PLEASE TEST (BUG?)

Posted By: 3run

PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 12/31/16 18:55

It seems that I faced very strange thing...
Couldn't recreate this on laptop, and it seems to work on MasterQ32 pc.
At first I thougth that I got my graphic card damaged after overclocking, but I bought new one and still bug is there...

Take a look at the video and please, try demo:
Strange flickering thing
Compiled demo

As you can see from the video, it only happens at specific camera position/angles.
Couldn't recreate this on my laptop, bought a new graphic card, so this nothing related to damaged gpu or anything graphic card related.
Map compiler is set to default, no shaders used. Please test this, and let me know what results you have.

Greets.
Posted By: painkiller

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 12/31/16 20:07

I tested it on my pc and I don't have that flickering, it works fine

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/01/17 11:58

This is weird.. I wonder what could cause this thing.

BTW, happy new year! laugh
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/01/17 12:55

Nothing strange here (though the script had no movement so I rotated around after pressing '0' / default.c movement). Do you only have it at pan 0 or also at other angles?

Anyway, perhaps a driver problem (like a newest beta driver or such) or maybe some background program that messes things up on your machine. Also on a desktop I once had many strange problems with games after the harddisk was getting broken / old.

-edit, could also maybe be a difference between published and tested in sed.

And happy new year Acknex veterans! grin

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/01/17 13:06

Happy new year man! laugh

I reinstalled my OS now, but problem is still there.. This is very strange.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/01/17 13:37

Me neither, no flickering here.
Tested on my Surface Pro 3 (Intel HD Graphics)

Also, happy new year!
Posted By: Realspawn

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/01/17 18:47

No flickering here laugh
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/01/17 19:11

Would help if you tell us which GFX card you have

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/01/17 19:13

Originally Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r
Used to use ASUS GTX 750 STRIX, now I just bought new ASUS GTX 1060 STRIX. Situation is exactly the same for both.

Tested my ssd and hdd, both seems to be in good conditions..
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/01/17 19:23

Originally Posted By: 3run
Originally Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r
Used to use ASUS GTX 750 STRIX, now I just bought new ASUS GTX 1060 STRIX. Situation is exactly the same for both.

Tested my ssd and hdd, both seems to be in good conditions..

I have a GTX 770 at home, when Im home in 1 week I will try it and tell you what happens.
Make sure to get the newest drivers

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/01/17 19:33

I did, I use latest game ready driver, plus blank new installed OS, but still that flickering shit is there. No problems with other games, applications.

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/02/17 11:25

Bad Unity spirit messing with our Acknex? grin

So its not software related, probably not game driver I think, maybe harddisk? Do you also have it with other gs3d scripts or only this one? Are you testing in sed or from published exe by the way?
A far fetched one, but maybe you edited some of the default gs3d shaders or such? (though that is probably not it since you did a clean install)
Posted By: txesmi

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/02/17 15:38

It is flickering here. Nvidia GTX660

I realized that position is relevant. If you rotate camera pan only it also flickers.

The camera is vertically aligned with a mesh vertex created by the tessellation process. All blinking triangles contain that vertex.

Maybe I'll bust but it can not be a coincidence.

__edited__

I aligned the camera with another floor vertex (x=-128) and same happens xP

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/02/17 17:31

Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
Bad Unity spirit messing with our Acknex? grin
Maybe it's trying to pull me to the 'other side' of game development grin
So its not software related, probably not game driver I think, maybe harddisk? Do you also have it with other gs3d scripts or only this one? Are you testing in sed or from published exe by the way?
A far fetched one, but maybe you edited some of the default gs3d shaders or such? (though that is probably not it since you did a clean install)
I checked both my ssd and hdd drives, they are in good conditions. Plus, no shader edited and such. Clean install.

Originally Posted By: txesmi
It is flickering here.
This will sound bad, but thanks God grin

Maybe it's some kind of a map compiler bug?
Posted By: the_clown

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/02/17 22:25

Looks like a graphics issue to me tbh. Shouldn't be harddisk related at all.

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/02/17 23:04

Yeah the harddisk was a bit far fetched but I once had it though (though that was for other games too).

Anyway, this tessellation process in the compiler, does it work anyway? I never noticed anything from it.
Posted By: Dico

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/03/17 20:07

Maybee a DirectX related issue !
Posted By: txesmi

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/04/17 15:35

Originally Posted By: Dico
Maybee a DirectX related issue !

Last DX9, last drivers and same issue.

Anyway, this tessellation process in the compiler, does it work anyway? I never noticed anything from it.

It works.

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/04/17 18:13

Originally Posted By: txesmi
Last DX9, last drivers and same issue.
I start recieving blue screen 116 when PC wakes up from sleep mode (PC doesn't into the sleep mode actually, it wakes up automatically as soon as the sleep mode begins.. this used to happen with previous/old graphics card as well). I think that I recieve blue screen cause my power supply is in bad condition (GTX 1060 needs additional 8 pin power). I don't really like to think that brand new card is having some issues... Plus it goes throw fur mark test without any troubles (10 minutes test) and no issues in other games on ultra graphic settings (battlefield 1, no errors, driver failures or so).

What do you think guys?

Edit: also both mouse and keyboard are disabled for waking PC (wake-on-lan wasn't found in BIOS, I wanted to disable it too).

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/06/17 16:30

Deleting graphic cards driver via safe mode and reinstalling it seems to fix blue screen issue (people say that it could be caused by a conflict of windows updater and nvidia drivers). Anyway PC still doesn't go into the sleep mode correctly.
Posted By: Dooley

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/08/17 07:46

Mine's not flickering. My best guess would be that you may have some other program running in the background that is interacting with Acknex. Maybe try shutting down other programs one at a time, and checking the game after each?

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/08/17 11:01

Originally Posted By: Dooley
Mine's not flickering. My best guess would be that you may have some other program running in the background that is interacting with Acknex. Maybe try shutting down other programs one at a time, and checking the game after each?
I just installed Acknex after clean OS installation (no other programs on the background). This is strange...

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/08/17 12:08

Deleting graphic cards driver via safe mode and reinstalling it seems to fix blue screen issue (people say that it could be caused by a conflict of windows updater and nvidia drivers). Anyway PC still doesn't go into the sleep mode correctly.
, I had troubles with hibernating once with windows 10, disabled fast startup/bootup or whatever it was called in the settings where you can also change the power(button) settings etc. Maybe try that.

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/08/17 15:20

I'll give it a try, thank you.

Also, I faced this flickering problem once again, on a different level:
Quote:

And maybe it's just a coincidence, but I actually never faced this before I started using 'PRAGMA_POINTER' thing. grin

Re: PLEASE TEST (BUG?) - 01/08/17 16:09

And maybe it's just a coincidence, but I actually never faced this before I started using 'PRAGMA_POINTER' thing. grin
, could be I quess, nothing is impossible with Acknex grin . You could try turning it off and write (/replace all to) lite-c pointer style and see if it fixes something.
© 2024 lite-C Forums