Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8]

Posted By: tagimbul

Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 05/25/16 07:32

hey =)
can anyone tell me how to import a model with bones and animation in the MED? From Blender, 3D MAX, Cinema 4D or other programs? in 3DGS A8?
Posted By: Hawthourne

Re: Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 05/26/16 01:20

Commenting to bookmark- I managed to export the armature with the mesh using the FBX export in Blender, but whenever I try to import it I get an error and the armature is lost. Any help would be great!

Re: Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 05/26/16 05:14

can i use fragMOTION to export in blender, import in fragmotion and export to MDL ?
model + bones?
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 05/26/16 11:07

Originally Posted By: tagimbul
can anyone tell me how to import a model with bones and animation in the MED? From Blender, 3D MAX, Cinema 4D or other programs? in 3DGS A8?

Why you not simply use FBX import in MED? You just need export your model from 3dmax to fbx and import in MED. Just pay attention on the export options, because MED use fbx2010 plugin and some newer (or older) can cut animations and bones.
Frag is good, last version support export/import bones and animations to mdl7. Beacuse i do not use blender i do not know how export "fragmotion to blender" works, but i guess blender have a good FBX importer/exporter and you can import directly into MED?

Re: Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 05/26/16 11:25

i have problems with FBX export. the mesh is okey but the bones + animation i cant export...

i cant finf fnx2010. have you a link for me please? =)
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 05/26/16 11:38

In 3dmax, when you go export model to fbx, click save and then in new window in 'Fbx file format' select version 2010.

Re: Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 05/26/16 11:42

ok i try it thx =)

Re: Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 05/28/16 21:38

now i try it with fragmotion. and then i work with FBX or BHX packs from true bones. bones animations rigging <3
Posted By: RPGfan

Re: Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 06/05/16 19:40

I hope help you with my contributions

I use Carrara v 8.5 Pro, I export with FBX 6.1, but be careful with the faces, in Carrara you must by example, on the top view adjust the object orientation on side view and lying... all the directions are modified before attach the bones...and export for MED.
Posted By: Hawthourne

Re: Import Model+Bones Animation from Blender? [A8] - 06/08/16 19:36

I think blender exports to FBX fine with the armatures, because if I then import the FBX back into blender it is there. Do we think that there is just a hiccup with how the two programs encode/decode and the only option is to use a different program?
© 2024 lite-C Forums