Seal City Demo (need testers)

Posted By: Emre

Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/24/14 20:38

Hello guys, Seal City demo is ready and i need testers. Could you play/test it please? Not just bug report, all suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Seal City Demo 1.2 Download

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

-2 Ghz cpu
-512 MB DX9 SM3.0 Graphic card. (Minimum AMD HD 3000 series or in the same class with NVIDIA)
-2 GB RAM (i am not sure about 1 GB)
-Windows XP, Vista,Windows 7 or Windows 8
Posted By: DLively

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 01:40

downloading laugh

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 02:48

LMAO laugh

Its so much fun just to mess around with the enviroment tongue

im noticing a glitch in the building, where you find the map beside the chest, if you push your pay through on the left side of it you pop out the wall

I LOVE THE GRAB PHYSICS!! - I have one barrel that I take everywhere with me laugh

Also drinking water made me thirsty for real

A suggestion -> Maybe put the vault code in the inventory after you get learn it because I forgot it...

When I fall off a building, I can jump up in mid air ^_^

as mentioned I forgot the vault pass, when going back down the stairs, I jumped off to the right at the bottom of the stairs and got severely hurt tongue

The voice overs are great!

"I Don't need these" LMAO

Damnit.. I forgot it again!!!!!! xD

I didn't have the patience to go back another time tongue
I will play it again later laugh

The sound effects are well done. The game has a very nice look to it. I don't like that the run key is triggered, rather than held laugh Honestly, The atmosphere of the game is really nice! When I have more time, I will play some more.

EDIT:
Btw, the computer I am running it on just meets the system requirements you you mentioned, and it wasn't perfectly smooth, but it was still very enjoyable laugh

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 04:49

Wow dude! Thanks for bug reports and suggestions. I've put them on my list. i really appreciate it. Thanks again.

and don't forget to check this building;

There are weapon and "real action" in the building grin

(sorry for my poor english)

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 07:29

Good to know!! I will give it a try tomorrow, and also find some more bugs for you laugh Your english is fine btw tongue
Posted By: sivan

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 07:40

hi,

I just tried it. the installer is great. I would be happy if you could share your experiences, and explain how to use an installer properly for a game project, where to install game core and user data... once I will need it laugh

basically the game is nice but there are several things making the game not really smooth:
- options menu would require an OK button,
- in options menu I would use exactly the opposite text and highlighted text colours for selected/deselected items,
- I would use a separate loading panel covering main menu, with a progress-bar in the middle or bottom rather than top,
- when leaving the game area, the "I don't think..." or similar message is played from the beginning in every frame till button W is pressed,
- the terrain texture is great, but some building or other obstacle textures look bad from close, they would need to be much higher resolution, and preferably normal mapping,
- kicking the barrel results in a jerky movement,
- collisions are handled usually smoothly, except at broken walls/windows where are little jumps,
- the fog sprites should be faded out towards the player, it could eliminate some ugly clipping artifacts, especially when within a building,
- imo having a player shadow would be better,
- there are some shadow artifacts: some wrongly dark areas become properly shadowed as going closer, maybe it is a ligthmap to shadowmapping transition issue,
- shadowmapping shadow edges could be a bit smoother, sometimes a bit flashing,
- grass/bush shadows are not nice from close (maybe it depends of low/high shader settings?),
- probably you could utilize higher quality settings if upgrade to A8, it runs really faster,
- after loading back an autosave, the player position is not where I left the game, but instead the original start position, what is imo a wrong solution,

I hope my notes help your development. to be honest I'm not a fun of this genre, probably have no enough patience to discover and collect little objects/tools, but I'll make short tests when you publish new betas.

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 15:39

Thanks Sivan! Of course your notes help my development. btw i want to upgrade to A8 of course but can't because of money issue.

All user data in the "appdata" folder. C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\muhurkent\data
Install Jammer settings: http://i.imgur.com/YTae7bH.jpg

And here is lite-c code;
Html:
//in depot.c
const int APPDATA = 0x001A;

char sub_buffer[260];
char savedir_buffer[260];
char loaddir_buffer[260];
STRING* savedir_str="";
STRING* subpath_str="";

//in main function
SHGetFolderPath(NULL,APPDATA,0,NULL,savedir_buffer);
str_cpy(savedir_str,savedir_buffer);
str_cat(savedir_str,"\\muhurkent\\data");
str_cpy(save_dir,savedir_str);

//for subtitles file
SHGetFolderPath(NULL,APPDATA,0,NULL,sub_buffer);
str_cpy(subpath_str,sub_buffer);

Posted By: txesmi

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 17:13

Hi,
I would not scale panels. It looks horrible for my taste.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 17:31

okay now my experience:

first question: does this demo have an "end", like a banner sayin "Congrats" or something?
I killed that worm-lady-fusion but then i made no progress. I just wandered for 20 min without a goal and finally closed the game.

What i like is the general setting of the game. The desert feels really abadoned.
Itīs a different scheme than todays games, which generally sets either in a city or in a jungle.
The voice acting could be better, but thatīs nothing to worry about at the moment.
The jumping feels really wierd, i didnīt liked it the entire time i played the demo. Collision detection could be better at some parts of the game. Also there is a hovering tree btw, which i couldnīt take a picture of since i had no option to do so.
Besides that i really liked what iīve seen so far!
Keep it up!

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 18:00

Originally Posted By: txesmi
Hi,
I would not scale panels. It looks horrible for my taste.

Thanks for suggestion txesmi!

Originally Posted By: alibaba
first question: does this demo have an "end", like a banner sayin "Congrats" or something?
I killed that worm-lady-fusion but then i made no progress. I just wandered for 20 min without a goal and finally closed the game.

Thanks Alibaba! Yes of course demo have end. Did you find all pocer cards? Then go back to encyrped note. http://imgur.com/8DJiXLd

Edit: Where is the hovering tree btw? Can you explain with turkish language with pm? and your message box is full. i can't send message to you...

Posted By: alibaba

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/25/14 18:52

Yeah, we can also chat on skype.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/26/14 08:36

thanks Emre for the installer info!

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 04/26/14 08:47

You are welcome. Let me know if you need anything else. InstallJammer is easy to use. But sometimes crashes. Do not forget to backup your project (.mpi) file.
Posted By: 3dworld

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 05/10/14 14:22

Here is my input:
The after install the game I was ready to play but after the Please wait... message disappear the game crashes. I've tried 2 more times with the same result.
I'm running Windows 8, just in case that may help.

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 05/10/14 16:54

Hi 3dworld. Could you give me the hardware information of your computer? -Especially ram and graphic card-

And could you tell me which "please wait"? I mean startup window or level load? as far as i understand it's level load but i want to be sure...
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 05/11/14 10:03

Hi, just few comments on my experiences.
1. There is no option to set the resolution to 1920x1200.
2. After i change to windowed mode, a small part of the window at top was invisible (spanned over the border of the monitor).
3. At the start turn cca. 120 degrees left, there is a house at the top of a little hill. I was able to enter into that through its wall, but i got always a message: "you dont want to go there" or something like this. When i was inside, i can not exit from there.
4. After the first restart in the game (the sequence: Start, play a bit, Escape, New game) the health bar vanished.
5. There is a footboard on the roof of a house. I think it could use to move over a bridge between two houses. I was not able to put the footboard onto the bridge to walk over to the other house.
6. I can't see a mark or a sign when i set to run or set to walk my moving mode.
Good luck for the development!

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 05/11/14 12:02

Thank you very very much! I really appreciate it!

Just one thing; you don't have to use footboard to walk over to the other house. But you can use -pgup/pgdwn/home/end etc.- buttons to rotate the grabbed object if you want. I forgot to mention it.
Posted By: Kalopsia

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 05/13/14 23:30

This game is looking really good. I've just had a few minutes testing before I go to sleep I hope this list helps a little too laugh

1. When you stand too close to a door it no longer highlights until you move back a bit.

2. If you run while looking up at buildings walls you can sometimes climb the wall.

3. Jumping feels a little bit hard/fast. Also falling from any height feels too quick (prob same falling code for both?).

4. I found that the help tip closed before I could finish reading (this was when I picked up the water) so maybe allowing the player to press a key to disregard the tips could work or keeping it on screen a little longer.

5. Sometimes when running into physics objects the screen stutters (when walking into a chair it was quite noticable)

6. No stamina bar for running (unless Its hard to see), but maybe thats how you want it to be of course.

7. The map looks really good, as a personal preference I would say it might be nice to have an option to expand its size with transparency perhaps.

Hope some of that helps I'll play it some more tomorrow it does look really good. Btw I had no problems with the frame rate it runs very fast.

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 05/14/14 22:51

Thanks for your very helpful feedback Kalopsia!

Edit:

Test is over for now. I think i get enough feedback. Thanks to all the participants!

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 05/26/14 17:20

Hi there,
Sorry the delayed respond. These are my PC Specs:

Windows 8 Pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M460 @ 2.53GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.80GHz
RAM memory: 4.00 (3.86GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit OS

Video Card:
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 Graphics
Memory Type DDR3 - 1Gb (1024Mb)

And the Please Wait... message, is the one that appears when the level starts loading when clicking new game, not the one when the engine is loading.

I hope this may help you.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 05/28/14 11:39

Aww, I missed the testing phase :(( Good luck with your game. I'll try this InstalJammer
Posted By: CyberGhost

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 07/10/14 15:22

I get 403: Forbidden Error when I try your link frown

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 08/03/14 17:54

I've tried the new demo. I'm still running into the same issue that happened before. I can't play on windows 8.
Posted By: FEL

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 08/03/14 19:03

I got literaly stuck in a bench located at the beginning of the paperpuzzle.
And you ve got some hard normal map errors in your project.
Every model MUST have normalmaps if it uses Materials with bump.

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 08/03/14 19:37

@3dworld; have you tried update dx9 runtime library? I've got some feedback and i know that game run on win8 without problem.

@FEL; Thanks for feedback. and apparently one of the normapmaps is missing. (bench probably)

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 08/19/14 23:08

Good call. I was able to play the game. So far is going pretty good. I got stock inside the house that has the guns. Not and easy way to get out.

I would suggest to try to change a little bit the way the mouse interacts with the objects. It's a little hard to control.

Thanks
Posted By: Mark430SR

Re: Seal City Demo (need testers) - 07/15/16 23:35

After taking picture of the dead body trace (at the start of the game), what should I do?
© 2024 lite-C Forums