CUBE (from first Movie)

Posted By: Rackscha

CUBE (from first Movie) - 03/24/10 12:20

Ok,
I am going to proceed one of my older projects. I started it long time ago and showed my project to another Community, so it hasnt been seen here.

This is the old Thread in the other community
Old Project Thread(GERMAN)

OK, these are the things i'll have to do:

*working simulation of the whole environment with 17576 rooms and outwall(done)
*procedual generated map(done)
*clipping of unused rooms/element(done)
*Outwall and finish room(done)
*map transfer(done)
*climb system(done)

*procedual generated Math riddle(in progress)
*Multiplayer(improving during development of game)

*character animation(hold)
* different traps(hold)
*thrwoing shoes(hold)

Dont use some of the odler versions from the link above, these sgame versions are really old and not "uptodate". As soon as i fix the map transfer bug, i'll post a new version here.

Some screens:

In a few days, my holidays will start, so i'll have more time(currently translating mangas in my sparetime too)

EDIT1: Prealpha demo(fixxed):
Prealphademo FIXXED

use mouse to look around, wasd to move, ctrl to duck, E to open doors. Climb along the ladders you see at the wall/ceiling.

The menu is in German(later i'll add english too).

Starte Server = start server
Spiel beitreten = join a game (enter ip, for internet server needs port 2300 forwarded)
Optionen = Option (not used atm)
Beenden = Exit

Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 03/24/10 14:08

Those last two screenshots are way too dark.
Maybe you should post something like a demo?
Posted By: croman

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 03/24/10 14:33

agreed, demo or few more brighter screens would be nice. but it seems to me like an interesting project, good luck with it...

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 03/24/10 18:05

I'll post a demo as soon as possible, just some little bugs i want to correct(they appeard during development month ago)

EDIT: good news. found the first reason for one of my bugs. One bug caused the multiplayer to collapse. Well...it was my clipping system. Just imagine a room is created/deleted 60times a second XD.

GReets
Rackscha

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 03/30/10 15:39

OK, i updated the mainpost, you'll now find a downloadlink for a Prealphademo.

And if you turn around by 180 degrees at the beginning and go through THAT door, you'll be at the outerwall with the exit in front of you. Wait for the moving cube. You cant die atm so when you fall down, you'll have to restart.

EDIT: WAIT demo has a problem, includes wrong dll which doesnt run on win7 an 64bit system. Might crash. Currently reuploading the project with fixed dll.

EDIT2: Demo fixxed and working dll included.

GReets
Rackscha

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 13:30

Ok its going on.
Procedual generated Math riddles and displaying of numbers finished.

You have to calculate the numbers THIS way:
((x ? y) ? z) = result

? means + or - or * or /
The way you have to calculate the numbers changes everytime you start a new game(and the numbers itself too wink )

EDIT: and its ANOYING that i cant update the mainpost anymore to update my todo list frown

Greets
Rackscha
Posted By: 3run

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 16:12

Great work with cubes, but too buggy man frown Climbing system very buggy, player offen stuckes in doors and so on... and player should be able to jump I think that will look much better.

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 16:25

What is buggy about the climb system(it should work). The player gets stuck? maybe i havent set the colission box correct.
The collision with the doors is a problem yes, will fix that later. Maybe some kind of sensor to be sure that there is nothing between the door when closing.

EDIT: havent thought about jumping yet, thought it would be kind of useless...but maybe it comes in handy when you try to evade traps.

EDIT2: oh one most important fact i havent written in THIS thread is, that the textures are from a CUBE map made for source games. The user(he called himself toxic, ingame) allowed me to use them for a game written from scratch.
Cant remember where i found the playmodel. Was a CSS playermodel once, modelled from scratch by unknown person.

Greets
Rackscha

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 16:39

Yep, player get stuck. Really hard to enter other rooms frown I think problem is in collusion box

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 19:05

And WHERE is the problem with the climbing system??
More details pls.

Greets
Rackscha

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 19:09

Player get stuck some times, for example when he tries to leave ladder near doors, he stucks frown

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 19:18

But when iam right, you dont get completely stuck, you just hang for a moment when climbing right?(depends on your orientation, as long as you face the ladder, it should be fine. the problem is, when you turn around right?)

GReets
Rackscha

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 19:25

You get completely stuck frown

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 19:40

Thats weird, never happen here.
Retry and try to solve it by changing your oreintation and tell me. I'll have to figure out whats going on(with completely stuck you mean that you have to restart right?)

GReets
Rackscha

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 20:03

yes, same thing happends again and again frown

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/02/10 22:41

OK, let me see if i understood you:

When you try to "jump" from a ladder on to the top of the door to crouch into the tunnel...you get stuck there?
Or do you get stuck inside a WALL while climbing?

Greets
Rackscha

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/03/10 08:43

yes

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/03/10 09:06

You are kidding arent you? You like to make a fool of me right?
HOW can you answer with YES to an OR question?

Iam a bit upset because i have to ask for every single word. Can you explain with MORE than a half sentence?

EDIT: its not that i dont wanna fix it, i just CANT reconstruct it here. Never got stuck permanent(except for the moving cube where movement is still a bit buggy)

GReets
Rackscha

Posted By: flits

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/03/10 09:44

maby he can take a picture ore a movie and upload it here

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/03/10 10:11

Don't think that I like to make you fool bro. My English skills just aren't good enough to tell you what I mean, and that makes me angry, because I can't tell you all I think and all I know. I just always stuck when I'm tring to enter slide doors on the walls and celling, I need to climb to them, and while climbing player just stucks near doors, and I can't go any forther after that frown but I can easity enter to the door that is placed on the floor. But no luck to enter in other doors, that's why I'm always going down in Cube frown Hope you understand, with friendly greets 3RUN

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/03/10 11:01

Ah ok, if your english isnt very well, its ok laugh.
I think i understod your problem. THe only strange thing is, i cant reproduce it.
Thats very anoying. What i do when enetering a side or ceiling door is:
Climb up(side door), open it, climp higher(so feets are above the uper corner of the opened door) and than i enter(with ducking of course).

When i get stuck inside a closed door for example, its always possible to open it. And sometimes the engine itselfs pushes me out.

Maybe you could do me a favour and record a video?

WHOHOO :D, got your problem(at the side doors). I think what you do is:
Climbing up the ladder,opening the door, "jumping" onto the opened door, moving at least one step forward without ducking(here i got stuck in front of the door inside the wall). If you go a similar problem at the ceiling, its still strange(not yet reproduced) but now iam on the problem with the side doors.

GReets grin
Rackscha

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/03/10 11:22

Yep, problem is exactly as you sad, never tried to duck in doors grin But sometimes even without ducking I could get in next cube, so u better check players collusion box. About video, we'll see laugh

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/03/10 11:31

Got it, checked the box and my problem was, that i tried to be TOO exact XD.
Cause the Box changes during ducking, i had do specify the box manualla(to have more controll). Well, for the duck box, i did everything correct. X and Y axis had the same size. But for the stand box i did it wrong. I used a lower X numbers.

You should see it in the pics below:
[WRONG BOX]

[CORRECTED BOX]

I'll upload a fixed version later. But as far as i can see, thats all i had to change. nOw everything seems to work fine.

Greets
Rackscha

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/03/10 11:42

I had the same problem in my game, do you use c_updatehull? It has some problem, when your model has too much animations, and if you want to change durring run-time collusion box from some frame, it makes it too big and wheird %) So better change it youself by min_x,min_y,min_z laugh With friendly greets 3RUN

Re: CUBE (from first Movie) - 04/03/10 11:54

I used min_x/min_y/min_z.

But i set it manually too perfect tongue.
For the ducking i set the base to a quadratic shape(cause i got problems with rotating inside the tunnels). But i didnt set the base of the box to a quadratic shape. Now it is laugh

Greets
Rackscha
© 2024 lite-C Forums