Sky Titans - unique online first person shooter

Posted By: alibaba

Sky Titans - unique online first person shooter - 05/20/11 09:56

The game:
Sky Titans is a very unique first person shooter. Your gravity is relative to your rotation.
It´s a first person shooter based in a futuristic world. The game contains 3 different playing modes:

Singleplayer campain
Multiplayer mode
Coop missions

Story:
The game is about the 4 major space federations who want to get a new found element called Trytorinium, which can only be found on several planets in the Unknown sectors. The federations use the newest technology including the new Gravity-Boots. This Gravity-Boots allow you to walk on every surface. You can walk around edges, on walls, on the top of the room and so on.

Integrated in the Boots you also get a kind of “jetpack” which is used for “special jumps”. Those special jumps allow you to move free in space so you can move to other platforms.

The federations are hostile so they fight each other in order to get the valuable and mighty Trytorinium, which makes them rich and powerful but every fraction has its own real reasons.

“You, soldier, are a mercenary for one of the more peaceful federations. They hired you because of your unusual skills in tactical warfare and your great knowledge of advanced technology. The “Northern Galaxy Trading Company (NGTC) makes good profit right now and they can’t tolerate to let others have the new found element, which would overthrow the whole balance of powers and trading they created.

Seriously, it is a demolition job and it is up to you if you will operate in silence or not but I guess you are probably the best man for the job.

Good luck soldier!”

Chief Cameron Mitchell (NGTC)

But what they all don ´t know is that the chosen planets have guards which will never give their source of power into foreign hands – The Sky Titans…

Modes:

TDM / Free for all
Capture the relays
Defend the generator

Story for Multiplayer:
The multiplayer shows what happens parallel to the main plot where the mightiest fractions fight for the control of planets with Tryranium. They developed small task forces for attacking each other but sometimes scavengers of the whole galaxy fight for themselves and also try to get a bit of this power.

Coop Missions:
In the Coop Mission you and your friend are trapped on one of the Tryranium planets infested by the breed of the Sky Titans. Your goal is to fight your way through them until you find something what allows you to escape.
- Never walk alone …

Controls:

walk with “W/A/S/D”

shoot with “mouse left”

zoom in with “mouse right”

reload with “r”

melee with “e”

use special jump with “shift”

normal jump with “space”

activate kill streaks with “v”

statistics with “tab”

R grenades with “g” (gravity is related to players rotation)

NG grenades with “h” (not affected by any force)

zoom in (sniper) with “mouse wheel”

change weapons with “1,2,3,4” or “mouse wheel”

Have fun!

If you have constructive criticism please tell me and I will see what I can do

Newest Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-XJnmSEcJ0

Some old gameplay vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQD94HQQBU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C4L6uoT8UI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZH_9ymyg68
Posted By: 3run

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 11:57

Looks cool and dynamic. Flying from one wall to the other one, reminds me of Dead Space laugh I suggest you would use sci-fi style for this. And make some kind of bonus weapon (10 - 20 seconds), which will control gravity forces and will also allow to pull and push other players. Also, I think it would be better if you don't allow player to fly on the same surface (move very fast), better allow player only to move from one wall on to other, make some walls on which player can't walk.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 13:31

This looks like insane fun grin I remember telling you I hope to see a really cool game made with the wall-walking, and you exceeded my expectations. I think the ability to just fall in any direction is brilliant!

I'm looking forward to a playable demo laugh

Jibb
Posted By: xxxxxxx

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 14:06

Great Idea! The first thing i've tryed with GS was such a gravity(of course it failed)! grin
I want to play it!!! xD

it woulb be cool if you add some big stones, and other obj. ,which are flying truth the room and where you can walk/jump at too, some objekt, which are folling the plyers gravity and some mines/granades/bombs(the boms should explode if you press a key). Keep it up!
xxxxxxx
Posted By: fogman

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 17:41

Awesome! Weitermachen!!!
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 17:50

You should look for a good level designer. Tipp: The Sunset Down guy is back and free .. and the ressources are also freely available. wink

Sunset Down: Deathmatch Reloaded? Would be awesome in my eyes. Even if the levels are very small: Take Hummels ocean shader, Shade-C + HDR and the Sunset Down assets: It will look very good.
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 18:08

But the Sunset Down levels wouldn't make it possible to use the gravity feature that makes the game unique.

For the levels, I would use some science fiction architecture. I would also use sience fiction weapons with special abilities (gravity gun, portal gun,...). Also add some physic objects to make it more interesting.

And another idea, make some "wholes" into the level. If the player is too concentrated on shooting, he will fall through them ^^
Posted By: painkiller

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 19:07

very original idea!

About suggests, I agree with dark_samurai
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 19:15

just make sure you dont do any laser/plasma like weapon, opinion: they suck

future/scifi can still fire projectiles, bullets = win, which is why i looked at your vid in the first place
Posted By: Superku

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 19:51

Very nice idea!
Combine your gameplay with a level design as follows

and the game could become a very unique and cool shooter!

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/20/11 19:54

Yes, that would be amazing and unique. Forget my Sunset Down idea wink

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/21/11 16:12

Thank you all for your kind words laugh
These are some really good ideas!
I think i will accomplish most of them.
But level design and models, as i said, i´m no modeller or anything 3d related, so i need some help laugh
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/21/11 16:48

Only thing that annoyed me was your friend complaining about 30 fps being "incredibly low".... you know that lots of console FPS games are locked at 30 fps, right? ...RIGHT?

Anyway, the game looks like lots of fun!

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/21/11 17:09

I could make you the levels. But only paid, because I`ve got my own project by side. If you`re interested, PM me laugh

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/21/11 19:28

I'd be really interested in seeing levels with moving parts, and space for players to fall out. I think the ability to change your own gravity in any direction is brilliant -- imagine using that to try and land on a large, distant, moving platform, and if you miss you fall out into space and die.

You should experiment with more confined levels and more open levels tongue So much potential!

Jibb
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/21/11 20:28

looks nice so far. lets strike a deal
once the game really is in a stage that it has an actual chance of completion, ill do a few maps for you like the picture posted.

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/21/11 20:57

DEAL!
You all are great!

@Jibb
i´m already working on this laugh

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/21/11 21:46

I forgot that this is an English Topic, so excuse my German post:
Click to reveal..
Nur eine Idee:
Wenn du bewegliche Dinge in deinem Level hast, bspw. Plattformen, die stets nach gleichem Muster fahren, so würde ich für die keinen Traffic verbraten, sondern bspw. nur einmal zu Beginn/ bei jeder neuen Runde synchronisieren und dann ihr Movement von einer Variable abhängig machen, die stetig hochgezählt wird.
Beispiel:

var total_round_ticks = 0;

Bei Start jeder Runde wird die Variable resettet.
Nun bewegen sich die Plattformen bspw. wie folgt:

my.x = my.skill1 + 256*sin(total_round_ticks); //my.skill1 ist die Startposition, bspw. am Anfang der action gesetzt

während die Variable total_round_ticks wie folgt hochgezählt wird:

while(1) {
total_round_ticks += time_frame; //nicht time_step!
wait(1);
}

Anmerkung: Dann hat total_round_ticks nach einer Sekunde Rundenzeit den Wert 16.
Dabei könntest du bei Neustart der Runde die Variable auch auf 1 oder 2 setzen, je nachdem, welche Zahl (1/16 oder 2/16) eher dem erwarteten Lag entspricht.

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/21/11 22:07

Wow! Thanks for this great hint superku! laugh
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/22/11 09:45

I'm pretty sure that this won't be synchrone. The timing of a pc isn't really exact at all, so there will be differences. Also if the pc/OS has a short "lag" the platforms won't be synchron at all. You should synch. them all 2 seconds or so. This would be enough I think.

Re: DR Multplayer - 05/22/11 10:39

You´re right, i´m doing this already laugh

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/05/11 11:15

So a big update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQD94HQQBU

I made a small "Trailer" to show the new elemts of the game.
enjoy and please give me some more tips laugh

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/05/11 11:47

Dude, it's awesome! Idea is great, I like the blurring effect. But I think you need to do something with aiming and recoil. It looks too hard to aim, and recoil needs to be more smooth I think. I also liked that there in no gravity, so dead bodies are just flying around laugh

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/06/11 14:44

Thanks 3run laugh
It was my goal to make aiming hard wink

I´ve got a question to everyone:
How should i name my game? My friends don´t like the name DR grin
Posted By: the_clown

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/06/11 14:46

"Kinetosis" would be a fitting name I think.
Oh, and I'm serious. grin

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/06/11 14:52

"Deception"

I would reduce the blur effect, subtle effects are always nicer. Otherwise, good work!

EDIT: @alibaba's post below: When you "fly", there's way too much blur. A decent radial blur with a clean screen center would fit nicely.

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/06/11 16:17

Ah okay laugh

Posted By: lostclimate

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/07/11 04:15

looks amazing. I would make only one suggestion. add a physics based grappling hook. i could just imagine using gavity switches to flip upside down shoot at a corner and pendulm around them to catch up with an enemy or get away quickly. grin of course im not sure something that complex would be really easy to implement smoothly. especially with net play. All the same, Kudos.

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/18/11 21:20

My last Video until i release a first Alpha version laugh

In this Video i present you some new stuff like Portals and Grenades:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3gpt6qb940

I´ll release an Alpha version as soon as i got my A8 version laugh

Enjoy and gimme some more ideas please laugh

BTW The game is now called "Sky Titans". Is this okay?

EDIT: How can i change the name of the topic?
Posted By: xxxxxxx

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/18/11 23:10

Looks very good, i'm wating for the alpha laugh!!!
Sky Titans sounds much better than "DR"!!!
maybe the portals could be like vortex were you can see what is behind the other portal, so you see where you trow a granade/shoot at.
and some objekts should be smoother(for example the litte blue(non moving) objekts) wink
(Sorry for my english)
xxxxxxx

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 01:12

i dont like the name, sounds REALLY cheesy, like its trying to sound cool, am one for simpler and memorable names plus this is playing with gravity, lol i dont see how sky comes into it =P

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 01:27

Newton's Nightmare laugh

no, but making a name is hard without a theme.

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 01:29

exactly and i dont see a theme here yet, i'd call it:
- inversion

though am quite sure that name mustve already been used

[EDIT]
you should be able to edit the first post to change the name

[EDIT 2]
yes i remember a game was recently announced called inversion, too bad ^^

i just think it needs to sound empty or weightless, like void or something but goodluck, maybe others do like skytitans tongue
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 07:08

When thinking of titans I think of large godlike/demonlike entities, maybe that's the problem. I don't mind the Sky part, but Titans sounds large in shape.

I also dislike the use of portals. Don't get me wrong, I love portals and I really like how you implemented it, but from a developers kind of view it looks so much like copying portal. And as long as you can't see through them you might as well make them teleporters or something.

Other than that, great effort, and as I said on facebook: Ender's game for the win!

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 08:14

Yes, you all are right, the name doesnt fit grin
I think about it later.
I´ll try to get a modelers attetion so i can provide a theme laugh
I think most of the time, the game will take place in space.

@Germanunkol
Okay, then i´ll rename them to teleporters and change their model. Is that okay?

Thank you all for you answers laugh

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 10:59

Why do you need portals/ teleporters at all? Isn't the game about floating in space and running on arbitrary walls and shapes? IMO they don't fit into the game, not because of their appearance but because of the gameplay.

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 13:02

Yes you are right, i just thought more elements = more fun grin

So i should remove them completly?

BTW i can´t edit my first post.

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 13:21

Yes, I would remove them completely. Try to polish and finetune your current gameplay as much as possible, I think it has a lot of potential!

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 13:35

nonono, more elements dont equal more fun, more elements can actually break your game, because the player has so many options, he does less of the fun stuff but you really dont need teleporters in a game where the player can already go anywhere wink

goodluck with a theme, try making a modeler request video and posting it on different sites, maybe someone will see and like your gameplay

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/19/11 13:35

Okay, i´m already polishing it and learning the differences between A7 and A8.

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/23/11 02:27

Originally Posted By: Superku
Very nice idea!
Combine your gameplay with a level design as follows

and the game could become a very unique and cool shooter!

this seems REALLY confusing to me, even with colours, i dont think i'd like that very much, i think this game should have simple levels, really simple, and focus on platforming like elements and more verticality, for example, every passage/door should be the height of atleast 2 humans

i think metroid styled levels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UilolE3jQmI&hd=1 would fit this more and i really like that you still use projectile weapons, if it was some energy thing, i'd lose interest grin

[EDIT]
now that i think about it, i think teleporters fit quite well, just make them teleporters instead of portals so you have your own style, also, you could look into 'one way' teleporters as to avoid players exploiting it

[EDIT 2]
hmm the blur and hit detection seem fine to me also

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/23/11 02:51

Quote:
now that i think about it, i think teleporters fit quite well, just make them teleporters instead of portals so you have your own style, also, you could look into 'one way' teleporters as to avoid players exploiting it
Unreal 2003 had a teleporter that could be used as a weapon (if you teleport into someone they'll be ripped into pieces)! I really liked that.

Keep up the good work, alibaba. Don't be afraid to do a LOT of tweaking -- this is a very unusual style of gameplay that means many level-design rules go out the window. As you approach the best scale/openness/complexity for moving gameplay it'll probably have an effect on what the most ideal weapon parameters are (long-range or short-range combat, for example).

Many shooters are 3D in appearance but really just 2D in practice (most of the action happening across a single plane). As players need to be aware of threats in all directions now, I imagine slower and closer gameplay might be more enjoyable (some limits on how regularly the player can change their gravity?), but it's impossible to say without being able to play it myself.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Jibb

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/23/11 03:11

i think it would be really in a core of the earth type environment as well were your surrounded completely by lava, with moving platforms to keep you safe, and fireballs, lava geysers etc to take all that saftey back away from you grin

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/23/11 03:18

well guns plus core of earth seem pretty weird eh ? lol well he'll have different levels am sure but am liking the space vybe

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/24/11 05:20

Okay, just for clarifying:
I´ll make different levels, each with its own advantage. I´ll use different styles, as you told, in space, maybe IN earth and so on.
I´ll keep the bullet weapons and will not add any laser beam mega ultra guns, dont worry grin

I was working on a sniper rifle. At the moment i´m working on the first level for the alpha release. Then í´ll test again with some friends and if everything goes well, then i´ll release it here laugh Should be ready in 1 week or so.

Re: DR Multplayer - 06/29/11 20:47

Some new gameplay elements laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5iyXcMJBhM

Added a sniper rifle and now some moving and rotating asterorids, where you can land and fight wink

I´ll polish it some more due some bugs and small glitches.
I hope to release it soon, because it would be more fun with 12 player wink

Sky Titans - 07/03/11 17:22

Such a level would be awesome, isnt it?

Re: Sky Titans - 07/19/11 15:28

New Video laugh
But this one is the last one grin
really!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-XJnmSEcJ0
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Sky Titans - 07/19/11 16:15

I really like the idea and how much effort you put into the project, well done!

Re: Sky Titans - 07/19/11 17:33

Great bro, keep this up! laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/19/11 21:42

If i made some higher quality space type platforms would you use them? not promising anything, just wondering.
Posted By: bart_the_13th

Re: Sky Titans - 07/20/11 01:58

Holy c***!!! That's an awesome video, epic! I like that motion blur and the walk on all surface thing grin

Re: Sky Titans - 07/20/11 04:11

@All
Thank you all! This gives me a big motivation boost laugh

@lostclimate
of course i would use them, because i lack at modelling grin

Re: Sky Titans - 07/20/11 07:59

Well i got started, its not super impressive, but the main platform i made tileable so that you can place them side by side making more complex larger platforms. ive also added thrusters to the bottom and corner rails. I put them all on one shared texture sheet. The normals and amb occ is all baked, but i still have work to do such as making the normal overlay (a metal texture) and doing the actual textures themselves. also you'll notice the baked normals are a little screwy on the thrusters, so i have to go in with gimp and fix them. Like i said, it wont be amazing but i would say its better than nothing laugh

Ill trade you. the platform, for a chance to hop on and play with you guys with it in game some time.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/20/11 08:07

Thank you, that´s awesome! Very great! I´ll use them, don´t worry laugh

One problem could be the handrail, because as you know, you can walk on every surface wink

Re: Sky Titans - 07/20/11 08:18

i thought about that, i was thinking it might make some cool cover to land on though if your shooting somebody you could land on it and shoot between the rails below you. not sure if your deadreckoning system handles moving on small objects all that well though. my other idea would be to put some particle beams between them to make it look like there is some sort of force field there, and putting like a transparent plane over it to walk on. i could even put some sort of mesh like fencing in it if really necessary.

glad you like it so far.

Edit: and of course if you didnt want to use the rails, they come seperate anyways, so they arent really necessary, just thought some rails for cover/obstacle, might be useful.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/20/11 08:21

That´s a good idea! Never thought about cover grin Good, then please keep it laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/21/11 03:30

Heres some updates, not too much left to go, but still a bit to do.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/21/11 04:32

Cool! grin Cant wait to see those in the action.
@alibaba : is there a chance the platforms in the game moving and spinning? Now that the platform has boosters on it, I think adding moving platforms will add challenge into the gameplay (and of course the programming grin ).

Re: Sky Titans - 07/21/11 05:44

Of course there are spinning and moving platforms wink

Re: Sky Titans - 07/22/11 05:21

TADA!

ok well its not that impressive, but im done working on it. if you want to pm me your email, ill send it to you. like i said, the condition is that i get to try it out with you guys laugh i hope thats fair enough tongue

Pics:

tried to add some space like lighting in the shader viewer for ya. its all closed mesh's as well so you can use stencil shadows if you go that route as well.

I dont like how the textures turned out, but i think the normals look pretty spiffy.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/22/11 09:01

Thank you, look very great! laugh

send you a PM wink

Re: Sky Titans - 07/22/11 19:23

All sent. Sorry i didnt just post it on here, didnt know if you wanted resources public, especially since its a 2048 texture so you could easily cut it up into tileable textures for a different type game (not that i think anyone would steal them, but didnt want to take a chance.)
Posted By: maslone1

Re: Sky Titans - 07/22/11 21:01

Very interesting game. Looks already very nice! I wish you good luck with your project.

ciao

Re: Sky Titans - 07/22/11 23:27

made this too if your interested:

Re: Sky Titans - 07/23/11 10:09

Sorry that i replied so late, but i was playing Paintball yesterday wink

Thank you for the platform. I´ll start to implement it today laugh

AND OF COURSE I`M INTERESTED!! laugh
Man, this looks very great! laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/23/11 15:46

No worries, wish i coulda been playing paintball yesterday laugh

I'll be glad to see what this all looks like in game.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/23/11 20:43

you know why I think i like this project so much, it reminds me of the game in the book "enders game" im not sure how many people read that, its pretty good or at least it was in high school.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/23/11 21:46

The controllable gravity is such a cool and unique gameplay feature. It's like having a hook-shot, but you don't even need to hook it on something.

I've never seen players launching themselves at each other from any angle while shooting and melee attacking like this before.

Jibb

Re: Sky Titans - 07/23/11 22:43

i know, that knife thing is impressive, can you imagine what it will be like trying to dodge those constantly?

EDIT: lol i modeled you a grenade since it seemed out of the weapons your using right now, those are the most low detail, didn't know if you were sticking with current weapons (which seem a bit out of place to me) anyways, i finished the low poly, then the hard surface version of the high poly, went to save and accidentally reset blender to factory settings... frown fml.
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Sky Titans - 07/24/11 09:59

I personally would love to see todays weapons in the game, I always hated futuristic laser bullshit weapons, they just feel so utterly wrong. So please go with the current weapons @alibaba!
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: Sky Titans - 07/24/11 15:01

The interesting thing is: an AAA title is coming, with the exact same gameplay(by gravity) A shooter...damn cant remember the name >.<. Atleast we alll here know that this game here has been the "first" laugh

Hope to get my hand on something playable soon, looks like being a lot of fun.

Greets
Rackscha

Re: Sky Titans - 07/24/11 15:46

Originally Posted By: Rackscha
The interesting thing is: an AAA title is coming, with the exact same gameplay(by gravity) A shooter...damn cant remember the name >.<. Atleast we alll here know that this game here has been the "first" laugh

Hope to get my hand on something playable soon, looks like being a lot of fun.

Greets
Rackscha

Shattered Horizon?

Re: Sky Titans - 07/24/11 16:05

Nope, its another one and its not out yet. it plays on earth without Space/galaxy. Character is capable of doing the same gravity trick though.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/24/11 16:45

the name was already mentioned in this thread: INVERSION right ?

agree with justSid about the weapons but i dont agree that he should use accurate weapons like he has now, i still think he can use bullet based weapons but make them his own design, you know, think killzone/halflife

Re: Sky Titans - 07/24/11 17:23

@all thank you all. Im away for a week and have no decent inet connection. Ill contnue working and answering when im back

Re: Sky Titans - 07/24/11 18:05

Originally Posted By: darkinferno

agree with justSid about the weapons but i dont agree that he should use accurate weapons like he has now, i still think he can use bullet based weapons but make them his own design, you know, think killzone/halflife

Thats wht i was thinking more of. a space suite and an m16 just dont match to me, but maybe a soup'd up m16? some hardcore version of the shotgun.... something like that.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/24/11 19:07

yep, the halo UNSC weapons seem perfect for example, not the plasma/laser/alien crap though

Re: Sky Titans - 07/25/11 01:56

There's a lot of futuristic weapons(in games and movies) that don't use laser and plasma and such. The morita form starshiptrooper ,M41a from Aliens ,and the XM32 from Area 51 for example.
Check here for more:
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Category:Gun

Re: Sky Titans - 07/25/11 10:00

take a look at the weapons from Aliens vs Predator (2010), they are futuristic but bullet-based

Re: Sky Titans - 07/25/11 15:35

thank you all for your hints. Its really a pity that such a game already exists. I really thought that i finally have a unique idea frown should i continue working on this ? And dont worry. Ill keep the bullet system. Ill change the apperience of the weapon as soon as a modeler is interested wink

Re: Sky Titans - 07/25/11 15:42

Yes, of course, don't stop your game, competition will only make it even better! wink

Btw. the Killzone 2/3 weapons are awesome, esp. their handling.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/25/11 15:50

Bro, my personal taste: you game is cooler than that IVERTION (or how is it called?)! Most of the games in nowadays have that rubber felling... they aren't alive and I hate 3 person for such idea. I love how you made your project FPS with such unique idea! It's still first FPS game with this ideas that I know! So please, don't even think about stopping this one! And I agree with Superku about killzone weapons, something like that will be great! For example, take a look at the Terminator UDK game, I like how they made weapons in it (the visual look of models) but they have laser stuff, which makes them suck.
Take a look at them here:
Cover system WIP
NoLegs/Assassination Test

Re: Sky Titans - 07/25/11 16:08

Your game is very different from Inversion. Keep it up.

Jibb

Re: Sky Titans - 07/25/11 17:38

A quick sneak peek. :

Re: Sky Titans - 07/26/11 04:48

if thats the grenade then i think its pretty bland for this game, it needs to pop out more, colorscheme

ahhm, i dont agree with anyone about the killzone weapons fitting this game, maybe the actual models but not their movement, killzone weapons feel heavy and sluggish which would be HORRIBLE in this game, the feel you have now is fine .. you just need models

Re: Sky Titans - 07/26/11 04:55

It hasnt been finished yet, im adding different metals to it, then im going to have some paint over it probably in some parts

Re: Sky Titans - 07/27/11 17:36

Thoughts?

I also included a full view of the shader viewer so that you can see what lighting settings i used for the demo pic as an example if you wanted.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/27/11 17:45

Looks much better, may be add some glow to it (blue or red one, may be depending on teams, if there be team deathmatch) so while flying it'll have some kind of color trail (like nades in L4D 4r example).
Posted By: Quad

Re: Sky Titans - 07/27/11 18:12

yeah the black band at the bottom part(the silver colored part) could be an inner-beveled glowing light.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/27/11 18:17

i tried to make it as multi purpose as possible. For an indie title im thinking resourcefulness is key. It can be thrown end over end so it can one hit kill with the sharp side, the button on top can be pressed for a proxy grenade or the "buttons" can be pressed to change grenade times wink not sure if all those will be implemented but i wanted to give the team the ability to use it for as many things as possible..

The glow is a good idea, not sure if they are using appropriate shaders, but i do have proper source to do it, and to change paint colors easy if needed..

I also want to start on some guns, but first im hoping alibaba can give some details on what type of guns they have set up for so that i wont waste time on a gun that isnt easy to put in. I already have a sort of clue from the videos, but i dont want to assume just off of that.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/27/11 23:11

thank you man, looks awesome! Ill be back home tomorrow. Man, you are great! laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/28/11 03:48

No problem. As you can see I'm fairly psyched about this project, I generally don't do much free work. Here is a quick peak at how the high poly assault rifle is going. looking for inspiration if someone has any on details i can add before i finish fitting the mid and low poly (I already made the mid for up close ingame and a lod for other characters running around.

I just can't wait until I can see these all in a game. Haven't even worked on a fps since i was a wee lit'l game dev when i first got started laugh up until now it seemed like a moot point because without some special feature, fps's usually require AAA funded art to have a chance.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/28/11 05:52

Looks great, but I don't like connections between clip, grip and pivot, it looks kind of strange, real weapon wont need those connections, they will interfere shooter in real combat, but this is just my opinion, other ways, weapon is hot!

Re: Sky Titans - 07/28/11 06:17

i do agree with you except for the back one. thats also part laziness, i modeled that right into the geometry of the high poly, very nontrivial at this point to take out, that front one though ive regretted from the beginning.

really quickly skinned the game usable up close version temporarily (didnt clean up the map at all) and then just baked it immediately to see how well this gun will bake... have to say im pretty pleased with the results. keep in mind this isnt skinned optimumly so the texture resolution isnt even mapped out well yet.

but like i said i do agree about the front part, think it looks much better without.

EDIT:

btw, 3636 tris.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/28/11 06:20

Now it's awesome laugh But will that "connection" to the clip stay while realoading? Or will it move somehow? I don't like the connection grin But, that's not important, model is awesome!

Re: Sky Titans - 07/28/11 06:24

clip slides in the bottom so you never see the clip outside of the reload (havent even made a clip model yet.) The only reason im leaving that connection is that it would be quite hard to remove from the model at this point. probably should taken more time between steps to get critique, but its a very motivating project for me for some reason. laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/28/11 09:56

grenade model better but i still dont think it stands out enough for this already dark game, i just think it needs some color standing out

decent weapon models, goodluck with those anims wink unless you know how to get it to use the current anims ? doubt it though
Posted By: mk_1

Re: Sky Titans - 07/28/11 15:25

Use a trail for grenades like Halflife2 and DNF do. That should stand out (and looks cool)

Re: Sky Titans - 07/28/11 18:03

Finally back home laugh

lostclimate, thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it laugh
I think my model problem is solved now. The weapon looks awesome! I hope you´ll continue working with me. I´ll add you at skype so we can talk and play wink

Developement continues..

Re: Sky Titans - 07/29/11 16:05

Lostclimates models ingame:

Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Sky Titans - 07/29/11 16:12

Watching the gameplay video, the concept and such looks unique but the execution is less than satisfactory. The animation of the weapons and the physics look... clunky, for lack of a better word. You should take some time to smooth out the physics and the animation.

On another note, I think LC's rifle looks great now. Am I correct in my understanding that the "magazine" you see under the rifle there is really a "sleeve" for the real magazine?

Re: Sky Titans - 07/29/11 16:17

thank you, you´re right. I am no animator so i´ll try to do my best laugh
Today i´ll implement blending animation scenes. And you´re also right with the physics. That´s because i´m using the bodyparts of the old model. i´ll fix them laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/29/11 17:13

glad to see them in game laugh. might i suggest tuning down the specular or the power on the astroids? they still look ok think but also a bit plastic. The shader viewer is really good for getting a fine tuned look out of them.

Im glad you like them.

@redeemer: yes the bottom of that is a sleeve still. havent modeled the clip yet. there isnt actually even a modeled port on the bottom of the gun for a clip since i probably keeping the uv's for that very small since the bottom should theoretically rarely be visible, ill probably just add a small chunk of square indent to the normal map and paint it black. glad you like the gun. grin

BTW sent you the grenade.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/29/11 22:58

new update on the rifle... bored because my computer is basically non functional due to rendering the ambient occlusion map... its been like 1.5 hours now and its still like %33 finished.

I wanted to show you though the difference (as hard to see right now as it might be) but i did a lot. added several extra loop cuts to even out the primary diffuse shading (since it was making large black artifacts even with the normal mapping. Re uv mapped everything to a much more efficient map, and baked rebaked at 512 resolution to see how it looked. then i started the final bake for 4096x4096 4x AA but it is sloooooowwwwww... but i did get the normal map already and that is on there. and thats where we are today!:

now the low 512 res ao map kinda fights with the 4096 normal map, as does the fact that i made the gun look fps, but you can definately see a difference. im excited to see how the ao maps turn out

...and i really hope they are fine after the first bake mad

the first person view i hope gives a better perspective on its overall in game affect.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/29/11 23:02

Wow.... Just AWESOME!! O.O
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Sky Titans - 07/29/11 23:33

In first picture, the brown thing as a too much low res texture. Same thing on next pictures , the meteorite don't have an enought detailled texture for a FPS view and game !
Why not increasing the resolution , or bringing normal map or baked detail texture ?

------------

For the levels instead of throwing simple 3D objects like that, you should make real concept draws , Google on internet
for gravity ideas and pictures, elements !

And you should really think in terms of strategy, to avoid a
simple jump and gun with gravity !
Somewhat like the bad oldf FPS : Quake Wars; where it was only players doing jump and gun like bunnies laugh : AWFULL

So you could perhaps think in terms of bonus, strategie, tactics using gravity , if it is the main originality on your FPS !

Some ideas from scratch to inspire you :

The most important i think would be :
- Gravity affecting bullets would be great also :
A player would be shooting in a zone, and would be winning
against nother almost, suddenly the gravity would come back in that zone , affecting the player shooting that could not be as precise ! The player that would be loosing for example had catched meanwhile a bonus givinghim and it's bullet's no gravity effect for some seconds : What would give him a big advantage now !

After taht here is some other ideas !
- Little rounded planets where you could jump from one
to another in a level (Mario Galaxy style)
- Closed environement , like connected rooms, or unique rooms
with only one or two gates (entrances or automatic doors)
where gravity would be normal or different ?
- Tunnel or tubes (connected or not)
- Gravity zones (perhaps some indicators like colors, shader etc ... ) to indicate the direction of the gravity !
- Switches to invert gravity on these zones
(just play Mario Galaxy)
-Bonus to boost anti gravity (more speed and more control
over the gravity going on the zone)
This would forces players to try to reach these bonuses to
win bigger advantages
- Zones where gravity changes each time
- Example Bonus: Gravity inverted
- Boots or Jetpack allowing to not be so affected by gravity

Just to say you can make something really new, and polish it later, but planning gameplay, bringing new ideas, putting stratie , tactics, originality is really necessary if you want to make something not so standard !

Keep it up laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/29/11 23:48

you have to consider ratchet that right now he is just testing. there is no dedicated level designer yet and thats not even the phase he is in. as far as the rocks go, im not sure what you mean? its a 2048 map^ and i dont see a single part were a pixel on the map is bigger than a screen projected pixel... Now it does look very blobby because there is too much specular, but if you zoom in on it you will see that it does have a high resolution texture.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/30/11 01:05

a little progress.. roughing out the low poly pistol.

still waiting for the damn ao render for the rifle (at about 50% right now)

EDIT:
worth the 7 hour wait:

Re: Sky Titans - 07/30/11 01:51

That spike looks like it could do some serious melee damage! Keep it up, brother.

I want to see this game well-tested, reasonably polished, and released.

Jibb

Re: Sky Titans - 07/30/11 05:30

i guess im posting quite a lot, but i feel its also because ive been productive so maybe thats a good thing

preview of the pistol, lowpoly plus low res bakes:

picture that with sights and of course not so many jaggies/crisper definition. Any ideas? as with the rifle im open to some suggestions, others would be too much work at this point, but i'd still like to hear them.

interesting fact... I was able to build the low low poly (lod version), this version, and the high poly version in the time it took just to render the ao for that rifle, if that gives any insight to my constant complaint about render time. laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/30/11 06:19

It reminds me of the pistol from Kingpin laugh

Looks great so far laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/30/11 10:05

@lostclimate
Your models are just beautiful laugh

@ratchet
These are some good ideas laugh I´ll keep them in mind, thanks!
As lostclimate said, this is still a testlevel. I´ll start with the level as soon as evrything works as it should laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 07/30/11 10:10

drawing near a usable state:

Re: Sky Titans - 07/30/11 11:31

that looks great!

Re: Sky Titans - 07/30/11 14:02

As i said, just awesome!

Re: Sky Titans - 07/31/11 04:59

Ok, as much as i dont want to I think im going to call the texturing done. I baked the lod version as well as you can see, at a distance it should look pretty similar.

I could do more, but after a 7 hour ao bake, many hours texturing and modeling it several times (lod, mid and high poly) Im running out of inspiration for it and to be honest im tired of looking at it tongue

EDIT: well im done except doing the spec map but that shouldnt take long

btw, the color difference is different lighting, didnt really think about making them the same when i was capturing the screens.

also i dont like that the forum resizes the pictures, you can right click view image to see the full size and the texture in better detail.

Re: Sky Titans - 07/31/11 09:00

Re: Sky Titans - 07/31/11 22:54

@losticmate:
7 hours of waiting , that's not reasonnable !
What tool did you use ? Perhaps you put too much hight settings ? You could do a fastest bake on blender that patin on top of it if needed perhaps ?
Even for complete high scenes, there are fast renderers today !
----------

Your rifle is really good , ready for game laugh

For the gun, the sort of little knife in the front , i find it
bad placed if it it designed to a closed hand attack with it !
Make it more efficient , put it under the canon part, it will be more realistic in terms of usage laugh

Like the accessory at the bottom line on the picture :

Re: Sky Titans - 08/01/11 04:13

well my processor is a little outdated, and it is a 4096^2 map with 4x aa so it is expected to take a long time but still frustrating. what i was going to ask alibaba if he'd consider is making the pistol a dual wielded weapon that can also act as sort of a katar as well

Re: Sky Titans - 08/01/11 10:30

I think i won´t add dual wielded weapon at the moment. Maybe later, but not at this stage laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 08/01/11 14:44

Just wondering laugh I'm moving right now and probably won't have my pc for a week. I was gonna send it before i left but the zip was 65mb, and I didn't have time to upload it before I left (im on my phone right now.)

Re: Sky Titans - 08/01/11 14:50

@Lostclimate: maybe you should deal with lower textureresolutions for baking while testing o.O.

Re: Sky Titans - 08/01/11 14:51

Nah, don´t worry about it lostclimate. I have a lot of time and i can also work at other parts of the game laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 08/02/11 19:32

@Rackscha: I do, that was the final bake though. laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 08/02/11 20:13

phew o.o

Re: Sky Titans - 08/03/11 11:06

Yeah, for the pistol imma use 2k maps for the pistol, but when I do the shotgun and the sniper rifle I'm expecting the same thing (4k maps)

Re: Sky Titans - 08/09/11 13:47

Eek still saving to get my computer shipped smirk

Re: Sky Titans - 08/12/11 11:53

Oh, i think i forgot to write...
I´m in turkey for 4 weeks and have no constant internet connection.
I´ll have a lot of free time.
Please give me a lot of tips and so on laugh
I´ve already fixed the bugs, which my friends reported laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 08/12/11 18:55

<- Needs his computer back... want to at least get that rifle sent. *frustration*

Re: Sky Titans - 08/18/11 11:10

Took Superku´s picture in account and here´s the result:

Re: Sky Titans - 08/22/11 11:36

No Comment?

Re: Sky Titans - 08/22/11 11:50

I would useramps instead, having people that way in stairs is a bit strange grin

Re: Sky Titans - 08/22/11 12:25

No its fantastic. You can do one of those weirtd rooms where stairs are at the ceiling too.

Your gameplay is crying for weird maps^^

edit: this would be a great map for your game :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQaNfeBooH4

Re: Sky Titans - 08/23/11 01:59

Thank you all laugh

@Painkiller
This is just to irritate the player grin

@Rackscha
i already started working grin

And thanks, great Video laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 08/23/11 11:55

year cool^^.
Count me in as a tester if you need one grin

Re: Sky Titans - 08/23/11 14:46

Deny gravity grin

Re: Sky Titans - 09/07/11 19:07

Finally back in germany (although i don´t like it).
Working on 2 Levels and will implement the new weapons when john sends them laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 09/07/11 22:28

grrr... just need my computer. i have the grenade and rifle finished.... wanna finish that pistol too and make some hands. i might just start working on hands while i wait on my temp computer.

Re: Sky Titans - 09/09/11 17:27

Have fun on this map grin

Arg, my head is hurting :S

Re: Sky Titans - 09/19/11 20:18

Okay, finally i´ve learned how to use structs tongue
I´ll clean up the code one more and then it´s testing time!! grin

BTW I played it with Liamissimo, darkinferno and one more friend. Had some crashed, but worked well laugh
@lostclimate
Would have been great when you also were online laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 09/19/11 20:23

i am online, would love to test. just wish i had the assets i created already to throw on there laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 09/19/11 20:31

As you see i have still lot of work on the scripts, so need to hurry laugh
Please come as often online as you can so we can test it laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 09/19/11 20:33

will do. i'll have to grab skype for this pc so i can stay in contact. laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 09/23/11 05:18

Sky Titans now on IndieDB
http://www.indiedb.com/games/sky-titans

You can find recent screenshots there, but i´ll also continue updating this topic wink

Re: Sky Titans - 09/23/11 12:17

Quote:

alibaba, please add a little shading (f.i. sun or view/ normal direction shading) to your level surfaces, it's so hard to distinguish level structures (same on indieDB screenshots).

Re: Sky Titans - 09/23/11 14:04

Yep, right. These are some old screens. I´ll upload new ones soon laugh
Thanks for your input
Posted By: Roel

Re: Sky Titans - 10/06/11 17:23

I don't know if anyone already said it,
but I found this software to make space skyboxes with: Spacescape

Re: Sky Titans - 10/06/11 20:31

Thank you for the Link! Looks very interesting! laugh

Re: Sky Titans - 10/18/11 14:21

Okay, new screens arrived from the coop mode laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/28/11 21:10

http://ifile.it/y29ha7s

Here, you wanted it, you get it!

Download it now. Train your Sk1llz. Server will be up tomorrow.
I hope everything works. If not, then it´s your fault.

Hold down every bug and report them to me. Most models are placeholders. Gfx is sh*t, just like the sounds. Story coming soon.

I want it to be as stable as possible.
You have 2 modes. Deathmatch and survival.
the survival isn´t complete. The Boss is missing.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 11:25

Server is Offline.
IP:
qxn.dyndns.org

I´ll change the maps every ~30 mins

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 16:55

Y U NO PLAYING?!?!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 17:07

how do i go full screen?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 17:13

No Fullscreen atm, and no chat. I´ll add them now laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 18:12

Server is Offline.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 18:12

Yeah, the blur.

There is also sometimes that you can kill yourself with nades 3 times in one life, or 2 different people can kill you at the sametime.

You can see muzzle-flashes from behind blocks.

there is also this:

weapon moves like someone is holding it in idle animation.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 18:18

Noted everything. Will be fixed.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 19:16

Hm just wanted to try it, at least to jump and fly through space on my own server, but I cannot join the match when I run a server, right?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 19:19

You can, you just have to start another Process.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 20:36

Ah ok, I did not know that I have to enter "127.0.0.1".
Shooting feels pretty satisfactory, although the recoil is a little rough. Instead of increasing the camera.tilt, try sth as follows:

if(shoot) camera_recoil = 10+random(5);
camera.tilt += camera_recoil*time_step;
camera_recoil = maxv(camera_recoil-7.5*time_step,0);

The sniper rifle does not have any recoil at all when you shoot in zoom mode. I've shot a small and big caliber this year in Canada, the big one of course kicks you like a horse but even the small one makes it impossible to stay on target when you shoot, no matter how tight you hold it.

The free space movement is a very nice gameplay element, the moment when you release the shift key though it does not feel very good right now. Instead of simply falling down (what does not make much sense) I would suggest you let the player keep flying in space in the direction of the last thrust.
Imagine you jump off a platform (in space) and boost yourself into one direction for about a second. Now you can freely rotate the camera around but you keep flying in the direction of your previous boost, that is in the direction of your absolute velocity. When you now press the thrust key again and point in another (or the same) direction, you add some velocity to the absolute movement, if you've played lunar lander you know what I'm talking about.

vec_set(temp,vector(10*time_step,0,0));
vec_rotate(temp,camera.pan);
vec_add(absolute movement vector, temp);
vec_normalize(abs vector, minv(vec_length(abs vector),50);

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/29/11 20:43

Very good points! Thank you very much laugh

EDIT: The falling comes from the "gravity-boots".
With pressing shift, the boots get deactivated and the "specialjump" is being activated.
But you´re right. It´s to rough.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 11:14

Okay, solved most of the bugs.
@Superku
Done everything, exept the recoil thing. I´ll work on this later.

I´ll upload the update shortly.
It contains the Boss in the survival mode, bugfixes and a readme.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 12:56

Okay, here´s the update:
http://ifile.it/r7t9l5u

Please test one last time. I have to upload it today.
-added chat with enter
-mouse lock with p
-stats with tab

and the documentation.

SERVER ONLINE!

And here the documentation:
http://ifile.it/cpy6u2i

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 13:12

As there is no one online, I suggest you post a time, f.i. 8pm CET, when we all join simultaneously for a nice deathmatch game.

Mouse lock does not seem to work (I've changed the resolution with F5 and pressed F multiple times).
I still find it a bit weird that the gravity boots pull you downward when you release Shift. I would prefer a free floating like I've mentioned in my previous post, it does not feel like you're in space right now, but it's of course your decision.

Btw. the element Iridium can be found on earth and it's not new. wink

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 13:20

Damn, wrong document ^^

here:
http://ifile.it/cpy6u2i

And you´re right with the mouse. I´ve fixed that. laugh
Too bad that noone is online when you are online. I played with 3 people, right before you came online.

I wantd the boots to help, but also kill you. i.e. if you have no specialjump while flying, then you fall down and get killed, and without boots, you wouldn´t need that much specialjump, because you could just look at any dirction, press shit only once and the space does the job.

Superku is right. Server is now OFFLINE
and will be online at 8:00 PM.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 20:03

Server is open.
Will stay open for approx. 2 hours.
Please look up at my Post. I´ve updated it with the new game.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 20:54

grr... im on an awful computer. only get like 10fps and after a minute or two of not being able to do anything it just crashes (after i login to the server. frown i can see people talking in chat laugh smirk )
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 21:07

@lostclimate:
you can disable all shaders (afaik), then you'll get better results

@ali:

really nice game!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 21:42

Thanks for playing @ all!
Server is now down.
I´ll solve some more bugs and upload it tonight for IGF.
For you my lovely community i´ll do a completely rewritten version laugh

@lostclimate
Yep, you can deactivate shaders. But i´ll also redo the levels, but this time out of models instead of blocks. They are so insanely lame.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 22:38

yes but then you wont have shadows and actually.. this needs some better lighting

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/11 22:49

I think i´ll bake them

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/29/11 17:04

Okay, been a long time since my last post. But i was productive.
I´ve rewritten the whole game, and thanks to superku, the whole movement code.
It should be much more realistic now.

Demo video will arrive soon.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/30/11 08:08

Here it is (it´s a bit dark):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU9FDY6u4Y8

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/30/11 08:15

You need a good level designer for your project. Gameplay looks great, but visually it`s quite very basic.

What happened to your singleplayer project "Xtreme Trouble"? Are you still working on it?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/30/11 08:30

Yes i am, only the cutscenes are missing, but i´m too lazy to do it tongue
I´ve redone the whole game in the summer holyday. Its much better now, but as i said, the cutscenes are missing.
Maybe i´ll do them this winter holyday,

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/30/11 15:11

Nice,

you might add a powerbar which reduces while flying forwards. Might avoid players flying endlessly without touching the ground at anytime(might be anoying for other players)

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/30/11 15:44

Of course laugh
I already have everything on paper to avoid such things laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/30/11 16:23

Nice, movement looks much better now!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/26/11 20:19

Whatcha think?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/26/11 20:33

Looks nice laugh Nice blood mate grin

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/26/11 20:41

Thanks laugh The blood is from you grin

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/26/11 21:48

Yay, Nutshot! grin
You finally done it grin

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/04/12 11:57

Hi people!
I made big progress and i work hard to release an alpha version tomorrow afternoon.
I´ll give you a clear date, where everybody can join laugh

Now tell me what you think:

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/04/12 12:41

That goes in the right direction. I like the improvements.

But there`re certain things that still could be made better.

1) Weapons. You should implement unique weapons like special lazer guns etc. A standard machine gun doesn`t really fit in a space setting laugh .
Be creative! You should give the players a unique gaming experience and weapons are the "stars" of your game together with the gravity concept.

2) HUD. You really should find a great 2D/3D artist. The HUD looks a bit cheap imho. A "neon" HUD would fit better to your game.

3) Level design and shaders: Goes in the right direction, but you really, really should make somethig unique here. Now it looks like Shattered Horizon with not-that-good graphics.
Don`t work with low res space sky domes. Model your own "space" with comets, space stations (inside and outside -> Capture the flag?), lighting effects, lense flares, HDR and volumetric nebuals. Take a look at CSiS in terms of graphical tricks. Use Shade-C. It`s made for space games wink .

Oh, and try not to use WED and MED for your level design. Make your own detailed models in Blender. And if you can`t: Don`t invest too much time in it and find a great artist and concentrate on scripting and gameplay. laugh

Your game has some really nice ideas. I like it a lot. But you should heavily work on rounding it up with a nice and unique graphics style and level design.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/04/12 18:55

Originally Posted By: Rondidon

Oh, and don`t use WED and MED for your levels. Make your own detailed models in Blender. And if you can`t: Don`t invest your time in level design. Find a great artist and concentrate on scripting and gameplay.

sorry for off-topic and sorry to rondi, but that is great bullshit wink
just because YOU are good at blender, doesnt mean everybody has to do it that way.
I work only in MED, WED and GED and I love it and my Level Design is great in other peoples opinion.

EDIT: About the game: Game is great how it gets along. Dont, DONT add laser Weapons, or atleast not too many!
cant say much about the leveldesign, but its looks alright, but rondi is right about the skycube, an improvement would kick-ass.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/04/12 19:05

Ok, ok, ... tongue No problem laugh

Quote:
Game is great how it gets along.

+1 . It`s really cool how far you got this. Can`t wait to play it tomorrow laugh .
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/04/12 21:14

You should really change the planet image/skin. Other than that it looks great!
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/05/12 11:09

Looks really nice.
But I agree with Rondidon:
It needs some work on the hud and you should use unique weapons
this would make it look more 'futuristic'

If you need help with anything (maybe a hud that fits better to the game) just let me know

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/05/12 18:29

So .. where`s the demo? wink

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/05/12 19:40

Uploading laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/05/12 20:51

HERE IT IS!
http://ifile.it/uopx2cs

Server IP:
qxn.dyndns.org

Controls:

walk with “W/A/S/D”

shoot with “mouse left”

reload with “r”

melee with “e”

normal jump with “space”

activate kill streaks with “v”

statistics with “tab”

R grenades with “g” (gravity is related to players rotation)

NG grenades with “h” (not affected by any force)

zoom in (sniper) with “mouse wheel”

change weapons with “1,2,3,4”

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/05/12 21:11

Server Closed

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/07/12 19:40

Someone wants to join?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/07/12 20:04

here!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/07/12 20:27

Abgestürzt am Ende frown [Edit: Ich glaube das kam vom ZDF Mediastreaming. Habe nebenher Mediathek geschaut und die ist auch abgestürzt inklusive Firefox].

Aber um mal zusammenzufassen:

Coole Codebase, aber das Spiel muss noch besser werden:

- Es fehlt Atmosphäre. Musik, Ambient Sounds, Grafik-Partikeleffekte ...
- Grafik allgemein verbessern
- Movementspeed etwas erhöhen und den Raumanzug auch in der Luft langsam wiedergenerieren lassen.
- Sound für den Raumanzug und Schrittgeräusche (in 3D als Entity Sounds)
- Spieler besser sichtbar machen (z.B. durch Namen auf dem Kopf und Neon-Raumazüge)
- Waffen gegebenenfalls durch "spacigeres" austauschen. Wie die Pulsegun in UT oder so. Lass dir was einfallen
- Spielrunden einführen. 10 Minuten Match, dann neue Runde oder so.
- Medipacks, Upgrades und Items in die Levels
- Levels klein halten und dafür mit individuell gestalten

Das SPiel lebt von "stressigen und schnellen" Matches. Man muss sich immer zurechtfindne können. Gerade ist das Leve noch zu groß und die Orientierung fällt noch zu schwer.

Insgesamt: Coole Leistung. Aber bis zum fertigen, spaßigen, ausgewogenen Spiel fehlt noch was laugh
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/07/12 20:36

-Sniperfadenkreuz ohne dem roten Punkt genau in der Mitte.
-letzten Server "merken", (textfile)
-chat länger anzeigen (braucht man eigentlich nicht ausblenden bei der Größe)
-Nachladen: voll nach dem Respawn, Laden unterbrechen können
-Richtung von dem der Schaden kommt durch rote marker im GUI anzeigen
-Normales laufen um einiges schneller machen.
-vielleicht normales Springen mit Space, und "weites Springen" durch "doublejump - Space"
ich find die Shift-taste sehr unergonomisch
-nicht vergessen später wenn optionen da sind, die Mausgeschwindigkeit einstellbar zu machen
bei meiner Maus(dpi) war die Rotation recht lam
-nicht die Linkshänder vergessen (die sind schon genug gestraft)
die Cursortasten sollten immer alternativ unterstützt werden.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/07/12 21:17

Server closed, thanks for playing! laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/07/12 21:33

@Damocles: Einstellungen werden gemerkt(Client.std im Sky_Titans ornder).
Nur nicht geladen wink
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/08/12 16:00

Theoretisch verbindet man sich also schon zum halben Server wink
Posted By: TheShooter

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/08/12 16:25

Wann geht der Server wieder Online?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/08/12 18:51

Iwann später, jetzt gehts erstmal ans eingemachte grin

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/06/12 14:36

Been a long time since i posted something.
But today i had some time so i tried out some ambient sounds. Most of them are from arteria.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQpH9TQpOc8

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 04/14/12 11:03

Sky Titans needs you!
Please help me with a Level Concept. I need a Map, where i can show the gravitation system on it´s best side.
Thanks for those, who already gave me some concepts laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/09/12 18:02

Okay, after a long time and some work in the holidays i´m finally again ready for a release. What i was working on is a cleaner code and easier implemention of new stuff. Successfully. Besides that i worked hard on making it more stable. I reworked the gravity system.
You can also change the keys now.
Server and client information gets saved now.
Also reworked the weapon system to make it more confortable, because most people complained about the recoil and that it doesnt autoreload.
I´ve left out all graphical effects, because it was too much for some people.
I think thats everything.
Here are the controls for those of you who forgot them:

walk with “W/A/S/D”
shoot with “mouse left”
reload with “r”
melee with “e”
normal jump with “space”
statistics with “tab”
grenades with “g”
change weapons with “1,2,3,4”
chat with "enter"

I´ll hopefully open a server at 08:30 (20:30) PM german time.
Server Info:
IP: qxn.dyndns.org
No password
Port: 2300
Now the download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7midl8wqcxvr95s/SKY.rar

PS: Damn, i forgot the fullscreen code...
to keep the mouse in window press "p"

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/09/12 21:45

ah sad, i missed the uptime^^

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/10/12 08:25

Looks nice mate! Huge improvements! laugh One nice idea, why don't you make grenades bounce from bullets?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/10/12 09:28

Seems like the forum was dead yesterday, so i´m going to start another server today. same game, same place, same time.
@3run
Thanks laugh
Hmmm... right, never thought it could be useful, but i think it shouldnt be a problem to implement.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/10/12 09:29

yaaay
will kill ya all grin
or not grin
Posted By: txesmi

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/10/12 10:24

great! but I got totally lost in the second turn crazy its so hard to place yourself. Anyway very promising gameplay wink

I would say that the hitting wall chuncks are a bit unnatural, they would look better if they go in the bounce direction instead of the surface normal.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/10/12 10:42

Yeah, all effects are as always placeholders tongue
You´re right, you have to get used to the new gameplay, might be hard at the beginning.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/10/12 18:32

Server Online
Posted By: Dveyee

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/11/12 04:00

Originally Posted By: alibaba
You´re right, you have to get used to the new gameplay, might be hard at the beginning.

Haha or you'll get a bit sick! wink No but really, I played the alpha with Alibaba and it's pretty solid already-- at least the FPS part haha! The movement game mechanics is a bit different and I wouldn't say it's for everyone. But don't take my word for it: give it a try!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/23/12 15:58

Finally managed to polish things up and bring Sky Titans to an open beta version. I hope the expectations are not too high ^^
I have done everything me and my friend thought of so i hope there is not much missing.
This Tutorial will help you to get into this new kind of gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kIGtMUdxI8
Server will be online for 3 days from 10:00 AM German time until 8:00 PM German time starting tomorrow(i hope so :D)
Just start starter.exe and press client. Server IP is my ip by default. Just change your Name and press connect laugh
I hope you like it!

Downloadlink:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/metdrngwmcxtaow/ST%200.99.rar

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/23/12 16:21

looks great. BTW, what happened with the Assault rifle that lostclimate made for this game?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/23/12 16:44

I really don´t know, asked him several times about this. He answered that he is waiting for his pc or something like that.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/23/12 23:47

Looks good and smooth, esp. the transition between different surfaces that you walk on. I will test it when I'm back home again.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/24/12 14:10

I´ll open the Sever tomorrow at around 01PM german time. Seems like i won´t be home today frown

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/24/12 21:27

mh, the metal texture reminds be of CUBE grin

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/25/12 20:37

Server is online and i´m playing with 3 friends, you can join wink

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/29/12 19:27

Originally Posted By: painkiller
looks great. BTW, what happened with the Assault rifle that lostclimate made for this game?
Originally Posted By: alibaba
I really don´t know, asked him several times about this. He answered that he is waiting for his pc or something like that.

I moved last year, sent my friend money to send my pc and he still never has. not sure why, everytime I call he says he's going to send it. apparently its just collecting dust in a closet right now.

Its actually quite frustrating. That computer is getting dated by now real bad anyways so I am saving to just build a new one soon anyways, but i really wish I had my old hdd frown ....

EDIT:
Quote:
Just wondering laugh I'm moving right now and probably won't have my pc for a week. I was gonna send it before i left but the zip was 65mb, and I didn't have time to upload it before I left (im on my phone right now.)

lol, just read that... a week my ass..

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/29/12 20:10

Hmm.. sad. But it´s not bad at all. There is still a lot to do and so there is no hurry for models laugh
It's great that you're doing this at all!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/29/12 21:52

Small Preview:

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/30/12 18:52

lol, the wall texture in your video looks familiar laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 08/30/12 18:57

Of course it does wink
It´s from your awesome platform model!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 09/04/12 13:00

just want to say that the playtest yesterday was really awesome!
fun to play, but the level still needs some tweaking

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 10/30/12 14:31

started plotting out a level for this last night now that I have my new computer. Dont have screens since its still only blocked out for basic overlay, and I'm at work, but hopefully I'll have something to show tonight laugh It's basically a planet with a large "crater" with fragmented rock pieces being held above the players head by a large electric forcefield, the entire level takes place in the crater and when you flip gravity you can jump between rock fragments for platforms. contains lava, fireballs shooting out of it and around the level, and a giant electric net that if you hit you die to keep you from leaving the level bounds.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/18/12 20:35

didnt post pics before, so hopefully this will help redeem me.Its not much, just a basic level plot, The detailed wall is the closest to representing what the art will look like. For most of the level design I plan on using some models with a custom multitexture shader that has surface normalmap support, that way models can be gotten very close to and still look detailed, but from a distance you will also see a model wide normalmap that affects the appearance of the shape of the level pieces. The screens were taken in blender, and no surface multitexture normalmapping is done yet, but diffuse was, and so was the full uv size normal map. the rest of the stuff is all dummy placeholders so I have a look/shape/feel to work off of. I did want to point out that the level looks small both because of the low poly art, and the perspectives available in blender,but I tried to get some screenshots with the camera looking from the distance of the size characters are intended to be. you can get fairly close tothe geometry and still see detail because of the custom shader i'm making.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/18/12 20:41

Woooowww!! OMG!
You´ve done this really for Sky Titans?
Awesome!
Didn´t know you were still working on this!
Thank you man, you´re great! laugh

EDIT: I really love the style and it fits also nicely to my idea!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/18/12 21:08

np

also to get better idea of the up close surface normalmapping i did some tests in blender. now in blender I cant get stencils to keep the surface normals on the proper layer, so what your seeing is 3 blended together, it will look much less noisy when they are on there own channel, but it gives you a good idea of how the textures will look in engine:

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/18/12 21:20

Yeah, it's a very good idea! Now let's hope we get this result also in engine grin

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/18/12 23:36

I should avoid talking ... but really ... what represent that meshes ? Anyone could do it ...

Levels appeal comes from the amount of work , study and detail you put on them ...

---------

Okay, i stop it's some sort of work in progress, and it's indie game not AAA.
I have just played Halo 4 the other day , perhaps that's the reason why i'm so hard in critics ?

But well ... you should really work on the level seriously ... but if you want to keep simple things and poor design keep them ... it's your choice !

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/21/12 00:25

lol, well I'm not going to compare my artwork to halo 4, but I've already explained that this is unfinished work. most of it is just dummy props. the wall in the back is much more work than it appears because the scale you can make this level will make it large, and the textures/normals will not look blurry thanks to multitexture normals and diffuse, plus it has a normal map overlaying the entire geometry to define its shape, it is relatively few polygons, most of its shape is defined in its normal map.

small update:

changed the texture scale of one of the rock textures, I like the look better. also started work on the pipe, lava will be flowing out of it. Added the platform, with the same type of texture process as the wall and now im going to start adding in a large metal processing plant on the outside edge of the crater (it comes into the crater partially.

btw, I'm looking at the middle platforms, they will NOT look like a penis when I'm done, it will be two seperate objects, they just have primitive shapes with the same texture on them for now.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/21/12 21:41

Hahaha.. he said "penis" hihih
Nah just kidding.
Thank you again! laugh
It looks like it slowly but steady get´s a shape!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/09/12 10:38

Finally got a new Beta up!
Should be released tomorrow.
The server will be up tomorrow afternoon laugh
And btw, please vote for Sky Titans wink
Posted By: Random

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/09/12 16:58

Great!
Did you do the ragdolls your self?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/10/12 15:09

Nope, it´s the template by Helghast laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/10/12 15:35

Aren't you using A7?? laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/10/12 15:45

Does this make a difference?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/10/12 16:22

Suddenly It does, cause his template is in A7 only.. frown

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/10/12 16:27

Yes i am using A7 laugh
But as far as i know there is also a PhysX conversion?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 12/10/12 16:30

no, there is no proper one frown bones are twisted as hell.. I guess I'll need to work on my own one

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 09/01/13 22:29

Still working on the game! laugh
Short Gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSBLPAO0izI
Posted By: sivan

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 09/02/13 07:30

@alibaba: I really like the concept of your game! the video is a bit chaotic, the test environment is not too sexy, but I'm sure it will be cool finally, the effects are fine.
what I would change if I were you, is 2 things:
- flying speed: I would make it much faster (sometimes it looks a bit ugly), and would make fly control harder, and would disable firing during flight/jump, because:
- I would replace gunpowder weapons with something more futuristic, with laser or plazma thingies or with guided/unguided/infra-red-sensored rockets etc. especially if you keep the ability of shooting during those long flights, they should have a significant impact caused by weapon knockback.
and mybe a 3rd person view could be a cool addition beside 1st person (what I personally dislike in general). and a destroyable environment would be fantastic, adding even more power to the game.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 09/02/13 08:34

First of all, like all projects everything, really everything you see in this video are placeholders.
I´ll try to find a modeller this year, since i am at university now.

About the flying speed: We tried every variety of speed/control. This was the best result we got, because every other setting destroys the gameplay.
And i still want to stick to bullet based weapons, because i (for whatever reason) hate lasers. They just don´t fit to the Sci-Fi theme of Sky Titans.

I am now working on on the flying behavior of the players, we are still testing with friend, whether to disable shooting when flying or just to lower the accuracy.

A 3rd Person view was also tested, but it was, first unfair, and secon to hard to control. It makes things more complicated then they already are.

A destroyable environment sounds good! I am already working on PhysX sync in multiplayer. When it works, i´ll implement destroyable objects.

I am reall thankful for your input! laugh
Don´t get me wrong, but these were critics i already got before and which i already had worked on laugh

Thank you anyways!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 09/25/13 11:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq6sBwdCDgc

Sky Titans is improving each and every day! laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/23/14 13:03

http://www.indiedb.com/games/sky-titans/downloads/sky-titans-18-beta

Released a new version!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/26/14 14:07

This is probably a pretty stupid question... but how do I play/ test your game/ the new beta? I've managed to create a server, can I join it on my own machine, too?

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 02/26/14 14:50

Yes you can, press direct connect and there should be already your localhost ip.
If not the just type: 127.0.0.1

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/04/14 18:09

haha grin
It's from alibaba, not superku

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/04/14 18:13

That's a lie if I ever saw one!

@alibaba: Forgot to try it again, will do that in a few hours.
Posted By: jumpman

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/04/14 18:25

hahaha sorry for the mistake, I had both of your projects open in two different tabs, didnt realize I put my superku post in sky titans post frown

Sky Titans is looking sweet! I saw an XBLIG called Null battles, and I thought the concept was cool. Cant wait to see this one rocking.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/05/14 13:08

Thank you both laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/05/14 19:12

Just tested it (alone). Looks very promising so far, good job! What I really like is that you can fly in a curve around obstacles if you have enough jetpack power.
The weapon handling looks pretty solid, too, however they should lose some accuracy when you are walking/ running/ flying (esp. the sniper rifle always hits dead center even when you are moving sideways).
The grenades could be made shootable, too.
The default walking speed is a little low.

All in all a game with much potential, I would however focus completely on the multiplayer experience and only add botmatches as a singleplayer option.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/06/14 07:23

Thanks for your input laugh

These are some useful suggestions!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/06/14 10:55

To improve superkus idea: Make the grenades as a grenade launcher, maybe multiple firing modes (contact, sticky, timed, ...). Would fit the game environment very well

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/06/14 15:56

Great Ideas!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 03/17/14 12:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNEMX5iTK8U

Interesting to see that there are servers online sometimes laugh
I just joined one and was very cool to see people enjoy my game!
Here are some random scenes from a random round

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 04/06/14 17:49

GRRRRRR. why is it when I have internet I never have a computer that can run anything decent, and when I dont have internet thats when I have a decent rig??!!!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 04/06/14 17:58

Don´t worry, 1.9 is coming soon laugh

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 05/01/14 20:19

hey you. I have internet. and I have a decent rig. neeeeeeed dowwwwwnloadzzz

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 05/02/14 00:32

imma try not to get hopes up and then let down again.... frown

keep in mind, for the sake of actually finishing, I'm only going to be building the barebones before I give it to you. I might also submit detail models here and there, but this is going to be about as basic as it gets, only a few models to flesh out the level shape.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 05/02/14 06:28

Wow! Great! laugh
I'll upload the new version as soon as i'm back in germany.

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 05/18/14 19:33

New Sky Titans version!
Now with offline botfight!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 05/19/14 13:06

Server is online!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/01/14 18:18

http://www.indiedb.com/games/sky-titans/downloads/sky-titans-195-with-first-chapter-of-story

New version, 1.95, contains first chapter of the story. Sadly not everything went as planned so the first chapter is not representative of the final quality.

I also have a website now:
http://www.skytitans.de

What do you think about it? I tried to keep it simple as possible.
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/01/14 18:26

layout of the website loos good, but I don't like the design (mainly colors) very much smirk

Edit: not sure how to say that, it's not really the choice of colors but the lack of structures and borders. It's just a bot too flat.
Posted By: Random

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/01/14 20:02

Like! wink

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/01/14 21:27

Gameplay still good but i got some points (ss always):
- I "glitched" out of the singleplayer mission and was floating through space, no chance to return or restart.
- Could not kill the bots in the tutorial as i had no chance to change the mouse speed anywhere in the game.
- Mini map is neat maybe some transparent level in the map would help orienting
- Intro to singleplayer is pretty cool but the landing sequence takes too long or must be filled with more
- Singleplayer level and terrain looks aweful, texture resultion is too low
- The ships in singleplayer are glitched as well i could walk under the terrain while walking on the collision hull of the enemy landing ship
- Weapons should be a bit more precice
- Isn't it possible to get everything into a single project? Don't really like restarting the whole game for just changing the mouse speed (if it would be possible)...
- Make the intro skippable, please!

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/01/14 21:50

Thank you all for your input!

@kartoffel
sadly i have no sense of design and color, so my focus lies on the functionality primary.

@random
thanks!

@masterq32
-Yes, this is a known bug and i should´ve fixed that but totally forgot it, thanks for reminding!
- ^ Regarding Mouse Speed ^
-Transparent map sounds like a good idea, but could be problematic in closed room or in tunnels
-The landing sequence.. yeah, also heard that before..
-This is also something not in my power, since i have no talent in anything 3D models or texture related
-The ships will be fixed
-Maybe i´ll make them more precise
-That´s what i´m aiming at right now.. It´s just hard to handle all the functions and reset everything and be sure that you really done that to prevent memory leaks... i fear them really much! Memory leaks are my worst nightmares which haunted me a lot before.. but i guess now is the time to fight them..
-It is already skippable, but only with the magical "p" key.. Dunno why i haven´t mentioned it

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/01/14 22:40

Quote:
-It is already skippable, but only with the magical "p" key.. Dunno why i haven´t mentioned it

I did the magic headroll but unfortunatly it didn't find the "p" key grin

Ah and what i did forget to mention:
Please use anisoptric filtering, mipmapping and antialiasing. Sometimes the game looks more like noise than a smooth texture

Re: Sky Titans OPEN ALPHA TEST! - 11/01/14 22:45

Yeah, these are stuff I should(!) have added to the options panel..
© 2024 lite-C Forums