MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction

Posted By: jiegz

MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/09/10 02:39

this is a sample character I've designed, I am now trying to lower down the poly count so I can put it in my game. I'll be uploading more after i finished the first level......

both of these characters are for the good side, I'm still working on other characters at this moment(I'm having a hard time working on my evil character )plus, I want the game assets to have a sci-fi / medieval look which is kind of unusual in a game (something like a final fantasy setting) but of course that will be very hard to accomplish.

I'm trying to linked up various rendering engines with WED so I can use the same export file (like the characters above) in a game since its a challenge foe all of us to have the great visuals in A7 3DGS. I'm able to access mental ray with A7 scripts but it is still not stable at this moment.
(sorry for the watermark guys ! copyright laws!)
feel free to comment on my characters.

hope we can be buddies too hehehehehe!

Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/09/10 08:27

WoW!!!

This looks great, really. You made it fully yourself? How many polys does it have at the moment?
Posted By: Althaj

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/09/10 09:49

boom!!!!
Itīs perfetc....how long you are modeling it???

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/09/10 10:07

yup I made it by myself, my cousin works for square soft and I got access to all of his cool softwares and so i studied them. i'm trying to convert it to a low poly character so i can import it to game studio. as of now it has more than 10,000 poly.
I'll try to get the exact numbers later.

It took me 2 weeks I guess?
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/09/10 10:15

Well, 10 000 polys for one char isn't that bad.

If this is your main char, or if you only want to have one(up to 6) char(s) like this on the screen it would be okay laugh

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/09/10 10:23

to rei: well i'm not so sure if it is 10,000 poly. laugh

ahm It's an RPG game actually and this is one of the 6 characters hehehehe.
Posted By: BastovBros

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/09/10 11:45

can you please reupload or repost the image somewhere, it's not displayed on my computer, maybe the link is broken.....

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/10/10 01:41

I re-up my pix check it out if it works.

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/10/10 11:57

itīs good job...and what about scripting???
Posted By: aztec

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/10/10 13:24

Awesome Work you did it very well.
How did you do the skin? what Programm do you use?

regards

Aztec wink

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/12/10 23:10

the application i used here is 3D studio max 2010 and mudbox both from autodesk. I got also this cool plug in for 3ds which is polygon cruncher. it converts hi-poly mesh to a low poly but preserving the textures.

the problem is gamestudio can only render mesh and texture but not bump, shadows, and light probes, so I did an experiment of using mental ray as a renderer for the visuals and the result was amazing. The only problem is that my game slowed down a lot!

polycount of the characters:

dragon:215,067
apeman ogre:193,908

there you go these are the exact polycount of the 2 characters

(looser) so I'm now working on its optimized version.
since I love 3DGS so much I'll share it with other users for a beta test "3D Game Studio with mental ray" that's how my new version will be called hehehehe!

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 03/13/10 11:37

So,keep working laugh
Posted By: mikaldinho

Re: MY GAME PROTOTYPE - under construction - 04/02/10 18:28

you said you have the plugin, so use it.
© 2024 lite-C Forums