media_play and images

Posted By: Logitek

media_play and images - 08/27/15 07:28

I know, I have a lot of questions in the last time. The next one is again about media_play.

Manual: In some Windows versions, still images are not streamed at all, depending on the configuration - so we do not recommend to use this instruction for still images.

Does anyone know which windows versions are not working? Or which configuration it is? Is that only for older windows versions? Or also for newer ones? Has anyone experience with that?
Posted By: Dico

Re: media_play and images - 08/27/15 14:54

I use this function in windows XP /7/8 and it's work but the problem is the freezing .

Re: media_play and images - 08/27/15 16:03

What do you mean with freezing? The game is holding on? Or the image is not completely loaded? But game is still running?
Posted By: FBL

Re: media_play and images - 08/27/15 16:31

Save version is to use a PANEL* for still images.

Re: media_play and images - 08/27/15 16:32

Yes, I know. The only one problem is if you have not only one still image. With media_play you don't need to put all images into the memory at beginning.

Re: media_play and images - 08/27/15 17:00

when you stream an image or video online with media_play the engine will freeze until he finish downloading image or video in memory

Re: media_play and images - 08/27/15 17:16

Okay, I understand. But that can not happen from harddisk I think.

Re: media_play and images - 08/27/15 17:26

yes , its fast on harddisk

Re: media_play and images - 08/27/15 19:05

Originally Posted By: Logitek
Yes, I know. The only one problem is if you have not only one still image. With media_play you don't need to put all images into the memory at beginning.

bmap_purge/bmap_load?

Re: media_play and images - 08/27/15 19:51

If mode is set at 0, the bmap size is unchanged. If the image file size is different, or is not a power of 2, parts of the image can be clipped away or filled with black.If mode is set at 1, the bmap is changed to the new size. It must be a power of two in size.

from the manual.

I am not sure if bmap_load will work for full screen size panel. Because the image would not have the power of 2.

I already use bmap purge for deleting the images from the start menu. This is working fine.

Do you have a small example how to change the current image on a panel with a new one from the folder? With the right size? I mean a full screen panel with a 1280 x 720 px image.

Re: media_play and images - 08/28/15 07:55

Okay, I have tested it. And it should work. First I got Direct X Errors, but I have changed to bmp and it is working fine. Seems like it does not need the power of 2 with var mode 0. However thanks for support.

Re: media_play and images - 08/28/15 11:27

I never have panel bitmaps with power of two... but you can also try bmap_create instead of bmap_load, then you don't need to provde a bitmap to load into.
© 2024 lite-C Forums