Tomorrow Armor

Posted By: jumpman

Tomorrow Armor - 10/13/09 01:55

Hello TA is still pumpin'!

Below is what is integrated into the game, followed by a youtube video if you dont want to read:

1. Light and Shadow: both an aesthetic and functional addition to the game. Being in shadow will make it harder for enemies to see you, requiring you to be closer to them to be detected.

2. Blast Armor: a new character stat used to reduce the damage done by area explosions. Does not reduce the damage of direct shell impacts. "Blast Stand", a natural buff given to certain unit types which increase their survivability when they are under 30% health.

3. Firestorming and Suffocation: Using your flamethrower, you can light up the grass surrounding your enemy, which can cause him to suffocate. Suffocating units will take extra damage if they are hit by a flame.

4. Big Units: a prototype, untextured mechanized unit is added to tune values for huge units. The "LM" here is a heavily armored mechanized armor, capable of player and AI controlled seeking missiles, double machine guns, heavy cannon and flame thrower.

Improved blood stains and effects, spent casings, "level gates", in level story dialogue, and two player coop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PACjfXOZBQI
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Tomorrow Armor - 10/13/09 07:32

Action packed super hardcore stuff.
I love this project since I saw the first battles with the tanks. Simply awesome coding! Canīt wait to play it.
Beside all the stupid grafic talking in this forum, which is in this state not relevant - this is perfect gameplay.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Tomorrow Armor - 10/13/09 10:36

Wow... The AI looks Perfect!
Perfect Gameplay.
Massive Destruction.
This Project is so cool!!
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Tomorrow Armor - 10/13/09 12:04

looks great, like the action, and i do hate asking questions about development but are you using a multi_tex terrain shader? i noticed models change their ambient when in the shadows so am thinking this is the new GS terrain shadowing?
Posted By: Superku

Re: Tomorrow Armor - 10/13/09 12:24

Well done and nice rocket movement!
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Tomorrow Armor - 10/13/09 13:13

All that has to be said was said - the gameplay looks great, the AI as well, and if the coop mode is as funny as I think, this will be a great game.
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Tomorrow Armor - 10/13/09 21:08

like a lot the smoke and particle effects.

Would need bigger and lot more worked HUD, but it's a beta i presume.
Posted By: jumpman

Re: Tomorrow Armor - 10/13/09 23:09

Hey guys, thank you for the encouragment!

alpha_strike : Yes! you remember that stuff! Yea the game's codename is Tomorrow Armor, however it will change into something less specific to armor and tanks. The characters in the game have been the emphasis recently, however I cant get rid of the tanks. Playing a tank is noticably different than running around! (noticably powerful too)

alibaba : thank you! However in this video, the AI's arent really showing their stuff. There is just way too much going with them to detail in a quick little destruction video.

ratchet : yup! at the moment its deinitly a beta. Its a little embarassing for me especially since I am primarily an artist to have such botched together design. But it will change laugh

darkinferno : its the multi-texture terrain shader. There is a channel of the texture that uses the shadow writing function in the wiki to write in shadows onto the terrain. In the game, every AI traces to the sun position, and if the trace is a hit, the unit gets shaded.
Posted By: Gumby22don

Re: Tomorrow Armor - 10/27/09 04:39

I love the squad setup, and the idea of having big units is cool - all human sized gets too repetitive. How big did you get them before you see LOS glitches?

Also love the particle effects - the whole game seems to be heading toward a nice look - new hud would add alot.

keep up the great work!

Don
have a great day
© 2024 lite-C Forums