A& to A8

Posted By: DAVIDMORETON

A& to A8 - 03/26/18 14:20

Hello Developers,
I have A7 commercial and would like to up grade to A8.
There doesn’t seem to be an option on the up grade page to do this (I therefore don’t know the cost for the up grade).
Could you please pass this on to the correct contact, or tell me how to contact them?
I know this is not your responsibility, but I don’t know who else to contact – there doesn’t seem to be an email address to send this enquiry to.
Kind regards, David.

dbreynoldsmoreton433@gmail.com
Posted By: Ezzett

Re: A& to A8 - 03/26/18 15:21

If you're looking for an upgrade option to A8 Commercial, that's not possible anymore because the commercial edition is discontinued.

You have to upgrade to A8 Pro and that option is right there on the upgrade page.

Edit: I checked again and if you select German as the language of the upgrade page there is an option to upgrade from A7 Commercial to A8 Pro but not when the language is set to English.
Posted By: jcl

Re: A& to A8 - 03/27/18 09:32

Yes, the german/english versions were mixed up. The right one is here:

http://www.shareit.com/product.html?productid=300164554
Posted By: 3run

Re: A& to A8 - 03/27/18 16:31

Hey!

My advice , don't spend you money, just wait for the contest and win it! You'll get PRO version.

Best regards!
Posted By: BorgNot

Re: A& to A8 - 04/12/18 03:49

I have the Commercial A7 also and would like to upgrade. I am not at all prepared for a contest to win a Pro version. Anyone else upgrade from A8 Commercial to A8 Pro? How do you like the difference?
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: A& to A8 - 04/12/18 07:44

I have upgraded from A7 Pro to A8 Pro.

My A7 project works in A8, the big difference is mainly the physics engine changed from ODE to PhysX

I haven't use any physics in my prototype so I cannot tell the difference but tried some physics demo and found the demos are really cool.

The WED/MED editor toolbar icons look better, GED version same as A7.

It is still a good engine for Windows, no royalty, no subscription, I wonder why it didn't keep developing, particular for mobile platform.
Posted By: BorgNot

Re: A& to A8 - 04/13/18 02:05

Thank you Frederick_Lim.

It seems that this is the only way to design a backwards compatible and forward for Windows. Atari is on Steam as well as Lucas Arts. It seems there is a place for A8. I am a bit excited that a few games from here have gone to Steam. I have been trying to track down more games released using GameStudio. I am not sure if there were some prototypes then were switched to Unity.

I am very curious what Grimm Dawn is using being that it is Windows only. I am also curious if there are any ARPGs using the A7/A8.

I think I will be upgrading. I am not liking the idea of learning Unity.

Thank you again,,
BN
© 2024 lite-C Forums