Tomorrow Armor!

Posted By: jumpman

Tomorrow Armor! - 03/04/08 02:46

Yesterday's Scrap is Tomorrow Armor!!!

Tomorrow Armor youtube Video!
NOTE: the video chops up in certain places because of my computer. Couldnt run gstudio and Fraps at the same time

This post is a little lengthy, but it feels good to explain my work.

Hey everyone its Jumpman again with another ninja post after weeks of silence! Here I have for you screens and video of a new game I am working on, a game of which is the combination of alot of past test levels and systems (maybe these games are still in the forums ). My ultimate game is going to be a squad based shooter, but I wanted to start simple, to see what hidden pitfalls are there in my script, so I started with a tank game. I am glad I started with this game, because of the bugs and errors not found in the test levels were ironed out, all the more better for my future squad game.

In tomorrow armor you control a little green tank, you can shoot your primary cannon and a secondary machine gun. The turret tracks the cursor and fires wherever the cursor is pointing at. The tank is not made up of different entities for the barrel rotation. This script is my previous bone rotation script used for tanks. You can accelerate, reverse and turn, while having your turret fire in any direction.

The real reason of this game was to get an AI to use both the pathfinding script (based on george's AUM A* tutorial) and a behavior setup with some kind of decision making, and to see if I can get it to work. Lemme tell you, having seperate scripts that work perfectly is a different world then putting them together. Lots of new and hidden bugs in the script came to light, but all this did was make the original scripts even more modular and even more improved. Hopefully I will be able to port alot of this code to my next game.

Incoming screens and descriptions of the AI:

Above is a shot of the player trying to look cool.

Here is a shot of both teams fighting each other on a hill.

A green tank outnumbered by two brown tanks.

2 green tanks buffing themselves with bounce shields and a tank buffing himself with armor.

2 brown tanks sending a volley amongst the grass.

Lots of explosions and chaos.

A green tank trying desperatly to survive by using his armor special.

3 brown tanks buffing with sheilds and armor and just generally kicking ass.

Here is the player trying to pick on two tanks, but those 2 had friends....

....which outflanked the player.

(it looks like I am not giving the green team a fair chance, but now I know why most games do not put ally AI or weaken the the ally AI. What ended up happening was that if the player had a few more green tanks, the green team won because of the players distraction. I wanted to make this level hard )

The AI so far has the ability to look for enemies, target and fire at enemies, alert allies who do not have targets, go to investigate (pathfind) shell explosions, and chase targets. The AI is also given a "specials" system. At the moment there are 3 AI specials given to them:

1. Add Armor : the AI buffs itself with 4000 armor. This game uses a damage reduction system like world of warcraft, where incoming damage is reduced by the amount of armor. The AI dies a little slower with this buff.

2. Heal : The AI heals itself for an instant 200, and an additional 100 over time. This does not restore armor, only health. The AI uses this when it is low on health.

3. Bounce Shield : The AI gives itself an almost impenetrable shield, bouncing any direct damage projectile. Indirect shell explosions can still hurt the tank.

Each AI has a certain amount of stocks of their given special. They also have cooldowns so the AI cannot rapid fire their specials in succession.

Above is a debug shot of the tanks showing which of their allies are linked in their own list. If a tank has yellow sparkles above its head, it is linked with 6 allies (full group).

The AI also has a system of knowing which allies are around it, and sorting them into a list. At the moment this does nothing, but this will soon come in handy for when I add onto the AI. Soon the tanks will be able to store his allies and many of their attributes into a list, and take the appropriate course of action. If a tank has 4 allies, 2 of which are of higher rank, and the average health of his group is over 60%, the tank will be more brazen in attacking because he knows he has ample support. If a lone tank sees an enemy that has alot of allies, the tank will choose to retreat.

What to add and improve:

1. More AI specials:

I also want to eventually add a few more specials the AI can perform. Using the AI ally list system, the AI will choose to use an airstrike if his enemy has allies bunched around him, instead of using an airstrike on a single enemy tank. If everything goes right, I will also add a commander AI, which can issue orders to tanks in his list, giving the AI's more clearer appearance of communication, and tank character.

2. Add soldiers and on foot AI

AI scripts should be easily scaleable for AI soldier models instead of tanks. When this happens I will dig into my old "cover finding" script so on foot AI can find cover against heavier armor.

3. Add flanking manuvers

Highest on my priority list is giving the AI the ability to attempt to outflank its target if the target is in a big group. This should provide some more sneaky behavior instead of driving straight up the middle only. With the soon to be implemented commander AI, commander tanks can order the faster subordinate tanks to outflank enemy groups. The level should be reasonably big to offer lots of flanking space.

4. Deathmatch Bots

After the main campaign AI is finished, I hope to then add deathmatch bots that actively drive around the level to various hotspots. These bots will be given random specials and random ranks.

As excited as I am to start adding onto the AI, I will tread lightly, as changing variables and states often destroy the AI, so Im taking it step by step with a priority list.

Sprite animations were done in flash, textures done in photoshop and bodypaint 3d, models done in Maya, animations done in MED, level blocks built in WED, music done with Fruity Loops. Please excuse the placeholder art. After the AI is down, I will work on adding more eye candy.

Posted By: Nems

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/04/08 03:04

Cool, looks spectacular but complex
Working out AI's is often the nightmare part for me.
Posted By: Serex

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/04/08 11:32

Nicely done. I am about to undergo certain AI scripting for a current project, but was undecided as to what method i would be using. Simply looking through these screenshots and watching your gameplay video has motivated me to get some A* based AI system in place. Thankyou
Posted By: FBL

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/04/08 12:26

Wow, there seems to be a lot of impressive thigns going on "behind the scenes".

The graphcis however, look a bit blurry and boring. I hope they are only replacements during development and will be improved later.
Posted By: DarkWhoppy_

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/04/08 14:35

I like the look of the game. It's almost like a cartoon. Nice work
Posted By: molotov

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/04/08 15:14

The style looks realy great, especially the explosions. The gameplay also looks fun but the enviroments could use more work. Are you also going to create different types of tanks? anyway keep up the good work, it's looks great.
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/04/08 15:23

Looks pretty intense. I really like the cartoon dust clouds^^
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/04/08 19:40

Quote:

Cool, looks spectacular but complex

Same idea here
A refreshing concept with a nice cartoony look, what else do you need ^^
Looking forward to see more of this

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: mpdeveloper_A

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/04/08 23:09

I like it! I just think some of the textures don't fit well together, other then that it looks great.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/05/08 03:35

i like the style of this, but as it's been mentioned, a few of the textures need a small change, for instance the grainy sand doesn't fit well with the cartoony dust clouds, but as far as the cartoony look, it looks great.
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/05/08 11:22

Surry, but discussing graphics in this state of work makes me very angry.
He shows us a very perfect style of action, path finding, and a very harmonic code. That is just awesome!

People who discuss the graphic aspects seem to out themselfs as non developers in a very hard way.

You can buy very good graphics, models, sounds - just everything in this range for a few dollars. Seems that all the graphic "shitstuff" is not very much worth at all.

This fellow shows us cool an perfect coding - he shows us a
game development. This is the aspect of the posting! No [censored] graphics! But it seems, that this is very hard to understand for the majority.
Posted By: ello

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/05/08 11:38

wow, this looks like a bunch of hot brain work. and the video shows already a great gameplay. i like how the tanks move. specially the enemies. and i like the explosions weapons powerups and well, just everything.
considering the graphical aspects it already has a cool style. i guess this will just be a fantastic funny and addictive game
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/05/08 14:59

"This fellow shows us cool an perfect coding"
...agreed!

Still, commenting on the graphics (and yes, alpha_strike, I know they're WIP, I know this is all about the coding, but I still think I can mention this at this state): I think it gets a bit messy with all the effects. i couldn't really keep track of the explosions, the hits, the lasers... all got lost on me. don't overdo that part! (maybe if something's hit there should only be a small effect...?)

then again, maybe that's just me.

Awesome game, awesome AI from what I've seen so far, nice work!

Looking forward to more,
Micha
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/05/08 17:44

This is the context I see this demo in:

Man

Codings

alpha_strike is right - there is no point to mention the graphics, cause as the other works of jumpman show that he knows what he is doing. And he was talking about the coding and that it was the coding what he wants to show.

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/05/08 19:36

guys, thank you for the comments! They are very encouraging. Since I dont really have anyone to show my game to you guys are my only source of encouragement/critique!

@molotov
Yes! I will be adding a few more tank types/models to mix it up. The tank model you see in the first post are the intro tanks. Later Ill be making 4 legged tanks, speedy tanks, 4 barrel machine gun tanks, rocket/mortar tanks, lots of them!

@mpdeveloper_B
You are right about the grainy sand not fitting in with the animated explosions. I have a habit of mixing alot of different styles sometimes. I hope to get some sort of "visual playtesting" when the game is in a playable state for testers.

@Germanunkol
I totally agree with the amount of visual chaos going on when lots of tanks are shooting and exploding. It definitly is hard to keep track of what is going on, and I will definitly look into reducing the amount of effects happening/created. Though for me, it looks cool to see all that bright flashing, animation, sounds and explosions going on

The environment will be getting a huge overhaul in both design and textures. It's mentally hard for me to start working on visuals when I cant get the fundamentals working, so alot of that is put off.

The thing about the game so far at this point, is that we all see it now at a point where alot of different scripts come together, and its hard to seperate the scrips visually. At this point the behind the scenes looks really complicated, but its not at all. Its more like lots of small simple peices put together to form something that looks complicated. But, debugging and finding hidden errors never seen before?......now thats complicated

Don't worry, I posted here knowing fully well that everything will be criticised, including the graphics. I wouldnt get mad at anybody. And yes when I said "please excuse the placeholder art", I knew that wasnt an excuse for people not to mention the graphics. Yes, I put the post here to show how the AI moves and works, some small parts of the game itself (like powerup effects), and even some graphics such as the bullet explosion animations, but mainly about the AI.

But since this type of medium is so visual, its hard not to comment on the graphics, so they are welcomed .
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/05/08 20:48

Hi Jump! Please do not reduce the action. Complete it with more laser, explosions and maybe harder sound-fx.
It just looks very very cool. I watched the video over and over again. You could power it up with colored laser.
Red for the enemy, green for the player. I personally would implement air attacs, rocket launcher systems.
You could use "exgen" for cool animated sprites...
keep the good work on.
Posted By: ello

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/06/08 08:44

i second that. it will give more adrenaline if there is so much action

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/06/08 12:57

Sorry... I didn't mean for him to reduce the action but, i think the action is cool!

but when there's lots of tanks close to each other, I'd never know if I hit a tank or not...
Maybe it's the (very cool looking!) effect that occurs when you hit the ground... it's great, and very fitting, but playing together with all the other particle effects, i for one would loose track. Different color lasers would certainly work towards an easier-to-overview game as well...
maybe leave it the way it is, and just keep in mind, when adding more effects, that the user will still want to know who's lasers those on screen are, who's exploding ... etc

Micha

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/06/08 15:07

Quote:

Surry, but discussing graphics in this state of work makes me very angry.
He shows us a very perfect style of action, path finding, and a very harmonic code. That is just awesome!

People who discuss the graphic aspects seem to out themselfs as non developers in a very hard way.

You can buy very good graphics, models, sounds - just everything in this range for a few dollars. Seems that all the graphic "shitstuff" is not very much worth at all.

This fellow shows us cool an perfect coding - he shows us a
game development. This is the aspect of the posting! No [censored] graphics! But it seems, that this is very hard to understand for the majority.

it's true that graphics aren't the full extent of the project, however, they have to do with screenshots, althoug i agree it's well coded, and very well animated. Graphics part of the project, it is important to get a graphic style that "fits together" and fits the game properly, it's also important to go with one style. I think his cartoony graphics are great i just think that the rest of the textures should fit the cartoony style along with the effects

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/06/08 15:17

Quote:

guys, thank you for the comments! They are very encouraging. Since I dont really have anyone to show my game to you guys are my only source of encouragement/critique!

@mpdeveloper_B
You are right about the grainy sand not fitting in with the animated explosions. I have a habit of mixing alot of different styles sometimes. I hope to get some sort of "visual playtesting" when the game is in a playable state for testers.

great, i'd play a demo and tell you what i think, although i couldn't fully dedicate myself to beta testing, PreVa's not gonna make it's own cutscenes and it's definately not going to finish itself . I think your project looks "awesome" believe me, i love the style, and i love how well things are animated , ie the smoke, the tanks. I also love the classic sounds, i'm a sucker for that kind of stuff . I think the project has very much potential, DONT THROW IT AWAY , with a few texture changes to make them look cartoony, and you'd have me playing "as a matter of fact if there was a demo i'd play now"

as for what germanunkol suggested, why not have a mark above enemies and allies heads like a triangle or something.
Posted By: Nicolas_B

Re: Tomorrow Armor! - 03/06/08 18:07

Its realy nice. Good Work!

Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/05/08 20:54

Hey everyone, its Jumpman again!
Yes! I am still working on Tomorrow Armor. This game is too much fun to just forget smile
Came to show you some AI and gameplay progress of Tomorrow Armor:

THIS IS NOT A GRAPHICAL UPDATE.

Watch the video, then read more about it in detail below.

AI IMPROVEMENTS:
1. Flanking Behavior : AI units will try to flank their targets, by pathing to the sides of their enemy. Soon I will implement their decision to choose whether to flank or not based on how many allies their target has, the overall status of the flanking unit and etc.

2. Cover Finding and Suppresion Fire: AI units will seek out cover after making contact with the enemy. After finding cover, the AI will emerge from cover to try and find their target. If the AI does not find it's target, it will lay down suppression fire on the last area it thinks it's target was.

3. Unit Control: The Player can enter a "Command Mode" and give simple commands to allied units. At the moment only "Move to clicked spot" and "Attack Target" are available. Units will move to mouse clicked area, but will engage the enemy if one is found.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Both the Player and the AI's have access to special abilities, and the AI will use them accordingly. The Higher the rank the unit has, the stronger the special is.
Here is the current list:

Self Heal: Unit will heal itself for an initial burst, then a periodic heal for a few seconds after. Good for when you are low on health.

Ally Heal: Unit will heal a damaged ally that is close to it. The heal can go through walls. Good for healing important units.

Heavy Armor: Unit will boost it’s current armor, and increase it’s deflection Armor for a limited amount of time. Deflection armor increases your chances of fully deflecting incoming machine gun bullets. The increased armor value will also help to mitigate bullets that were not deflected and shell explosions.

Bounce Shield: Unit will bounce off every machine gun bullet and direct shell away. However it cannot bounce indirect splash damage nor non ballistic specials, and it has a very short duration.

Powered Bullets: Increases the damage and speed of your machine gun, but does not increase it’s accuracy. Has a low cooldown, so you will be able to chain cast it on yourself.

Powered Shells: Greatly increases the direct damage, splash damage, and splash range of your shells.

Flame Thrower: Shoots a stream of flame. Can hit multiple targets. Rapidly melts armor.The only way to mitigate flame damage is with flame armor. Has a very short range and medium cooldown.

Homing Rocket: Launches a rocket that attempts to track your target. Can be shot over walls. Higher ranks increase the air time.

Bolt: an Instant bolt of electricity is shot at your target, and will attempt to shock two of the target’s closest allies. Damage can only be mitigated by Bolt Armor. Must maintain Line of Sight with your target to achieve the full effect.

Lazer Beam: shoots an instant beam of heat that rapidly melts armor and health. Damage can only be mitigated by flame Armor.

Displacement: You swap positions with your target, teleporting you to their position, and they to your last position. Good for disorienting the target.

Weapon Stop: (NOT SHOWN IN VIDEO) Prevents your target from using any of their weapons.

Move Stop: (NOT SHOWN IN VIDEO) Prevents your target from moving.

Attractor Field: (NOT SHOWN IN VIDEO) Temporarily Increases your health, and creates a vacuum which sucks in all enemy projectiles to you. Good for protecting another unit, especially while behind walls.

The cool thing is, the AI has access to all the special abilities the player has, and is also limited by the amount of times they can use a special. The AI also uses the specials accordingly. For example, an AI will only use the Attractor Field if he is under fire and surrounded by allies.

There is also a simple team deathmatch mode, where both teams roam the field and engage enemies . This was originally used to create a running demo to find some elusive bugs, but will now become a feature. The AI’s and the Player will respawn if they have lives left, and will be given a random special ability.

WHATS NEXT?

1. Going to add an Airstrike Special, and an Arching Heat Beam special. AI’s will use these based on how many allies their target has (to increase amount of enemies getting hit).

2. Troop Specials, specials for on foot units:

Stun: Stuns the target, preventing movement or weapons for a short amount of time. Can only be used on troops.

Tank Buster: Busts the enemy’s armor, dividing it in half for a short amount of time. Can only be used against non foot units.

Attach bomb: Attaches a timed bomb that explodes. Can only be used against non foot units.

Stealth: Foot unit will enter stealth, preventing enemies from seeing it. If a stealth unit lands an attack that will hit, the unit will exit stealth. Can only be used by foot troops.

Deception: Temporarily deceives the target, switching it’s allegiance to the caster.

3. Character Specific Specials: Special Characters in the story will get their own specials, such as:

Transfer Essence : Unit will damage enemy, and receive healing based on damage.
Reverbing Impact: Direct shell impacts will hurt the closest ally, reguardless of Line of sight.

4. Getting Foot troops: Working in soldiers instead of all vehicles.

So far there is a lot of work to be done, and I am a little afraid about people’s computer’s getting to advanced to play this game when it’s finished. But I wont mind smile

Let me know.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/05/08 21:05

That's amazing - so many options and so many possibilities!
Great work!
Posted By: cro_games

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/05/08 21:11

I like this game,looks like fun..
It's working on how many fps? On which configuration?
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/05/08 21:14

Very intricate and impressive! You should definitely go that extra mile and try and turn this into a commercial game (if you aren't already planning that) 'cos it definitely has the potential!

cartoon_baboon
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/05/08 21:24

reminds me re-volt from dreamcast - small cars(ay this case tanks), but so much fun smile
and i suppose it was darn hard to program. excellent work!

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/05/08 21:49

Thank you all smile

It looks intricate, but it really isnt, all it is is just a combination of smaller scripts fleshed out in seperate testing levels, then all tuned to work with each other.... which, I guess in the end it is pretty intricate :P

@Cro_Games

I have winXP, 3 gigs of ram, but with a terrible graphics card. With 15 on 15 AI's I can get 30-40 FPS, but when the 30 AI's start to engage each other, and bullets and effects start flying, it can drop as low as 15 fps. However alot of what is eating the frame rate is the little effects such as the smoke plumes, impact animations, shell scorches, and large amount of transparencies on screen. At the moment I have a dirty "equalizer" script to destroy all eye candy effects if the framerate drops too low.

- here's a little more about the game mechanics -

Unit Stats:

Physical Armor: Armor mitigates all physical damage by the amount of armor you have. The higher armor, the more mitigation. An incoming projectile has raw damage values, which are reduced by the armor. Any damage that makes it through the armor mitigation is subtracted from the unit's health. The max amount of armor is 10k. Tanks have way more armor than troops. Physical Armor cannot mitigate flame or bolt damage. Can be replenished by picking up armor plates, or special buffs.

Health: Health is the life of your unit. If it drops to zero the unit dies. Can be replenished by health pickups, self heals or heals by allies.

Deflection Armor: Deflection armor increases your chances of fully deflecting bullet munitions. The higher your deflection value, the higher chance you have to deflect bullets. Troops have very low to no deflection armor. Can be increased by the Heavy Armor special and Tank Types with natural deflection. Shells cannot be deflected.

Flame Armor: the higher your flame armor, the more you reduce incoming flame damage. Can be increased by the Flame Armor special and unit types with natural flame armor.

Bolt Armor: the higher your bolt armor, the more you reduce incoming bolt damage. Can be increased by Bolt Armor Special and unit types with natural bolt armor.

Machine Gun accuracy: Reduces the straying of machine gun bullets while firing, can be increased by picking up the MG accuracy icon.

Shell Accuracy: reduces the straying of shells when fired, can be increased by picking up the Shell Accuracy icon.

There will be different factions specializing in different offensive and defensive personalities:

Titan Tank:
Armor: High
Health: High
Natural MG Damage: Low
Natural Shell Damage: Low
Special Types: Self Heal, Heavy Armor, Attractor
AI Personality: Finds Cover, Suppresion Fire, Bounce Shield

Fast Gunner:
Armor: Low
Health: Medium
Natural MG Damage: High
Natural Shell Damage: lower
Special Types: Powered Bullets
AI Personality: Always Flanks

Berserker
Armor: Medium
Health: Low
Natural MG Damage: High
Natural Shell Damage: High
Special Types: Powered Bullets, Powered Shells, Bounce Shield
AI personality: Charges head on, Flanking

and etc :P

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/05/08 23:41

Originally Posted By: jumpman
Thank you all smile
@Cro_Games

I have winXP, 3 gigs of ram, but with a terrible graphics card. With 15 on 15 AI's I can get 30-40 FPS, but when the 30 AI's start to engage each other, and bullets and effects start flying, it can drop as low as 15 fps. However alot of what is eating the frame rate is the little effects such as the smoke plumes, impact animations, shell scorches, and large amount of transparencies on screen. At the moment I have a dirty "equalizer" script to destroy all eye candy effects if the framerate drops too low.

Which GPU(VPU)? and CPU?

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/05/08 23:55

GPU is an 128 ATI Radeon x300 SE, CPU is an intel p4 at 3ghz.

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/06/08 00:06

Than the fps is good,nice work man..keep it up..
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/06/08 08:15

That is definitly some pro work jumpmap wink wink
All those effects looked very accurate, I especially enjoyed the large scale mayhem grin grin
Be smart and make this a commercial project wink wink

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/08/08 16:37

I want to play it ! laugh
awesome... controlling allied units looks like fun... I'd love to come up with all the different ways and tactics to hunt down
an enemy... laugh

*edit* and the particle effects are fun as well smile
Posted By: astrophe

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! - 09/09/08 00:55

very cool... wonderful gameplay.... it all just flows so nicely... i love the interesting things you've added as you've progressed... the flanking and cover fire in the AI is especially impressive wink

i do like the cartoony look... and i'm sure it will improve with time... but from a tech standpoint, you're doing an amazing job.

Tomorrow Armor, small update - 09/09/08 01:27

-Going on a slight tangent....

Thank you so much, all of you. Its incredibly encouraging, especially since this project is hidden to almost everyone I know, because it started as a little side project.

There is so much work going into this, I'm actually very shocked thinking about every little piece that constitutes the whole. I take for granted what I've started in the beginning of this project, and realize that isolating every peice and getting it working is what lets me make the game seem complicated as a whole. From George Pirvu's excellent pathfinding tutorial, where I understood the fundamentals of A*, to little scripts I made just for fun, creating a dynamic list of allies for each AI, bone rotation and limits, then onto my first state based AI. Every tiny script and function is working together....

-BACK ON TRACK-

Here is a small update. As stated before I am integrating non vehicular models into Tomorrow Armor, so that you can control on-foot troops and other characters.

Script-wise its all about setting lists of variables, and assigning them to the AI/Player when the level loads. Human models have flags in their script that will constraint their torso bone from rotating 360, other variables control how fast they run, others resize the collision hull to my tuning. Soon I'll be adding things like bullet impacts on humans will squirt blood, vehicles will burst into flames on death and etc.

Its all about setting up a predefined list for characters, then plugging in the values during script.

After I infused Keith with life, he asked me for a 1 on 1 deathmatch in the test level. The conversation went like this:

Keith Bot: HAY JUSTIN! You want to play challenge of deathmatch?
Justin: Sure....but I know exactly what your going to do.
Keith Bot: NO! Your not as am smart as me am!!!!!one.

And on a slight AI tangent not seen in the video, I've added an ability for Keith to backflip, which opens up a new set of abilities for every AI. Right now I forsee the AI characters backflipping, doing combat rolls, doing melee attacks...
© 2024 lite-C Forums