MED Extrude sometimes crashs MED

Posted By: Grimber

MED Extrude sometimes crashs MED - 05/30/10 21:05

I've been trying out the free version of A7.

While workign in MED i place a cylinder and after selecting faces on one of the flat round sides I click the extrude button, enter a value into the extrude distance pop up window (been using values from 5 to 8) and click OK. MED then 'hangs' for a few seconds then I get the windows pop up window stating MED has stopped working then MED completly shuts down on its own.

I'm running Vista and had to use the 'Disable compatability' under MED properties, because before i did that the view windows would go blank white every time I added a primitive or box drag selected something. Could this 'disable compatability' be causing it to crash like this?
Posted By: Superku

Re: MED Extrude sometimes crashs MED - 05/30/10 21:20

It is/was a known bug:

Quote:
MED sometimes crashed with the Extrude function (fixed in 7.83.5).

Re: MED Extrude sometimes crashs MED - 05/30/10 21:49

sorry, thank for the info

Didn't see before that the number of posted threads I could view was limited to only the last 3 months tongue wondered why I didn;t see anything here or by search.

I went back to my A6 MED and it didn;t seem to have such issues so must have been a DirectX thing
Posted By: wdlmaster

Re: MED Extrude sometimes crashs MED - 05/31/10 13:29

there's a simple solution: Don't use MED. Or any other included editors. They're basicaly ... crap!

Re: MED Extrude sometimes crashs MED - 05/31/10 20:41

Originally Posted By: wdlmaster
there's a simple solution: Don't use MED. Or any other included editors. They're basicaly ... crap!

A tool is a tool, it can only do the job as well as the person that puts the time and effort into learning and useing it. Afterall, the 'creativity' comes from the person, not the tool.

Posted By: DLively

Re: MED Extrude sometimes crashs MED - 05/31/10 23:38

Originally Posted By: by Grimber

A tool is a tool, it can only do the job as well as the person that puts the time and effort into learning and useing it. Afterall, the 'creativity' comes from the person, not the tool.

Off / On Topic.. I second this!! MED is all I use laugh
Now - my models aren't perfect - but they are good wink

http://devonlively.com/portfolio/patrick1.png

I modeled my friend with MED wink
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: MED Extrude sometimes crashs MED - 06/01/10 01:04

MED is quite a good tool to import and to convert models, and to check converted models. It improved over the time although some parts got more complicating that they had to.

I used it for a long time for modeling and animating as well, but there are better and faster tools for that. I started to learn blender in the last year, and use it now exclusively.

Devon, if you want to make further progress with your modeling skills, I recommend you to learn blender as well.

OT:
Welcome back, Grimber! Nice to see you again in the forums! laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums