botMaze .. another minigame :)

Posted By: ello

botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 21:45

yea, this is the sideproject that shall keep me from morphing into a rabbit. dont care about the freaking numbers, if run from sed they show up fine, so i just dont know whats happening there exactly

the game uses the mazeGeneration code i posted under contributions

here are some shots..

download

have fun with it.. i hope you can read what stands there...

btw, wasd + mouse to navigate
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 22:03

some guys only need a little inspiration to get active
(btw. Startup failure )

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 22:09

dunno how that happened, but the zip was 2kb smaller than it should.. i updated the file

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 22:15

cute little dam# fu''ing bots

Nice little game, good work! (only the camera/shader makes me a littly crazy )

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 22:17

yep, thats why it is there.. it looks quite shaped without it, but well, maybe i'll add an option. anyways, you could pull out your shader2.0 gpu and put in a worse card to get rid of it

the bots are using an environment-detection-only ai for now. but if i get the hang of it, i'll ad a hunting state...
Posted By: frazzle

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 22:18

FUN and creative minigame
Nice work ello

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 22:20

thanks. i was thinking of adding that when the player has collected all crystals you need to find a random placed exit in a certain amount of time... maybe...

i am a bit unsure about giving a weapon to the player:)

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 22:25

weapon sounds good - but not a typical weapon (lasergun/...).
Something really fancy... *think*
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 23:09

6 times of 8, when I met a bot the game crashed.

The general design, walls and diamonds, shader, even the 'drunken' camera, the visualization of the bots' scanning that is done quite nicely!

Maybe, you could add a second floor to the maze.

Or, just additional blocks with a bevel or stairs, to escape from the bots and find additional diamonds.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 23:27

before i download, i just have to say i love how you always have cool shader effects in your games. this effect reminds me of darwinia, and looks very fitting with the scenery. it also looks like it would be a very simple effect, despite not being something you see often. you are one of the very few people who show originality in their shaders.

now to download...

julz

EDIT: stylish. very smooth. pretty solid, except it froze once and became non-responsive and i couldn't figure out why. aside from that, really cool.
Posted By: achaziel

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 23:45

it crashes when i meet a bot. unfortunately. its really fun and your feeling for shader use is simply awesome, love the unique style. and the drunken cam XD

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/19/07 23:50

at one point i started going down until i was pressing against the ground. as i moved around more i slowly lifted up again, but eventually got too high to pick up the gems.

julz

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/20/07 07:16

thanks for all your kind words and for reporting bugs. from tomorrow on i have holidays, so i can spend a bit more time to find and eliminate the bugs. strange with the crashes happening (never got one) and julz, yours is really strange since the z position is a fixed value...

edit.. and i was thinking the text-issue was heavy

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/20/07 12:49

had a screenshot but couldn't find it again. using that as an excuse to give it another go (with the hopes of bumping into that again) i had a good time playing it again, with the only issue being the same occasional freezing and crashing.

julz

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/20/07 15:27

In contradiction to the many crashes, the game runs smooth here

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/20/07 15:33

great.. now thats what i like.. wtf, why cant it just crash everywhere and be a bug thats reproducable??

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/20/07 15:36

Because it's a bug

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/20/07 20:29

can someone check the game again?? i think i fixed the crashes...but i need some confirmations
download
Posted By: Poison

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/20/07 20:36

Thought its fixed...
No Engine crash anymore.

Cheers

Poison Byte

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/20/07 20:44

Nice to see you keep on updating it
Those damn bugs ^^

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/21/07 10:21

fun
I wouldn't add a gun though... don't make it a first person shooter, it's good the way it is!
mind sharing something about the "drunken cam"?
I like it

Micha

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/21/07 19:19

thanks, i was just thinking of creating a countdown that counts for 60 seconds when there is only one crystal left. but than, again, maybe thats to heavy and i should create an option where you can select arcade mode or not?

and another idea that just came to my mind, for those who want weapons, a selectable gameplay where those botz are continously beamed into the level and if you dont shot them they get so much that you are dying in one second..

what do you think.. any further ideas?

the drunken cam is just some trigonometric functions applied to the camera position and rotation

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/21/07 20:08

Quote:

and another idea that just came to my mind, for those who want weapons, a selectable gameplay where those botz are continously beamed into the level and if you dont shot them they get so much that you are dying in one second..

hmmmmm (too common)! - what do you think about MAGNETS (the player can collect some) and put them to the ground when the bot's are following - and when they reach this magnets they stuck - (then it's a barrier for the player's moves and [in the first moment] a facility)...

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/22/07 00:23

hmm, interesting idea, however, i think craeting negativ magnets which catapult the bots into nirvana may be quite cool, too..

anyways, an update has been made, 3 game mode's .. (arcade can be fun if you choose a bigger size) and it runs in fullscreen now.

download

cheers and thanks for all your inputs!

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/22/07 10:40

Great, I'll check it out

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/22/07 22:51

you should disable the [0] button. it allows us to go into flythrough mode. pressing it again turns off flythrough mode and should make it return to normal, but it doesn't -- my aforementioned bug was produced only after turning on and off flythrough mode.

nice view though.

haven't tried the latest version yet.

julz

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/23/07 10:14

oh, i thought the "0" button was just while developing... gonna fix this.

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/27/07 23:03

i uploaded a new version. added shooting for the player and beaming for the enemies.
have a nice one
Posted By: Creepinbox

Re: botMaze .. another minigame :) - 12/27/07 23:54

How is it ? whats the secret behind those cool overlay effects(broken tv when hit, and that pixle effect)
© 2024 lite-C Forums