3D World Studio v5.46 - .wmp export added

Posted By: Leadwerks

3D World Studio v5.46 - .wmp export added - 04/24/06 20:24

Download this patch for 3D World Studio:
http://www.leadwerks.com/files/3DWorldStudio5.46.zip

I am not sure if the texture mapping is exporting correctly. Your feedback will be most appreciated.

From versions.txt:

-added notification if internet connection is not present during program registration
-added .wmp export. Texture mapping might not be exporting completely right
-fixed memory leak causing large file sizes
-added "Run Map" dialog
Posted By: Penneywize9

Re: 3D World Studio v5.46 - .wmp export added - 04/26/06 23:52

Excellent! Very nice to see developers of 3rd party software cater to the needs of the Gamestudio community...

Now, any plans for .mdl export? Many devs are creating games with no bsp-based blocks at all, using models for every part of their level architecture. Would be nice to have this compatibility as well.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: 3D World Studio v5.46 - .wmp export added - 04/27/06 02:28

Someone asked this on his forum, and it sounded like he was sticking with non-model functionality. Other 3rd party apps do this better, so he saw no reason to compete. Plus, this editor will tie in with his own Sim Engine when it's complete, and I'm guessing it'll be BsP based.
Posted By: Roy

Re: 3D World Studio v5.46 - .wmp export added - 04/28/06 17:29

When i'm trying to import a *.wmp (file --> import) i get an error:
failed to import file: "filename.wmp".
Am i doing something wrong?
Posted By: Salva

Re: 3D World Studio v5.46 - .wmp export added - 04/29/06 07:48

Hi!

No it is not a your error the same also happens to me, besides, I have tried to create a terrain, and I have exported it as wmp. but when I open it in 3dgs I not seen anything, for the moment look as if it export only block entity without texture, and not terrain!

salva
Posted By: lionclaws

Re: 3D World Studio v5.46 - .wmp export added - 05/11/06 08:39

Quote:

Someone asked this on his forum, and it sounded like he was sticking with non-model functionality. Other 3rd party apps do this better, so he saw no reason to compete. Plus, this editor will tie in with his own Sim Engine when it's complete, and I'm guessing it'll be BsP based.

Quote:

Hi!

No it is not a your error the same also happens to me, besides, I have tried to create a terrain, and I have exported it as wmp. but when I open it in 3dgs I not seen anything, for the moment look as if it export only block entity without texture, and not terrain!

salva

You know I found this "Sim Engine" stuff strange,why not make 3DWS compatible to
3DGS(Full package) not just level building but the Terrain as well.It will seriousely up 3DGS Replacing their terrain with 3DWS Terrain.At any rate we shall see what Sim Engine will do.

You shouldn't get an error exporting if you are licensed.Trying to export w/out
proper license will not work.I f you are licensed there are couple of newer updates here:http://www.leadwerks.com/index.php?page=downloads.htm
This is the latest.
Posted By: nightshade

Re: 3D World Studio v5.46 - .wmp export added - 05/13/06 11:08

If i start 3dworldstudio.exe, I get an error : User lib not found.

Help pls!
Posted By: light_mystic

Re: 3D World Studio v5.46 - .wmp export added - 05/13/06 12:04

You will get more help from here.

http://www.leadwerks.com/forums/
© 2024 lite-C Forums