Cannot build anymore!

Posted By: Indy

Cannot build anymore! - 09/21/12 22:13

Hi,

since I have updated to 8.40 I can't build anymore with WED. I just click "Build" then I answer the message "replace with default texture" with yes but nothing happens. No window appears. Has anyone an idea?

I am using Win 7 Pro, with Core i3 and two graphic cards. Onboard intel hd and an external amd hd 5470.

Thx.
Posted By: Superku

Re: Cannot build anymore! - 09/21/12 22:45

I've had this problem on my laptop recently, too.
I think I then started wwmp2wmb.exe directly from the GStudio folder, an error appeared and stated that one DLL was missing, d3dx9_30.dll or similar. So please start the map compiler, i.e. the executable, and check the error message.

Re: Cannot build anymore! - 09/22/12 06:44

Hi Superku,

The d3dx9_32.dll cannot be found. *_30 and *_42 are in the program folder.

Re: Cannot build anymore! - 09/22/12 12:44

Hi,

ok, I've just solved the problem. I've installed all directx SDK updates with the dxwebinstaller. Now it works!

Thanks anyway!
Posted By: randomer

Re: Cannot build anymore! - 09/30/12 13:34

I can't build either. The "Build map" menu doesn't open and the compiler doesn't build. When I click on the compiler program directly the message is "d3dx9_32.dll can't be found". I can't find it either. I've downloaded many times and reinstalled. I have the problem on XP and on Windows 7 on another computer. Does anyone know a solution?

Re: Cannot build anymore! - 09/30/12 15:28

@randomer:
Did you try the directx web installer (http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=35)? I had the same problem and this solved it.
Posted By: randomer

Re: Cannot build anymore! - 09/30/12 19:01

That's the solution! Thanks very much for your help! Much appreciated.
© 2024 lite-C Forums