept wait corotine

while(1)
	{

printf("\nresult 2");
		wait(1);
	}
}

and the resulta :

Code:
result1
result2
result1
result2
result1
result2
result1
result2
result1
result2
result1
result2

and finaly this is just a simple game engine and with you guys we can make it better and better .

Some demos to show how to load maps and apply collision: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2ahb3ak2s9xre5d/demos.rar

Posted By: 3run

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/15/16 16:11

Hey there! This sounds very interesting! Looking forwards to give it a try! grin

Greets!

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/15/16 16:55

Sure , But i just want to send the link and i get this message "3run is over their Private Topic limit" .
I think you need to delete some messages so you will free space laugh

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/15/16 17:02

Done! laugh
Posted By: painkiller

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/16/16 09:47

very interesting, I will take a look at it grin
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/16/16 10:35

Cool stuff. Now I need to get my hands on an android phone to test it. ^^

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/16/16 11:07

This is how to load map and apply collision to it :

Code:
#include <alphabox_engine.h>

ENTITY* exemple_map = ent_create("map.x",&vector(0,0,0),NULL);

int main()
{
	set(exemple_map,COLLIDE); /// now your player will have a collision with the map.

while(1)
	{

wait(1);
	}
}

to create any light just use this :

Code:
LIGHT* new_light = create_light(1);/// 0 : directional light , 1: point light , 2 : spot light

to load and play music
Code:
int music_id = media_play("your media or sound (all types)" ,volume,flags);
//flags :
//LOOP : to make music or sound loop

media_pause(music_id); /// pause music or sound

media_resume(music_id); /// resume music or sound

media_stop(music_id); /// stop music or sound

set_mediavolume(music_id,85); /// set music or sound volume

get_medialen(music_id); /// Get len of music or sound

set_media_pos(music_id,50); /// Set reader position

int media_pos = get_media_pos(music_id); /// Get reader position

set_media_limit(music_id,20,100); /// set a limits for music or sounds

set_media_3d(music_id,vector(50,20,100)); /// set media 3d

///with this function you can create easly a media player :)

Some demos to show how to load maps and apply collision: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2ahb3ak2s9xre5d/demos.rar

Have a fun guys

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/16/16 11:09

oh i forget , you can plug and unplug your joystick during the gameplay without any problems , so you will not need to restart the game to get joystick working again.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/21/16 08:09

Hey!

This project seems awesome!

I would really appreciate if we can get hands on the source code, best published at the acknex community git:
https://github.com/Acknex

If you publish it, i would take my time to look at the source code and put some free time into the rendering part of your engine.

Regards
Felix

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/21/16 10:09

I tried to run the web demos but I get only a grey screen, I tested it on chrome, edge and internet explorer. Do I need to do something first?

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/21/16 12:35

Originally Posted By: MasterQ32
Hey!

This project seems awesome!

I would really appreciate if we can get hands on the source code, best published at the acknex community git:
https://github.com/Acknex

If you publish it, i would take my time to look at the source code and put some free time into the rendering part of your engine.

Regards
Felix

Thanks for your reply , i will ask my partner because this is not an acknex project . it's a part of our engine .

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/21/16 12:37

Originally Posted By: painkiller
I tried to run the web demos but I get only a grey screen, I tested it on chrome, edge and internet explorer. Do I need to do something first?

Can you upload the web source , i will look into it and test it here ?

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/21/16 12:42

Originally Posted By: Dico
Originally Posted By: painkiller

Can you upload the web source , i will look into it and test it here ?

I just tried to run the demos from the demos.rar file in first post.

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/21/16 12:48

i test this demos on (firefox , opera).i haven't chrome on my pc but i will test it now , thanks for testing

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/21/16 12:56

oh i test it now , the problem from XMLHttpRequest , it can't load any file from the hard disc (browser security) ,its normal. but it will work if you upload it to web host or compile it to android.

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/21/16 13:48

Guys anyone need a host just use the engine host , http://alphaboxengine.net .

you will get unlimited web space and 999 mysql and c_panel.
just choose free host and register and in seconds you will get your webhost for your games.

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/21/16 21:26

I just found a problem in function export_to_json /: i will update the compiler soon.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/22/16 08:06

Thanks for your reply , i will ask my partner because this is not an acknex project . it's a part of our engine .

Yeah, i know. But it would be awesome to have some open source clone of acknex, supporting some more modern features and plattforms.

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/22/16 17:05

Can you guys test this demos http://demos.alphaboxengine.net/ ?

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/22/16 17:09

Originally Posted By: MasterQ32

Yeah, i know. But it would be awesome to have some open source clone of acknex, supporting some more modern features and plattforms.

If you have any knowledge in javascript i can send the javascript source to you so we can make the engine work better on the web .

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/22/16 18:56

Can you guys test this demos http://demos.alphaboxengine.net/ ?
Test those demos, there seems to be some troubles with the input in both demos... instead of WSAD it's something like ZSQD, other that that it seems to work ok.

Greets!

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/22/16 22:57

Originally Posted By: 3run
Test those demos, there seems to be some troubles with the input in both demos... instead of WSAD it's something like ZSQD, other that that it seems to work ok.

Greets!

Great !! , thanks .
I will create a map with wed and convert it to web so i will see if the new version work great than first version.

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/23/16 10:52

But please, don't make the same mistake Conitec did with that Ellipsoid vs. Polygon collision detection! At least use capsule hull or give as possibility to chose between ellipsoid, capsule and box hulls. I can show you an old thread, where a lot of forum members where complaining about this (it was in Rants section), but jcl and mainly Conitec didn't give a damn thing. It would be really sad if you will develop such a great engine, but with the same mistakes...

The 3DGS collision system is AWFUL.

My best wishes!

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/23/16 13:10

But please, don't make the same mistake Conitec did with that Ellipsoid vs. Polygon collision detection! At least use capsule hull or give as possibility to chose between ellipsoid, capsule and box hulls. I can show you an old thread, where a lot of forum members where complaining about this (it was in Rants section), but jcl and mainly Conitec didn't give a damn thing. It would be really sad if you will develop such a great engine, but with the same mistakes...

My best wishes!

You're right , i get that problems too in acknex , what i use in my engine now is an AABB vs polygons . with this i get nice result for pc but still somehow slow a little on the web . i will fix that by break the loop when collision happen.

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/23/16 15:55

My best wishes!

You're right , i get that problems too in acknex , what i use in my engine now is an AABB vs polygons . with this i get nice result for pc but still somehow slow a little on the web . i will fix that by break the loop when collision happen.
What about OBB collusion system, but with CAPSULE instead of ELLIPSOID? As far as I know, with AABB objects should be aligned with the axis, means that the BBOX is not rotated, OR rotated but with additional checks and loops. Plus, what about physics? I would really love to (and maybe most of the other users too) see properly working physX plugin made with SDK 3.x.x.

Best regards!

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/23/16 18:50

I will fix the aabb on the web then i will move to physics and see if the physX support web too.
for the obb i will add it to soon a i finish the old problems.

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/23/16 20:54

Keep it up guys, it looks really promising!
Posted By: sivan

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/29/16 17:37

nice project Dico, congrats!

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 11/29/16 19:04

Keep it up guys, it looks really promising!

We will , thanks

Originally Posted By: sivan
nice project Dico, congrats!

thanks Sivan

Re: web android translator (Engine SDK) - 08/12/17 11:41

--------------------
© 2024 lite-C Forums